FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Coffee Shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 46474849>
Author
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 4:42pm
HugDear Denise,

Sending you a hug on your birthday.  I sure hope it has been a Special Day for you.

Party Happy Birthday Heart

Love,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Lee21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 7:34pm
Hi all,

Just got back from 2 weeks of vacation, of which a week was spent in Yellowstone.  Belated best wishes to Donna for a speedy recovery from surgery.

Yellowstone was awesome, wished I had more time hiking.  First few days was trying to catch all the sights (Old Faithful, Mammoth Hot Springs, and lots of geyers).  So much to do and see, so little time! Didn't bring hiking poles so on one of the hikes I was a little apprehensive (switchbacks up to the top of a smallish mountain).  On another hike, on the way back, during the last mile or so, we were caught in a hail storm but we brought rain gear so we didn't get too wet. We thought about the Mt Washburn hike but since it was a 1500 ft climb at 10,000 ft and my hemoglobin is still not normal, we decided to bypass it -- apparently the views are spectacular.  Lots of waterfalls -- saw one or more waterfalls every day.  We saw quite a bit of wildlife (lots of bison, elk, bighorn sheep, and one time we saw pronghorn and moose) but no wolves or bear.  We carried bear spray on all of our hikes and only one time was I really concerned but had no encounters.  Every day we picnicked in the park, often by a river. The locations couldn't be better.

Even though it was after Labor Day, the Park was still crowded at the main features and some of the hikes.  Even so, it was a good time to go, still warmish and mostly good weather (except for the hail).

I am very happy that I was able to do this trip, 7 months after my last chemo!!

Edited by Lee21 - Sep 16 2013 at 9:35am
12/9/11 @59,IDC,grade3, TNBC,3cm(MRI),SLNB0,stage IIA, BRCA1 variant
1/30/12 DD AC-T, 6/7/12 Lumpectomy, ypT1b(0.8 cm), 7/9/12 Rads x 30
11/9/12, clinical trial cisplatin/rucaparib, cisplatin-only arm
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 8:07pm
Happy Birthday Denise!  Hope you had a wonderful day celebrating "you".

Lee, what an awesome vacation!
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 7:54am

HI Donna,   Just learning you had surgery already...been busy with my Mom and her health.

Please do not push it...remember you have been through a lot yourself so take it easy and let nature take its course...get as much rest as you can...God Bless,   Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 7:58am

Denise, All the blessings on your birthday.   Love, Annie     
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
turtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 1:58pm
Lee,

So great to hear about your Yellowstone trip! It sounds beautiful...I went last year when I was out to visit my dad after his wife had passed away. I think we were there the last weekend they were open...I didn't get to do a lot of hiking around, but saw many of the sites, except for Grand Prismatic...guess that just means I'll have to go back!

Donna, sending you well wishes after your surgery...I had the BSO surgery last year, and am not happy about the weight I've gained since being put in permanent menopause, but we all know life after C is all about learning to live with the new "normal"

Happy Monday to everybody else!

DX IDC TNBC 1/15/12 @ 46; MRI 2.4cm gr3 BRCA2+ 6174delT; LMX 1/31/12 2.5cm, pT2pNO(i)pMX, lymphovascular invasion present; 2/20/12 TAC X 6; 7/2/12 Rad X 25; 9/27/2012 2nd mastectomy & BSO surgery
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 12:07pm
This past weekend I was shopping at an outlet mall and ended up in Ann Taylor.  With being Pink October when I went to check out they asked me about a promotion.  If you spend over $100 they ask you if you want to "donate" $25 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation where over 90% goes towards research.  (I knew about this great organization as we donated my son's older car to them).  In return, Ann Taylor gives you a card for 25% off for the next month for the current purchase and any additional purchases over $100.  So basically they are giving you an additional discount for donating $25 and you get the tax donation!  How cool is that?  It's a win/win situation.  

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

snickers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snickers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 12:47pm
Lee
I LOVE Yellowstone! It is my husbands and my favorite place to vacation. We even got married at Canyon Campground.  I am glad you got to see lots of wildlife. When we were there is 2011, we saw a bear who ran across the road in front of us while we were in the parking lot (out of the car). It was pretty scary seeing one come within 75 feet of you. Wolves...you have to get up pretty early in the morning and go "wolf watching" in LaMar Valley. We do this every time we go and getting there at 5AM pays dividends as you always get to see a wolf.

Donna
I hope all is going well with you! Stay tough!

lots of love
Snickers
DX 10/31/11
6/13 lung/liver mets
9/13 NED lungs,liver met part.rem
5/4/13 NED lungs&liver
11/5/13 NED lungs..liver mets back
LOTS LVR METS had y90 liver trtmt mets contrld
1/3/14 num brain mets
btstark2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btstark2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 10:24am
Dear Friends,

I received a lovely letter from Anne's husband Tony.  YOu will be happy to know that he is staying strong.  And he definitely wanted be to share Anne's obituary with all of you here.  He and their English major daughter wrote it, and Anne has requested that the poem "Invictus" be included.  Tony has a beautiful soul, just like Anne.  He asked me to keep in touch and expressed continued support for me with my cancer issues from his family.

Here is a link to the obituary, which is such a positive affirmation of Anne's life.

http://www.westviewfuneralchapel.com/pages/obituaries/details.php?p=1491

I don't think I was able to make the link hot, but you can cut and paste it.  Or Google "Anne Orfanides obituary".

Love,
Beth

2008 Stg1 TNBC, LX, FEC+T, rads
2010 2.5cm tumor BRCA-, BMX,CMF
2011 LN mets, Gem/Carbo, surgery, rads
2012 lung mets, PI3Ki/taxo
2013 anti-PD-1
2014/15 Xeloda, IMMU-132, eribulin
Aug 2015 Keytruda
snickers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snickers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 11:24am
It just breaks my heart to hear of another "sister" passing away from breast cancer. I am getting to the point that I HATE the color pink and am so sick of all the advertisements on TV, stores, etc., that sell everything in pink. Where the hell is all this money going to? It sure isn't going to the stage iv folks!!!! I try and control my hatred (I know that is such a strong word)...how about intense dislike??? for pink. So many Americans (and me included prior to bc), thought that we had won the battle against stage iv bc and not many women were dying from this horrible disease. Damn was I wrong. We need more research for TNBC so WE can take a pill each morning to help fight this beast! It is very frustrating that oncologists do not even know which chemo works the best for us!!! It is all a crap shoot. I wonder if I had taken carbo in the very beginning of my cancer journey vs AC+T if I would not have got mets....I respond so well to carbo as many TNBC patients do. WHY is that information not disseminated to the oncs? Why are they still using AC+T and all the other chemos that have been successful for the ER/PR+ women on us?
I am sorry I am ranting....I am just so ^%$#@!!! pissed that Anne, another beautiful and courageous woman, has passed away. I find myself not posting here as much as I am trying to LIVE and not wallow in self-pity. I have put my cancer into a closet in a box in the farthest corner and try to leave it there as pulling the box out and opening the lid makes me want to CRY!!!! I love all of you courageous and spunky women and understand that we all must fight this battle with the weapons we chose and there is no incorrect weapon.
Lots and lots of cyber hugs and puppy dog kisses! Norm, Smitty, Taurus and Snickers send lots of licks to everyone!!
Snickers
DX 10/31/11
6/13 lung/liver mets
9/13 NED lungs,liver met part.rem
5/4/13 NED lungs&liver
11/5/13 NED lungs..liver mets back
LOTS LVR METS had y90 liver trtmt mets contrld
1/3/14 num brain mets
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 3:52pm
Snickers,

I agree with 100% of what you posted.  With all the pink crap, not that much actually goes to research, especially TNBC.  When I see the faces of all our sisters that have passed, I get so pissed.  It's like everyone has become blinded and fooled by the pink and don't realize the monies not going to research.  I heard a statistic once the SGK spends around 15% of donated money on research.  Of the research money, only about 5% is for metastatic bc research.  So if you do the math, that is less than 1% for metastatic bc research.  How in the hell are we going to find a cure?  So sorry for my rant, I just get so disgusted when I know where the money "doesn't" go for a cure.

Donna

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 4:13pm
100% of the proceeds goes towards Metastatic Breast Cancer Research.  Please click on this link to check out this organization.

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 1:23pm
Dear Donna,
In browsing the site I see that tomorrow is your birthday!

Heart Dear Friend,

I'm a day early, but I hope your Birthday is a Great Day for you!!!  I am wishing you many, many, many more birthdays..... Celebrate PartyBeer

""Happy Birthday Donna""

Love,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 2:52pm

Dear Donna,   I am going to be early too, because I do not want to miss wishing a Very Happy Birthday to someone who does so much for this site. We appreciate all of your posts. You have helped all of us become so much more educated about this disease and we appreciate it so very much.

God Bless You Donna, We Love You...Annie

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 8:52pm
Lillie and Annie,

Thank you so much!  I had a wonderful birthday week.  We went away for a few days and had some great family time.  We took family pictures at a park, shopped, ate out and had a relaxing 4 days.  

Donna 

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 12:23pm
Enjoy friends!  A photographer, a little girl and an old man talks about finding the beauty in each day.

TNinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 10:45am
This was posted yesterday on FB by a dear friend of ours that we met at the Cancer Support Community. It included a picture of her with her arms outstretched during a snowstorm and she was joyfully holding her mouth open to catch snowflakes on her tongue. She has metastatic breast cancer, but not TN. Even though I'm certain she wouldn't mind, I changed the names to initials to protect her privacy. She is a courageous and inspirational young lady and I wanted to share her beautiful words with everyone.

"Since we might be getting snow again this week, I thought of this picture and how it shows how much I love snow AND life! This photo is actually several years old (2010, I think). I used to be able to tell what year a photo was from based on how long my hair was (since it was growing in after chemo). Haha! However, since I'm currently bald for about the 4th time, I can't always tell when a photo was taken anymore. Oh well! Hahaha! I've also finally lost count of all the chemotherapy drugs I've had because I've had so many (but truthfully, I'm extremely grateful for all of these treatments and that I'm still NOT out of options yet! Yay!) I also posted this pic because I'm coming up on my 7th(!) cancerversary this Sunday 2/16/14 (almost 5 of those years living with Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer ~ much longer than the 2 years we thought I had! Woohoo!), I wanted to put up a picture that shows how I try to live my life every day. My sweet mother-in-law, M, took this picture out of the window in her kitchen. I didn't even know she had her camera out. I was just experiencing pure JOY looking up into the snow falling down and trying to catch it on my tongue. That's how I try to live ~ even on my most difficult days, I still try to find JOY in every day, even if it might seem like something insignificant to others. Thank you, as always, to all of you, my family and friends, for continuing to stand by J and I, for helping us out and giving us support, and for continuing to love J and I (and our families as well since this affects all of them too!)! Even though we may not post updates as often as we used to, please don't worry! That usually just means I'm sleeping a lot and trying to feel better the week after chemo or that J is busy with work and/or his volunteer work (he amazes me!) or that we're both "out living it!" We're probably out looking for JOY and finding that we already had it in the first place. I hope you all have a happy Valentine's Day ~ a day that I believe is all about any kind of LOVE ~ it doesn't have to be the romantic kind. I just hope that each of you have love in your lives, in whatever form that comes ~ a spouse, a girlfriend or boyfriend, parents, siblings, close friends that are like family, a sweet and loyal pet, or a combination of all of these things! I'm truly grateful for all the LOVE I have in my own life! My cup overfloweth with so much LOVE and JOY! Love, hugs, laughter, and joy!"
Wife age 53@dx TN IDC Stage IIA 7/10; BRCA1&2 Neg; BROCA Neg; LN Neg; taxol+cisplatin+/-RAD001x12(clinical trial); lumpectomy 12/10;ACx4; 33 Rads complete 4/11; NED 5/5/11
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 11:37am
Thanks TNinTN for posting such a beautiful piece. What an incredible reminder to all of us that life is in the precious moments we have - each and every day - and the moments add up to a life well lived - no matter how long we live. 

I try and not take my time on earth for granted anymore; that is what having cancer has taught me. Every day is a good day, so long as my feet hit the ground and I am up and about. 

I hope this gal has many many more moments enjoying the snow!

Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 11:49am
Martin,

Thank you so much for sharing her inspirational post.  She truly finds the Beauty in each day. 

Donna

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 6:56pm
A brave breast cancer survivor (caution - real pictures - hope no one finds this offensive)

Edited by 123Donna - Feb 12 2014 at 8:52pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 46474849>
  Share Topic