Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stopping treatment early?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KML View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KML Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stopping treatment early?
    Posted: Jul 28 2018 at 3:04pm
I was diagnosed in April 2018 with stage 2b tnbc. I finished 12 rounds of taxol/carboplatin and 1 a/c. A/C was ridiculously hard. That was two weeks ago and I just had a blood transfusion yesterday. Very anemic. I am just sitting here thinking how much can my body take? Trying to keep positive , but really wondering if all I have done is enough already. Do they ever stop treatment early? Has anyone not tolerated a/c and they just cancel the rest and move on to surgery?

Edited by KML - Jul 28 2018 at 3:14pm
Bfriend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2018 at 11:07pm
Hang in!!!!!!!!! I am supporting a friend with TNBC- but I received Taxol/carbo for ovarian cancer in 2006. My chemo was every three weeks and around session 5, i had to get a blood transfusion too. They had me doing blood tests weekly-even on non-chemo weeks and all of a sudden, a nurse called me at home and said I needed to get to the hospital ASAP for a blood transfusion- and not to panic, BUT they considered it life threatening. The crazy thing was I was actually feeling pretty good that day and had just sent my mom on a well-deserved weekend "OFF" from me!  Hey, it's 2018 and I made it thru stage 3c ovarian- just like you are going to make it thru this little bump in the road! See if there is a dietitian you can email or call about helping you pump  up much needed nutrients right now. If possible- stay home and stay away from the public. The last thing you need is even a simple summer cold right now. Don't hesitate to call your church or even a local church and ask for dinner delivery if you need to get meals for your family. I was lucky that I was single and I stayed home the entire nine months. Your body needs rest and some peace right now- I am serious let everything else go right now- you can fix it later. I would call social security and see if you can go on disability while you fighting TNBC. That is why we have it! Try and keep stress to a minimum. You will be in my prayers tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic