FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TNBC took Sister

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TNBC took Sister
    Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 9:27pm
Hello I am Diane Waggoners older Sister TNBC took her on Tues.March 10th 2015 I miss her terribly as I was with her for 57 years and 11 months of pure hell She always talked about this web site and I am here now to see what she saw. I know it helped her and I know when ever there was a new member she was so very sad. I will keep up the fight to find a cure, I don't want it to take any more God Bless all of you and thanks for being a Sister to my Sister. She was too young. Sherry
shabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 9:29pm
too young to die
shabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 9:37pm
Please remember Diane Waggoner as she passed on March 10th from TNBC
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 6:36am
I am so sorry for the loss of your sister, Diane.  I'm glad you were a comfort to her as she battled this horrible disease.  May you remember the good and loving times you had with her.  I hope one day we have targeted therapy.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

shabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 9:19am
Thanks Donna today we bury her @ 11:00 am so hard. I cant believe you have had it so long. Lets please keep in contact. God bless you Sister.
KristyLee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristyLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 11:12am
Sherry, I'm so very sorry for your loss.  
Dx 09/14 Stage 2 TNBC, Grade 3, 3cm, no nodes. BRCA1+ Neoadjuvant treatment: 4 AC/T, 12 Taxol, 4 Carboplatin. BMX Diep Flap Hyster 3/5/15. Path report PCR, no radiation advised.
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 4:17pm
Sherry I too have lost, for me it's been 2 sisters to cancer. I don't think there's another place to come to where so many of our family can understand so completely the tragedy that losing your sister means. I am always in wonder of the spirit and kindness of those that have Tneg have and the strength and love that their families contribute to the journey.

I hate this disease and what it does to good and fine people. It makes no sense to me. Having had Tneg and having had 2 sisters fight cancer I kind of know what it's like to be on both sides of the battle. Either way, it sucks. Your sister was very lucky to have had you as her sister, your love for her is obvious from your words and I know you must be close to absolute exhaustion so it's all the more meaningful that you chose to use some of your energy to come here and share her story. Thank you. For you now, please do take extra care of yourself, trust in your decisions and your way forward. Best, Mainy
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 7:36pm
Dear Sherry,
Thank you for coming here and letting us know about the death of your sister,'Diane Waggoner'. This triple negative cancer has taken so many young women away from family and friends. I am personally praying for a targeted therapy for our TNeg Sisters in the near future. I pray I live long enough to see it become a reality.
My Sympathy to you and all of Diane's family. Please take care of yourself and get some rest. Come here anytime and share your thoughts, grief, and anything else you would like to share. Diane was lucky to have you for an advocate as well as a sister.

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 7:41pm
Dear Sherry,
Did Diane ever post here or just come to read. I was wondering what name she used to post under, if any. If she just came to read I am so glad we were here for her and I hope she found some support and love here.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
shabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 8:03pm
Thanks to everyone, and Diane was on here daily, I am not sure she posted, but I know she was so sorry ever time a new Sister was Diagnosed. she was so scared for the 11 months she had it. it spread to her lungs and her throat had a tumor where they went in to look @ her lungs, oh God she suffered so bad , they had to put a drain in between her ribs and drain her daily towards the end, I saw how bad it hurt because I was with her. She was so dam strong and now I wonder why she didn't eat sugar and tried to go organic. she loved my Sister Hollys baked oatmeal. I miss her and am so scared. My Husband was just diagnosed with kidney cancer that they accidently found because of a gallbladder attack, they removed the R kidney and gallbladder, Diane and him were in @ the same time, his cancer unfortunately spread to the pancreas and see Md. tomorrow. I just don't know how much one can take, we also buried my Dad 6 months ago and @ the same time my Son told me he and his wife are separating, 2 girls second time for the first girl and now my little Bella. I will help TNBC ladies and take over for Diane. God Bless you all. I guess Diane sent one of the ladies money for TX.
shabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 8:04pm
Thanks Lillie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2015 at 11:47am
That's a huge amount to bear. I'm going to say something out of turn here, but also borne of concern and caring. You need to find a professional to help you through this. I think most of us would tell you that you're on the right path, that you're strong and courageous. But under your circumstances Hercules would have run crying down the road. So please consider trying to find a professional that can help you navigate all that is on your table now.

And please please, do come here regularly and let us help you as you helped your sister Diane.

As our dear Connie used to say, remember wherever you travel, whatever you must bear, you have the Tneg family standing at your back, we'll fill every doctor's office consultation, every procedure, every scary MRI, all of it, we'll be there.

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
shabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2015 at 9:14pm
Hi Thanks for those kind and very helpful words. I actually do see my Psychiatrist on the 30th I have sought professional help a while back with my Dad. I do need to ask you if you would trust a study for my husbands Kidney Cancer that traveled to his pancreas, it is not FDA approved they hit us with that today, we just thought he would have the FU with Surgeon that removed his kidney, but they had an oncologist picked out for us and this advocate Md brought up this study, it was a lot of info in one day and My Hubby liked the idea of taking a pill instead of chemo. I just don't know. Thanks Sherry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2015 at 9:37pm
That strikes me as a leap Sherry. Is this in a Clinical Trial? It's so terribly hard to decide these things because we're just flat out vulnerable and we want to grab onto something when it's offered. I agree a pill instead of an infusion has some definite appeal...but a pill can have the same if not worse side effects as an infusion chemo. I had pretty righteous side effects from my pill chemo.

The questioning that worked well for me (because I'm not a professional and I don't have an oncologist's grasp of how chemos work) is to say; 'that's an idea how do WE figure out if it's the right path to take? Can you give me another treatment to add into the mix of decision making? Are there any Clinical Trials that you offer that we should be considering'

In other words I'm personally not fond of 'serial' options. I'd rather push a doctor and get more than one option the first round than hear about another option after the first one didn't work. But since I don't have the analytical knowledge to really make judgments like this I'm more comfortable getting the professional to prove it to me and do the sorting out. A good treatment that worked for me didn't work for my sister, I'll never forget that and it's made me a pushy broad that asks for a treatment that matches up with the kind of tumor I have.

Not knowing is an ok thing Sherry. No one seems to recognize that we folks can make decisions just fine but we gotta have the tools to understand how things work. That's where a doctor needs to be able to do the sorting for you and come up with more than one plan and then do a good job of explaining how things work. You don't know because the answer hasn't arrived yet...your husband's doctor needs to get you guys there.

Take care. Mainy.

shabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 8:08am
You are a wise Woman Mainy, Thanks. has your Sister passed away?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 10:36am
Both sisters have passed. One on Christmas '12, the other last June. It's a long and convoluted story, but I've learned to push for strong, smart treatment, just a standard protocol. All of us get so focused on one thing that we often turn a blind eye to other health issues at the same time. In one sis's instance she had undx'd Addisons which really made her journey so much worse. I'd like to thank you for the compliment but then again what little wisdom I actually had wasn't enough compared to what the hard journey has taught me.

Which West Bend are you from btw?

shabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 3:23pm
West Bend Wi.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic