FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Coffee Shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849>
Author
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:03pm
Dear Donna,

Praise the Lord for your good 3 month check-up.  I am so happy for you. 

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 9:14pm
I've been a fan of blogger Nancy's Point for some time.

Metastatic Breast Cancer

Iíve wanted to add this page to my site for quite some time. I donít know why it took me so longÖ

When you hear the words you have cancer, you think youíve heard the worst, but of course you havenít. Hearing you are stage IV is far worse. Hearing you will be in treatment for the rest of your life is far worse. Living with uncertainty on a whole different level is far worse.

Even talking about mets is hard. This doesnít mean we shouldnít talk about it. Itís even more important to talk about the hard stuff.

I lost my mother to mets in 2008. I lost my friend Rachel in 2012. Iíve lost others as well. Perhaps youíve lost a loved one too. Perhaps you are living with mets yourself.

Living with mets is hard. Finding support and resources shouldnít be. This page is my effort to help raise awareness for those interested in learning more about it. Itís a work in progress and I welcome suggestions, links, comments and whatever else anyone can come up with to add. I would love to hear from you about what you think might be helpful, especially if you are living with mets.

Statistics say that today there are about 150,000 people living with metastatic breast cancer. Statistics also say 40,000 people die of metastatic breast cancer each year. This number hasnít fluctuated much of late despite the pink hoopla which seems to contradict this fact. We canít quietly sweep these numbers away. We canít neatly package them in pink.

Facts donít lie. Get the facts about mets at METAvivor.org or mbcn.org.

What else can you and I do?

• Listen to the voices of those living with mets; their stories matter and need to be heard.
  • Read blogs written by those living with mets. Iíve included some links below.
  • Specify that your donation dollars go to mets research. Tell those who will listen that 30 percent for 30 percent is entirely reasonable and completely necessary.
  • Speak up when you hear someone say, ďNo one dies of breast cancer anymore.Ē
  • Donít stay away from someone living with mets because youíre unsure about what to say or do. Just being there and listening will always be enough.

Loneliness and a sense of isolation are very real for those living with mets. No one can completely change this.

However, itís unacceptable to me whenever I hear someone living with mets say she/he feels as if sheís/heís been left standing in the shadows or on the sidelines, abandoned, not listened to, at fault for having mets, or worse, invisible Ė even erased.

This can change. This must change.

Join me, along with so many others, in bringing mets awareness and the need for more mets-focused research to the forefront.

Be a #fearless advocate. Be a #fearless friend.

A few resources are:

METAvivor.org

Metastatic Breast Cancer Network

Breast Cancer Consortium

Living Beyond Breast Cancer

#BCSM 

The IBC Network Foundation

http://nancyspoint.com/mets/

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 11:42am
Hi Friends,

I have been crazy busy at work and home for several months and have not kept up posting as well as I would like. I try to take the time to read updates but not necessarily respond. Today I have a true day off with my kids and have been sitting here catching up with reading updates.

It seems like today is a hard day...or a few hard weeks. It seems like we have several ladies here and in another group dealing with difficult times and a local young gal entering hospice.

I was sitting here staring out the window trying to find the words, which are never adequate, to reply to a post. As I was looking, a beautiful Red Spot Butterfly flew up and landed in the tree just outside the window. It didn't just flit away, but stayed there turning around, opening and closing its wings, and sat with its wings open towards me, showing all of the beautiful markings. Then, just about two feet away, a small yellow butterfly flew up, landed,and also stayed! They both just sat there for several minutes!

This IS the beauty in each day, and I am taking it as my own sign of hope.

Hugs and happy Friday!
Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 1:06pm
Juanita sent me this link about Daisy, the pup who believed.  Please watch it (and have a kleenex handy).

Remember - we have to believe, stay strong and never give up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFPnwpkGioc
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 12:18pm
Hi all!  Hope your Friday is going well.  I'm off today so doing lots of work around the house.  Where did all this dust and laundry come from?  I wanted to share something with my friends that made me so happy.  Kim's husband (Pink Warrior) shared a picture of the kids' first day of school.  Their daughter is entering first grade and her son is a senior.  They are growing so fast and look great.  I just know Kim would be so proud.  I think of all my sisters fighting this battle, who've lost their battle and recovering from their battle.  Hugs!

Donna

TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 12:33pm
Hi Donna,

Its good to hear that Kim's family is doing well since her passing. Thanks for sharing this. I wish the best for them :)

Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 1:02pm

Hi Donna,   That is so nice!   Thank You for letting us know. It is bittersweet but you are right Kim would be very proud...take care and yes, where does the dust come from...take it easy...Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
arabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by 123Donna 123Donna wrote:

Juanita sent me this link about Daisy, the pup who believed.  Please watch it (and have a kleenex handy).

Remember - we have to believe, stay strong and never give up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFPnwpkGioc

Oh, Donna.....I just saw this.....OMG.....you must've meant to say,  "have a BOX of kleenex handy"..Wink

Thank you so much for posting!  My heart needed to see this.  That Daisy.....what can I say???....BELIEVE for sure.....and blessings to her angel, Jolene.......

Kaye <3
Dx TNBC 1/2013; age 63; 1.1 cm; Stage 1, Grade 1(?); lumpectomy clear margins; ALND -; severe SEs to first TC and treatment stopped; radsX25; BRCA -
Recur 6/2015 Mastectomy
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 9:11pm

Dear Donna,

If you are fighting dust and laundry today it must mean you got a good report on your colonoscopy?  Thanks for sharing about Kim's children and husband.  We like to know that life is going forward for them, in a positive way.

I got a "Benign" diagnoses on my mammogram.  I had to wait from Monday until Thursday night when I went to the mailbox to find a letter from the imaging center.  Thank God.  I have my follow-up exam with my oncologist on Tuesday.  Hopefully that will be just a "piece of cake (chocolate, please)".....

Here's wishing everyone a Great Week-end.

God Bless,
Lillie

Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 11:40pm
Lillie,

Congrats on all benign!

I got a call from the colon surgeon today and the colonoscopy was all clear! Yeah! Now on to the hysterectomy in a few weeks. This too shall pass. Life is good.

Donna

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 3:15pm
Dear Donna,

Is the hysterectomy a recent decision?   As you say, this too shall pass in a month of two.  LIFE IS GOOD.

Love ya!
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 7:37pm

Donna,

You had posted on August 16 "Now on to the hysterectomy in a few weeks."
Wanted to leave some caring thoughts and good wishes regarding your surgery here at the
Coffee Shop for the next time you stop by.

With lots of good wishes and healing thoughts,
Grateful for today......Judy
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 12:08pm
Judy,

Thanks for the well wishes.  I had the surgery last Thursday and feeling better each day.  I'm only taking Ibuprofen now, so done with the nasty side effects (constipation) from the anesthesia and pain meds.  My energy level is pretty low and trying to get as much rest as I can.  When I over do it, my body lets me know.

Hugs,
Donna

sabinecalifornia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabinecalifornia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:39pm
Hello Donna,

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Sabine
DX TNBC 7/11 @ age 50, Stage 2A Grade 3, 1/19, LE/AD 8/11, BRCA1/2 neg.,
4 A/C, 10 Taxol, 2 Abraxane due to allerg. react. to Taxol, fin 3/12. 33 Rads 6/12. NED CT 8/12, 10/13, 10/14
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 8:32pm
Hi, Donna!  I'm so glad you're on the mend!
love you,
d

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
arabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 10:18pm
Wishing you the best, Donna....take it easy.
Kaye
Dx TNBC 1/2013; age 63; 1.1 cm; Stage 1, Grade 1(?); lumpectomy clear margins; ALND -; severe SEs to first TC and treatment stopped; radsX25; BRCA -
Recur 6/2015 Mastectomy
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 9:02am

Dear Donna,

I am so glad your surgery is 'past tense'....  Take care and we love you.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 11:55am
Just wanted to stop by and tell everyone I'm healing nicely from the surgery, even though I'm a little impatient to get back to normal.

I saw this post and wanted to share it with you all.  Remember how we've talked about dumb things people say to us?  This blog perfectly captures the essence of what it feels to have a mastectomy, IMHO.

Me and My Foobs: What It's Really Like Post-Mastectomy

Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 12:50pm
Stopping by to leave some messages.

Donna,

Great to hear you are healing nicely from the surgery - even though a little impatient to get back to
   normal.
I always find it interesting.......one can be so understanding and patient and realize things take time
   with others.
Yet when it involves me.......I want it done yesterday!
Take care.

Grateful for today..........Judy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denise/dmwolf,

Noticed on the Forum Home page that today is your birthday.

May all the best of good Birthday Wishes be yours today and always.

Thank you for all the support, information and perspectives you give us members on the forums.

For those who may have missed the local newspaper article on Denise
(It was posted on this forum back on May 3, 2013 p.45 by Donna)...........
here's the link:
http://www.independentnews.com/community/article_d63c41fa-b355-11e2-a3b1-001a4bcf887a.html

The article quoted you: "Cancer is a force to enlightenment, in a way. It breaks down barriers, its puts
time in a different perspective and it forces you to live like you mean it.Ē
You are a force OF enlightment and you do live like you mean it.
Thank you for sharing your wise words.

Denise, hope your day is special.    Happy Birthday!

With caring and positive thoughts,
Grateful for today............Judy

Edited by Grateful for today - Sep 15 2013 at 2:16pm
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 2:13pm
Great article Donna.

And an edit to add...happy birthday Denise.

Edited by kirby - Sep 15 2013 at 2:14pm
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849>
  Share Topic