FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terry Lewis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terry Lewis
    Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 6:28pm

Terry Lewis 4 Year Fight with Triple Negative Breast Cancer

"I am a survivor, its in my blood, so I know I will survive for many, many years to come!" - Terry Lewis, 2010

Terry Lewis

I have just learned that a TNBC sister from my online support group has passed recently on December 20, 2013 at the age of 53. Terry battled Triple Negative Breast Cancer for 4 years with her original diagnosis in December 2009 with a 12.5cm lump, Stage 3C with 25 positive lymph nodes.

Terry originally finished treatment in September 2010, had left mastectomy, 6 months of chemo, 35 radiation treatments and was receiving Avastin and Zometa. Clean scans in November 2011 but 6 months post treatment, March 2011, Terry learned that her cancer has returned to her remaining breast and skin and started chemo again, Taxotere and Xeloda that turned out to be ineffective.  A new treatment of Gemzar and Carboplatin with a clinical trial on Iniparib was started in July 2011. March 2012,  Terry's cancer has spread more in the right beast and had undergone mastectomy. November 2012, Terry started the BEACON Study with a randomized study drug, Nektar-102.
The last I've read this pass October 2013, Terry was to start hyperthermia treatment that uses heat to kill cancer cells. 
Good-bye my sister, you fought a long and courageous battle.Broken Heart

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/courierpostonline/obituary.aspx?pid=168662163

Edited by Melissa P. - Mar 20 2014 at 6:30pm
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic