Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tnbc in a 77 year old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Margaret39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margaret39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tnbc in a 77 year old
    Posted: Feb 11 2017 at 5:14pm
I have researched tnbc and have had all the tests MRI Core Biopsy I am scheduled for Lumpectomy with senital node removals on Tuesday, February 14th.   The Breast Surgeon uses a Margin probe which I believe will help reoccurrence. in the breast.. Will they do Chemo plus radiation.   I am a happy Mother, Grandmother and Great Grandmother. However, I still have a zest for life.  
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2017 at 7:39pm
Margaret39: with the limited information in your post, I'm sure your doctors are trying to give you the best care. You should have more answers after your surgery. I don't know what a "margin-probe "is but I know the surgeons try to remove tissue around any cancer lump with a minimum of 1 centimeter, that is about 3/8 inch.

I'm sure you will have more answers from your doctors, as far as, chemotherapy and radiation,  if you don't feel you are getting informed, please talk to you doctor's nurse, express your anxiety and let us know how we can help...
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2017 at 8:24pm
Hi Margaret,

Congrats on being a great grandmother!  The Margin Probe is one of the newer technologies helping breast cancer surgery.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/revolutionary-israeli-device-can-eliminate-need-for-follow-up-breast-cancer-surgery/

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic