Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TNBC spread to bones.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Janene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TNBC spread to bones.
    Posted: May 03 2010 at 12:52pm
Confused 
Hi everyone, my name is Janene. September 2008 I was dx with triple negative breast cancer on the right breast. I went through AC/Taxol for 8 treatments. This was followed by a radical mastectomy, then 35 radiation treatments. Last October, I was able to have reconstruction.  I thought I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.   Boy was I wrong. That light was actually the headlight of the next mack truck that was about to hit me.

I have just started back on chemo 2/2/2010. The cancer has spread to the ribs, neck, right lung and pelvis.  I had been on Xeloda/Exempra and one other that I have foregotten.  I became very ill from the Xeloda with nausea and vomiting sveral times a day ( even while on multiple anti-nausea meds.) which caused me to loose nearly 10 lbs in a 4 day period!  I have been off all chemo for 4 weeks and will resume tomorrow on Avastin and Taxotere.

If any of you have or are on this cocktail (Avastin and Taxotere) can you advise of the major sid effects?

I am so thankful to have found this site. Knowing there are others that understand and that I have a place to come and vent and share.

You are all in my prayers.  Thanks for being here.

Janene
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change"
zoomommy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 4:38pm
Janene, I had A/C x 4 treatments, then Taxol weekly x 7.  I was on an Avastin study the entire time.  I had no particular side effects attributed to Avastin.  I had A/C along with Avastin, then Taxol along with Avastin.  The Taxol/Avastin part was really easy.   I had minimal drops in my counts.  I couldn't finish the rest of the Taxol treatments due to emergency gall bladder surgery.  For me, the Taxol/Avastin was easy compared to the A/C and Avastin.

Lee in Colorado
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 5:54pm
Janene, welcome sweetie.   I'm so sorry about the mac truck.  Isn't that just the way it feels?   Feeling as sick as you did was probably not from the xeloda, but from the ixempra, an extremely toxic drug.  By all accounts, unless one takes it very low dose weekly, it is a bear.  I'm glad you are feeling better.   Taxotere and avastin should be better, though I'd suggest doing low dose weekly Taxol instead of Taxotere (given higher dose, once every three weeks).  It is more manageable this way and should be at least as effective, probably more so. 
Please keep us posted, and always feel free to say what's on your mind and in your heart.  We'll be there for you.
Love,
Denise
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 8:29am
Question about bone mets. Are these discovered through an x-ray or bone scan?

I'm not sure my mom is telling me everything just yet and am curious here.
Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 2:35pm
Anybody?
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 3:22pm
Bone scan, petCT, catscan, xray, maybe even MRI:  there are lots of ways to diagnose bone mets.  How visible they are on each imaging technology depends on how big they are, their location, and the particular features of their metabolism, mineralization, and outgrowth.   Symptoms are either nothing, pain, or fractures.   Why not just ask your mom what is going on? 
love,
Denise
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic