Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To be physically active

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Soorya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soorya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To be physically active
    Posted: Dec 27 2017 at 4:33pm
Hi all
i am starting my chemo next week for my recurrence

Just wanted to know what excise or physical activity i can do during and after chemo.

What i should do to be active.

I am not sure if there is any post already for this
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2017 at 11:09pm
Soorya,

I'd talk to your oncologist, but I think any physical activity that you feel comfortable doing will help you.  Walking is always a good exercise and you can do at your own pace.  Yoga too.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Tamara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2017 at 1:16am
I enjoyed short walks during chemo with the approval of my oncologist. On days I felt like walking around the block I asked my husband or one of our children to join me in case I got too weak and needed someone to get the car and drive me home - that did happen a few times but I enjoyed the fresh air and exercise.
Best wishes
Tamara
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic