FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 312313314315316 327>
Author
Jojocat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:51pm
Hi Lillie:
     I am happy for you, but what you have done is invaluable! Your braveness, strength, and kindness has inspired me a lot.
      Joanie
DX 10/24/2013 Between stage 2b and 3a. 2 big nods 1.8cm a d 1.4 cm. tumor 4.5 cm.   35 years old. 11/15/2013. AC/T
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 10:27am
Dear precious Lillie,
What a joy it is to know that our Heavenly Father is watching over you and supplying your needs! I know that you have been and will continue to be a blessing to all those at the clinic.

I am so thankful that this opportunity has come to you. May God continue to use you and bless you.

Love & hugs,
Genie
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 10:38am
Kitt,

It is very understandable that you are experiencing some low times now. We all have our moments when it is difficult to have a positive attitude, especially when you are going through chemo. Just know that Jesus loves you and wants only the best for you.

This is one of the Bible verses that I go to when I am feeling down:
"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day.
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you." Psalm 91:1, 4-7

This is another that brings me comfort and strength:
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

God bless you,
Genie
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 3:41pm

Dear Lillie,   Wonderful, as you know and I wish I could remember the Psalm...either 31 or 37 where the Lord says He will never see his faithful ones begging bread...(since you mentioned bread) I thought it fit in! lol

Lillie I am so happy at how the Lord has blessed you this way.

You take good care of yourself. We love You...Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
indy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2014 at 1:02am
Hi Lillie, 
I am very sorry for your loss.  Thank God we have our faith to sustain us,
Please take care, Regards, Joan
Diagnosed 9/2011 at 58 TNBC node neg lumpectomy chemo X4 AC chemo X12 Tax, rad 30 treatment starting 11/14 all genetic tests negative
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 2:17pm
Dear Kitt,
I am so sorry you are in that valley that a lot of us experience when going through chemo. Once when I stated that I felt I had "lost" my faith a friend shared this poem with me.

Footprints in the Sand
One night I had a dream
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to me and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along th path of my life there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me and I question the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I need you most you would leave me."
The Lord replied.
"MY precious child, I love you and would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I CARRIED YOU."

I believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior, so focusing on the words in this poem made me aware that He is always with us, if we believe.
I recently experienced the death of my husband after 53 years of marriage. I can honestly tell you that Jesus never leaves or forsakes us. He Loves us with an everlasting love. We weren't promised a perfect life, but what a Wonderful Knowledge to know that He is right there with us, during our darkest moments.

Bless you Kitt and let us know how you are doing.

Love and God Bless,
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2014 at 9:39pm
I need some help!!

I was scheduled for my yearly mammogram in August, the week after Donald died. I rescheduled for October 8th. This week, on October 8th, I called and rescheduled for November 4th. I'm afraid I have entered an avoidance situation; or at least that is how it feels to me. I also need to say that I have exited the NUMB stage of grief and entered one that keeps me in tears, a lot. Can someone offer some real life experience to help me through this painful stage of grief I am in.
God is Good and I am having prayers answered everyday. What do people do in a time like this if they have no HOPE?

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2014 at 12:11am
Dear Lillie,
Though I am not sure I have gone through what you are facing now, I want you to know that I am here for you with prayers for hope, comfort and soothing moments to ease your pain. I think it is better to cry than not if it helps get through this stage you are experiencing now. Sometimes I would try to focus on inspiring scripture passages or pleasant memories when those hopeless moments have persisted. Know that others will be here soon for you too.

Love and Peace,
Sue

Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2014 at 5:22pm
Lillie our dearest sweetheart.

You have lost your life partner    your best friend, the father of your children.
There a different stages of grieving,
And you allowed to feel the way you are now,I always say that it gets harder before it becomes easier... cry when you need to.... did your husband always accompany you to your appointments? Perhaps it's his presence and support that's missing and the reason for your postponements.
Please look after you. .. and well done fir reaching out... YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Mom Dx 9/12
Stage 1c No Nodes involved.
Lump clear margins 10/12. Started 6 months of cmf chemo 11/12. Ended 4/13. RADS 28 tx 7 boosts ended 7/13. 02/14 Scans NED. 10/14 Scans NED. 6/15 Scans NED.

TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2014 at 8:22pm
Dear Lillie!
I am so sorry to hear about your dear husband, Donald.  I can't imagine that I didn't know at the time of his illness and your struggles.  I pray that our Lord Jesus has been holding you in the Palm of His Hand through every step you have been taking and that He is comforting you and your family in every way.  It is difficult to hear about another loss of our family members, but it is our FAITH in Jesus that allows us to go through the grieving process and know that one day we will all be together again! God bless and keep you dear Lillie!  You surely are the chosen one! Love always, prayers always, Helen in Nova Scotia
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2014 at 8:34pm
Dear Lillie,

You have my heartfelt condolences.

Please call me...I just sent you a PM with my phone number. I thought I had your number but I got a new phone recently and your number is not there.

I will try my best to help you through these awful days.

love,

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
positive_attitude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote positive_attitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2014 at 10:06pm
Dear Lillie,

I am sorry to hear your story. My father passed away a few weeks after my diagnosis of TNBC this May. It was extremely difficult for me because I was still in shock and fear of my diagnosis and then received this sad news. Although my father was 80 year old when he passed away, he was in good health. No one expected that to happen. I was so sad that I could not even cry until recently. Now it has been more than 3 months since my father's passing, I am feeling better and so is my mother. We talk to friends and family members when we are overwhelmed by sadness. That seemed to have helped. I also started to write about my father so that my children can read about him when they grow up.

Hold tight to God's hand and he will lead you through this.

Love,

Rebecca

Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 5:41pm

My Dear Lillie,   Sweetest Lady I know that you know this but due to the grief and sadness you have forgotten for a moment that you INDEED have Hope and you will ALWAYS have Hope. His name is Jesus the Christ and you KNOW Him well!!!

Sometimes it is hard to see Him in the difficulties we endure. The darkness, the sadness, the hurt, the despair and the unknown all cloud our mind and our thinking. Day turns into night but as often as you find yourself in this try and turn your eyes towards Jesus, look full in His wonderful Face and the things of earth shall grown dim in the light of His Glorious Face (sorry do not have the exact words of the song)

Lillie, I turned to the Cross, I held the Cross, especially at night and I gained my strength through the passion and death of Our Dear Savior.

Think about how Jesus felt when he was abandoned by those apostles all but one, how he must of felt when all those whom he healed turned and ran, think of the despair and all while he was enduring taunts and insults and was in the most excruciating pain. At this time unite unto him you sadness of soul and YOU will Gain Strength from HIM. His Passion and suffering on the Cross, his abandonment are a part of the same cross that you are suffering too in how you feel and are a great source of Strength when you unite your suffering to His. You are not alone He is suffering with You.

Lillie I am sure that you know all this but now you need encouragement to hang on and hang on tight to the Lord through his Cross and He will hold you like never before.

I have been so wondering how you have been and have been meaning to PM you. Today I wanted to post to all our Canadian Family who will be celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend.

When I logged on I saw your post and was so glad that I did. I want to thank our Dear Lord for you Dearest Lillie, you are so kind, lovable, sweet, honest, smart and so very devout and loyal to our dear Lord and everyone here. You are a wonderful asset to our Family. We love you dearly. You are never alone. Take courage Lillie the Lord is with You.

All my Love, Annie    ps Lillie, I cried for years so do not worry about it. It is healing, the Lord is working there too!

Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
rosewater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 1:25am
Hello my new community,

I'm just about to go to sleep and wake up early tomorrow for my double mastectomy. If any of you find yourself praying tomorrow, would you please say an extra prayer for me? Thank you so much, and goodnight...

With love,
Natasha (Rosewater)
DX IDC TNBC 03/14 age 40, Stage 1, Grade 3, 2cm, 0/4Nodes, lumpectomy 04/14, DD A/C x4, Taxol x12, Carboplatin x2, BMX 10/14, rads x28 Finished Jan 14/15, Oopherectomy Jan 29/15 BRCA 2+
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 7:45am
Natasha (Rosewater),

Thinking of you and praying that you have a successful surgery.

Hugs,
Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 12:46pm
Good Morning Natasha,

I hope your surgery went smoothly. Wishing you the best!

Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 8:53pm
Lillie,

How are you doing?

Hugs,
Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 9:03pm
Dear Natasha,
I pray that your surgery went well. Being that DCIS was found earlier in your journey, I think the mastectomy surgery was a very wise choice. You and I had the same chemo, except I had gemzar instead of carboplatin. Please let us know how things are going as soon as you feel like posting.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 9:24pm
Dear Precious Sisters,
Thank you for the support you have showered on me in the past several weeks. Also Steve, Thank you for your wonderful phone call this past Saturday. I have reflected upon your advice a lot.
To all who mentioned shedding tears. Yes, it is therapeutic and healing.
Please keep Debbie, Michael, Kelli and Diana in your prayers. Debbie is my husbands sister. On October 12th her husband died in his sleep. Last week was very hard on all the family. I've lost a husband, a sister-in-law (Faye) and a brother-in-law. Debbie has lost a husband and a brother recently. Brenda, the other sister has lost a brother and a brother-in-law. Our families are strong Christians and we all look forward to seeing our loved ones again in Heaven.

Again, Thank You and I Love All of You.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Jojocat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 11:05pm
Dear friends:

There is nothing to cure grief: It’s phantom-limb pain. It aches, it throbs, there’s nothing there, and yet you never want it to go away.
Hugs
Joanie
DX 10/24/2013 Between stage 2b and 3a. 2 big nods 1.8cm a d 1.4 cm. tumor 4.5 cm.   35 years old. 11/15/2013. AC/T
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 312313314315316 327>
  Share Topic