FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Team Donna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 82>
Author
thenewme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenewme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2010 at 3:28pm
B9! B9! B9!   Gah- the biopsy sounds just....umm....well, let's just say thank goodness for Fentanyl!!! It'll be worth the discomfort when you get the B9 results!   Hopefully they'll call before Thursday afternoon with the good results, but in case they don't - we'll be here chanting for you :-D
DX: IDC/TNBC 11/08 5-cm Stage IIb Grade 3. Age 39. Double Mast 12/08 (prophy right) with tissue expanders . ACx4-Tx3. Suspicious IM node. 25 Rads. BRCA NEG.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 4:57pm
Donna, how are you doing?    I'm thinking of you.  What time is your appointment tomorrow?
love,
d
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 6:31pm
Hang in there, Donna, you've done great with all that you've had on your shoulders.  My thoughts will be with you tomorrow for all good news.

Linda
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 7:52pm
Thanks everyone.  It's been a rough road.  I had the PET scan Oct 20th and now it's almost a month later. . .  I'm trying to remain positive, but have to tell you I'm expecting the worst.  I know my onc said she wouldn't tell me anything over the phone and wanted to see me.  However, when I didn't hear anything today or yesterday my mind is telling me it's only bad news.  Why else wouldn't they call and say it's not C?  My appt isn't until 4 pm and she squeezed this appt in so I bet I won't get in until closer to 5pm.  Tomorrow will be rough at work but it will keep me busy.  My hubby is going to pick me up and drive me to the appointment.  

On top of all of this I'm still having mom issues.  Since my dx, I've been dealing with a mom who has dementia/early onset-mild Alzheimer's.  It went really bad last December and I had to file for guardianship.  Well things were getting better and last month we moved her into an independent apt living facility associated with a nursing home where she'd get her meals and be safe.  She seemed to turn around and was almost herself again.  Today it all went south again with her accusing me of paying off the doctors, etc.  I think I'm going to let my hubby deal with this mess.  I can't handle it right now.

Hugs to you all.  I'll let you know the results when I get them.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 8:17pm
Donna:
I am so sorry your mom is sliding back with her dementia Unhappy I am sure you are out of your mind with concern for her and yourself...Life just keeps on giving no matter if we are ready or not...but just focus on your appointment tomorrow and go from there.  Remember, your mom is not responsible for what she is saying right now and you do know the difference.  She would be mortified to know what she has done to hurt you if she were in her right mind.  She does love you, but she is probably scared too not knowing what is happening to her.  I know it doesn't sound like something to let go of but this disease is awful too, almost as bad as our TN status...but at least she will be ok, it is the loved ones who get hurt the most from that disease. 

My two good friends went through this with their parents and it was dreadful, but they did get through it and in the end, they remember the funny stuff because the hateful things that were said, didn't really matter anymore and you will come to that point too.  It is just bad timing...
Yes, get your DH to deal with this for the moment.   

I will be thinking about you at 5pm your time and I know the angels will be surrounding you and keeping you close to their hearts. 
Feel the HUGS I am sending you too....HugHugHugHug
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
TracyAMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyAMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 10:29pm
Donna, Helen is so right about life keeps on giving...I am not a very religious person but I admired someone who said to me that God does not give you more than you can handle.

That is great if your husband can help with your mom for now. I will be out late Thurs afternoon but will be thinking about you at 4p.m. Thurs. and will check in when i get back. Stay strong! We are here for you.

Tracy in Toronto

TN&non-TN tumors April/10 Gr3&2;1 metaplastic
Rmast.1/9 nodes w/isolated t.cells
Taxotere&Cytoxan x6
Bone cancer 1980 age17;surgery&chemo AC+Methotrexate
BRCA-ve
On hormone therapy & Metformin Trial
Ashlyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashlyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 5:02am
Prayers your way, Donna.  You have been such a rock for so many of here and it's comforting to see all the support you're now getting in return.  I too pray for the best outcome for you.

All the best

Ashlyn
32y-o, married, one 5y-o girl. Dx 13/5/10. TNBC, stage 2A, sentinel node biopsy 2 nodes+. Neoadjuvant chemo 5 x EC. Bilat mast & axil dissec on left, Oct 10. 0/13 nodes. No evidence of disease.
bondande View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bondande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 8:26am
My prayers are with you as well ,Donna.  We are all on pins and needles along with you and hope only for the best.    HUGS,  Bonnie
age55,Stg2a,Gr3,3.8cm tumor,mod.rad.mast.lft brst3/4/09,4ac,4taxol,33 rads.done11/2/09.BRCA1+oophorectomy1/5/2010,mast.rt brst 2/18/10,NED,bonescan 8/16/10,NED,catscan11/29/10NED catscan 3/17/11 NED
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 8:47am
Off to work, but I want you to know that I am thinking of you, and hoping this turns out to be a very good day for you, with all good news.  We are ALL with you at the doctor's visit, Donna, if only in spirit.

Hugs,
Linda
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 9:14am
Donna, thinking about you today and praying for you! Hugs and more hugs!
Diag 11/06/09 @ 40; Diag w/ TNBC Stage IIA, Grade 3 12/01/09 Node Neg. Dble MX with Recon 12/09 (twice)
Chemo 1/13/10 Chemo done 4/22/10 More recon surg 07/10, PET/CT Scan clear 07/10 NED 07/11
Pink Warrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pink Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 10:05am
My thoughts and prayers are with you today, Donna.  xoxo
Dx:10/09,IDC Stg 2,Gr 3,TN
BRCA 1&2 -
Partial DD EC/AC
Local recur 11/10
BMX 12/10 Right proph
TC x 4 Rads x 33
9/11 Skin mets, mediastinal & hilar nodes
Abraxane/Avastin
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 10:13am
Donna, sweetie.  Hugs to you.  Not getting a call yesterday does not mean it is bad news.  These bozos are very busy, which makes them less than thoughtful. 

As for mom's with dementia: I hear you.  Mine has been showing signs for quite a while but we are all in denial because nobody wants to deal with it.   Rough stuff.

Love you,
Denise
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 10:28am
Donna,
I am so sorry about your mom. "When it rains it pours."

I wanted to tell you neither my surgeon or oncologist give news on the phone (good or bad). It seems to be the way they operate and I have had to respect that. I have received some really good news in the past only after anguishing for days....... The good thing is I get to ask a lot of questions that may be on my mind.

God Bless today...
Love Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 10:55am
Mine either, they make me come in.  Sometimes I wish they would just tell us on the phone and end our suspense!

Diag 11/06/09 @ 40; Diag w/ TNBC Stage IIA, Grade 3 12/01/09 Node Neg. Dble MX with Recon 12/09 (twice)
Chemo 1/13/10 Chemo done 4/22/10 More recon surg 07/10, PET/CT Scan clear 07/10 NED 07/11
Tonya98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonya98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 11:29am
Donna,

Praying for good news for you.  Hang in there.

Tonya
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 11:53am
Praying for you!
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 12:57pm
Dear Donna, I hope the incident with your mom will resolve quickly. 

I worry about my parents a lot also.  That is the hard part about getting our cancer as younger women.  I actually feel worse about my parents most of the time because of my health issues than I do about having the cancer. 

Sending hope-filled, caring prayers your way this afternoon.  SueHug
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
Candlelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candlelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 1:45pm

Good luck Donna:

I know how hard the waiting game is when I had to wait for my mom's test results.  I hope everything goes positive for you.  It is so hard when you have other issues going on as well.  Good luck to you!!!

zoomommy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 1:49pm
Donna,
I went through the Alzheimer's routine with my MIL.  It isn't pretty, but thankfully, your husband can help out.  Try not to take anything she says or does personally because she probably won't remember it the next time you see her.  Praying today for you and your appointment.  I think it's likely the other way around.  If it was bad news the doc wouldn't wait so long to tell you.
Lee in Denver
dx6/09,stageII,gr3,(L)mastectomy 7/09,ACx4,Taxolx7,Avastin study,gall bladder surgery 1/10,4/11 Stage 4, mets to lung, 4/11 Started Taxotere and Xeloda, 5/11 Taxotere stopped, off Xeloda
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 2:04pm
Donna, whatever this turns out to be, just remember that the community will help relieve the stress of the understanding...we'll research, ask our own doctors and look around the internet to help you get the best information possible. Please feel free to give your doc's office a little talking to about keeping you waiting so long.

As for the mom journey, you know my feelings and I am also a sincere believer that stress is a more powerful fuel to open the door for recurrence than anything else. If you husband can step in to help out (what a nice guy!) or one of the attorneys to give you a break, it will go a long way. You know what you have to do....and if you get some spare time to watch the movie "Hanging up" it is hillariously funny and so profound for those of us battling with parents' with Alzheimer's.

dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 82>
  Share Topic