Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taxol vs taxotere

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luvs2run27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvs2run27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taxol vs taxotere
    Posted: Jun 01 2017 at 11:34am
My dr wants me to do taxotere after my next and final round of AC, but I'm now reading that taxotere can cause permanent hair loss...anyone discuss taxol vs taxotere with their dr?  I feel that even a 6% risk of permanent hair loss is too much...starting to freak out here....
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2017 at 10:35pm
Paclitaxel = Taxol
Docetaxel = Taxotere

Benefits of Weekly Taxol in TNBC

Sequential doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide followed by weekly paclitaxel is a reasonable adjuvant treatment option for triple-negative breast cancer, according to 12-year follow-up of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group's E1199 phase III trial evaluating optimal taxane type and scheduling in operable breast cancer. . .

. . .“[The data] support current practice for the use of a dose-dense schedule -- weekly Taxol in this study -- for improving outcomes, particularly for patients with triple-negative breast cancer, and the findings should be considered when selecting adjuvant therapy in this setting,” 

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic