FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TNBC with no breast tumor present?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
honeybadger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybadger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TNBC with no breast tumor present?
    Posted: May 02 2019 at 1:28pm
Hi all. I am really confused about this diagnosis about two weeks ago. I had a 3D mammography done which showed a 2cm mass in right breast and 3cm lymph node under left armpit area. Biopsies done on both. The right mass was fatty/benign tissue however the lymph node is malignant. The cancer cells show diffuse and "most likely" of mammary origin. Diagnosis TNBC, beginning chemo tomorrow!! AC and Paclitaxel. 

So has anyone else ever had this diagnosis without actually having a tumor present in the adjoining breast? I had an additional MRI and the Dr. called back and said there are areas of interest at 3,6,9 (like the hour hands on a clock) in the left breast which would need ultrasound and biopsy. I also had a PET scan done two days ago, no word on the results from that. 

The real question then would be can TNBC be detected in lymph nodes prior to actual tumors forming in the breast?  This may also have more to do with what the Dr. called "occult" breast cancer where they can't find the origin or source of the cancer. Thankful for any info/advice/experience that can be shared. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic