Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 327>
Author
majjers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majjers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 10:36am
I loved the verse of the day - just what I need to meditate on for this Monday! Patient endurance is the lifestyle a Cancer Warrior needs to adopt.  So much easier said than done...but worth it to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant"  at the end of this life and the beginning of eternity.  I believe I have a lot more patience to learn and alot more He has for me to do, so not planning on going home yet!  ;o)

Yes girls, it was fantastic meeting Mindy.  Not to rub it in or anything, but she is beautiful and so, so sweet.  A genuine God's girl.  If you ever have the chance to meet one of your SS TNBC sisters, I encourage it - it's like meeting an old friend that understands so much of your life and doesn't judge, just has a heart for God and understands that this life isn't all there is--we have so much to look forward to!

Ya'all be blessed today,
Traci

dx 5/25/07, Stage 2A,TNGr3
DD 4 AC,4 Taxol
32 rads
BRCA 1&2 (-)
7/11 mets to lung; Too many lines of chemo to list! The saga continues but only GOD numbers my days!
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 7:16am
Good Morning and Granny hugs to you all,

Traci,
What a blessing...I hope I get the chance someday. But I do know this...if not here, then There!!

Today is the day...I pray it's my BEST DAY...I'm seeing my onc this morning at 11:30. Please remember me in your prayers. I have to tell you, I'm scared. Got several issues, I'm praying it's just my normal paranoia.

Today's devotional is a message for me and I know others as well. We all go on weed hunts...so today we will give flowers a try and only thank God ...don't question, just for today...Give Thanks...
Have you BEST DAY, today...
Love and Prayers,
Carol
                                                   September 25, 2012

Weed Hunts by Max Lucado

God’s love sprouts around us like lilacs, but we go on weed hunts!  How many flowers do we miss in the process? If you look long enough, you’ll find something to bellyache about.  So quit looking!

Lift your eyes off the weeds.  Collect your blessings.  Catalog His kindnesses.  Assemble your reasons for gratitude.  “Always be joyful” is what Paul tells us in 1st Thessalonians 5:16-18.  “Pray continually and give thanks, whatever happens.  This is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus.”

Gratitude is always an option.  Make it your default emotion and you’ll find yourself giving thanks for the problems of life.  Who knows what you might record in your journal:

Mondays.  Oh boy–my favorite!

Final exams.  I can hardly wait!

“Impossible,” you say?  How do you know?

How do you know until you give the day a chance?  Thank God!

VERSE OF THE DAY - New International Version

Isaiah 41:10
============
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I
will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right
hand.”
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 3:59pm
Dear Carol,
I am praying for a good oncologist visit for you.  May all of your issues be of no major consequence; or just normal paranoia.... You are not by yourself in the paranoia department.

Went with my husband to Chapel Hill this morning to see his eye surgeon.  Hubby had surgery in June to unblock tear ducts and tighten his lower eyelid.  Dr. said scar tissue from surgery had blocked ducts again, so Dr. drilled two holes in the corner of each eyelid to unblock the ducts again.   Hubby drove home and has gone off to work now.  I fully expected to drive him home with bandages over each eye.  What do I know..... Medicine has come a long way......

I am so happy that Traci and Mindy were able to meet each other.  It would be so neat if more of us could accomplish that.

Here in North Carolina, where I live, today is one of those days that is perfect.  How could anyone believe that such "perfection" just happens.  Thank you God for this DAY! 

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2015-9 yrs NED
BevC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BevC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 11:33pm
Carol,
I pray that you had a good dr. visit today!
Bev 
Dx 12/2011, age 48, stage 2a, 2.5 cm, grade 3, 2 nodes +, BRAC1+ A/C x4, taxotere x2 (bad reaction) abraxane x2, bmx 4/30/12, 33 rads 6/13-7/30. Hysterectomy/Recon. 10/2012.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 12:39pm
Good Morning and a late Granny hug for you all,

My appt. went fairly well yesterday. I am going to get a bone scan and CT Tuesday. I am praying they put my fears to rest. I know that God can do this better than any test. But it's so hard not react as most humans do. I hate it when I do that. I post here to lay your burdens at the Savior's feet and I can't even do it myself. If I do, I take them all back at the first opportunity. But in the end, He is already there. I love that phrase...HE IS ALREADY THERE! I just have to learn to practice what I preach.
Our devotional speaks to this weakness us...We have to put fear aside and know just know He's already there.
Lillie, and Bev and all others who remembered me in prayer...thanks so much!

Please remember to have your BEST DAY today
Love and Prayers,
Carol

September 26, 2012

[Speaking to the Israelites about their enemies, Moses said:] "Do not be terrified by them, for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God." — Deuteronomy 7:21

Thought

What foe can defeat the people of God? None! Our God, our Deliverer, is mighty in power, awesome in holiness, and greater than any of our foes. We refuse to fear what the evil one threatens because our Savior has already ultimately defeated him.

Prayer

Abba Father, calm my fears and sooth my anxious heart. By the power of your Spirit, please bless me with boldness and confidence as I seek to live for you in a world that is often hostile to my faith and opposed to your values. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Isaiah 41:10
============
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I
will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right
hand.”

St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 6:25pm
Dear precious Carol,

While I've kept up with the recent WONDERFUL scriptures and the uplifting words of Max L., PLUS reading you had a doctors appointment, I held you tightly in prayer.  Between running fever and work I simply haven't posted.  I think that's the case of many eyes which follow this section of the forum, but may be at a loss for words - sometimes a feeling of inadequacy in articulating those deep heartfelt thoughts-  which is true in my case.

I'll continue to pray for you through your scans.. as so many of us will, I assure you sweetheart. We're all here pulling for you from far and wide.  The power of prayer is beyond anything the medical community can touch.   Yes, as humans we are fragile and succumb to fears that our Lord has already covered for us.  It's natural, so don't think any less of your faith.  God accounts for this.  We're ALL a work in progress, all with room to grow our spirits and faith.  That's what He wants, too- for us to grow our faith in Him.  He knows us so much better than we know ourselves.

Traci is teaching me a lot about true faith as she faces her own challenges.  I told her "I want to be just like you when I grow up" and I truly mean that.  While going through many of her own trials she does so with such an upbeat spirit - a true servant of Christ rich in faith.  I admire the peace she carries and strive to be such a faithful servant of Christ.  But again, we're only human and fear is one aspect of our human frailties.  We all have them.  I personally have small panic attacks on a fairly regular basis.  And I pray which calms me like nothing else.

God Bless You, Carol.  Left in our Father's hands, everything is going to be A-ok.  I believe that with every fiber of my being.  I for one will be dancing with joy when your fears are put to rest.

With much love for all,
Mindy

Edited by mindy555 - Sep 26 2012 at 6:40pm
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Grew to Stage IIa- No ev of node involve- BRCA1+ chondroid metaplasia
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
BevC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BevC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 12:51am
Carol,
I echo what Mindy said and I will pray for good results and a sense of spiritual calmness and peace for you!  

Mindy, 
Hope you get over your fever soon!

It is so nice to see such eloquent, compassionate, and intelligent men and women on this site.  It has been a blessing for me to have a place to go for spiritual support, research, and general info about so many things.

God bless and have the best day ever,
Bev
Dx 12/2011, age 48, stage 2a, 2.5 cm, grade 3, 2 nodes +, BRAC1+ A/C x4, taxotere x2 (bad reaction) abraxane x2, bmx 4/30/12, 33 rads 6/13-7/30. Hysterectomy/Recon. 10/2012.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 10:20am

I hope everyone is doing okay this morning. I know so many of you are in treatment and are struggling. That's one of the reasons why we are here. We are here to support you in any way that we can. Of course we are praying for you. So if you have a specific need just let us know and we will all do what we can to make it happen. Joining together with a specific goal in mind is a powerful tool that God provides.

Dear Heavenly Father we come today asking for strength to deal with disease. We ask for strength for the caregivers. We ask Dear Father to each of your children a sense of peace, strength and an extra dose of faith to get us through this journey. We thank You for all the answered prayers. We know in our hearts that sometimes the answer is not what wanted but we know that in life you are the only one with a plan. We love you Father and we love Your Son and we rely on the presence of the Holy Spirit to comfort us when things get out of hand. Dear Father with all the Praise that is due You, I ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen
Love and Prayers,
Carol

September 27, 2012

No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. — 1 Corinthians 9:27

Thought

"Practice what you preach!" "I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day." "Put your life where your mouth is!" Those of us who speak out most openly about our faith in Jesus also need to make sure that we hold ourselves accountable to the same standard we are calling others to follow.

Prayer

Father in Heaven, please help my walk to be consistent with my talk and may my talk always be pleasing to you! In Jesus' glorious name I pray. Amen.

VERSE OF THE DAY - NEW LIVING TRANSLATION

Matthew 6:33
============
“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will
give you everything you need.”
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 3:55pm
Beautiful heartfelt prayer, Carol.

Bev- I'm well past the fever... just a lot of work. ;)  Thank you.

You're all in my heart,

Mindy
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 4:10pm
Hi Bev,

I just noticed your stats are very similar to mine, BRCA 1+,  mass size, etc.   I received Taxol, which didn't work for me at all.  Did you have rads due to positive nodes?  That was a very difficult decision for me.  I too will have surgery in October.  I was planning for a full hysterectomy and was talked out of it (for now) due to the down time.  Instead I had a BSO this past summer and will go back for the rest of the plumbing when things aren't so hectic.  My exchange surgery is scheduled for October 18th.   I'm wishing you the best with your surgeries next month.  Please let us know so we can pray for you during that time.

Hugs
Mindy
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
BevC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BevC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 11:57pm
Carol, 
Again thanks for the daily devotion, I copied and emailed it to my Bible study group.  One friend in the group is stage IV and another I had just had a conversation about consistency in walk and talk!

Mindy, thank you.  Yes the rads were due to the node involvement and also my tumor was close to my chest wall. Looks like you skipped rads?  I think it's harder when the drs. leave the choice up to you. 

Did you have any reaction to the taxol?  I had a rough time with taxotere.  After the first dose, I thought I had the flu, but the second dose attacked my skin on my hands, feet, and face.  I had a pretty drastic change in appearance, my face turned so red and wrinkled that I aged 20 years, if I make it to 70, I know I'll look like my grandmother :). Thankfully, I only kept a few of the wrinkles.  The fever combined with very low iron made it difficult for me to do much during that time.  At the end of chemo, although there was NED at the site, the nodes had increased in size.  At my pre-op meeting, I saw that a huge alert in big letters was sent out to all the drs. to leave the port in, that was disappointing. 

I have been incredibly busy with projects (architecture and project management).  One design is off to the printers tomorrow!  I'm reviewing elevations tomorrow morning with a client, if that goes well, then I'll be in good shape for that one.  There is sooo much to do before surgery.  

My exchange, port removal, and hys. will be on Oct. 17.  Good luck with your surgery!  

Thanks again, God bless,
Bev

Edited by BevC - Sep 29 2012 at 8:28pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 9:38am

Well, it's a rainy morning today. It's just the kind I like, a steady rain, really soaking the ground. I still have my bell pepper plants producing, made some Pepper Jelly and put them in the freezer for cooking. And I have one cucumber plant still producing. This plant was a random seed, so figured God wanted us to have this one. So we've taken care of it and it gives us one or two cukes a week. Just enough!
I love this time of the year, don't you? God shuts must vegetable plants down and gets ready for next Spring.
Fall is a good time to get ready for the holidays, ya know, clean things a bit. It would be good time to kinda clean things up inside of us too. Our devotional speaks of this. I know I am so good at harboring my sins and not confessing them until they pile up and almost become unmanageable and almost too many to bear. How wrong is that??? So let's do a fall clean-up...give them to God...let Him take care of them. Let's get on with our plans for a thankful Thanksgiving and a joyful Christmas.
Have your BEST DAY today,
Love and Prayers,
Carol

September 28, 2012

We can’t live with foreign objects buried in our bodies. Or our souls!

A SPIRITUAL MRI BY MAX LUCADO

What would an X-ray of your interior reveal?  Remorse over a poor choice?  Shame about the marriage that didn’t work, the temptation you didn’t resist?  Guilt lies hidden beneath the surface, festering, irritating.  Sometimes so deeply embedded you don’t know the cause.

And you can be touchy, you know.  Understandable, since you have a shank of shame lodged in your soul.  Interested in an extraction?

Confess!  Request a spiritual MRI.  Like the one in Psalm 139:23- 24:  “Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” 

Confessors find a freedom that deniers don’t.  If we confess our sins, he will forgive our sins!  He will cleanse us.  Not might, could, would, or should.  He WILL! 

John 15:10
==========
“If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my
Father’s commands and remain in his love.”
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 10:23am

It's my prayer that all of you have a good restful weekend. If you're not doing anything special, come on down. We are having that last hoorah of the season here at the resort , Customer Appreciation Day. Free food and door prizes. Look us up...  www.countryjunctionresort.com

You will be blessed with today's devotional. Enjoy!
Have your BEST DAY and best weekend.
Love and Prayers,
Carol

September 29,2012

Roy Lessin

With God, there is no “whatever you want to do is fine.”

This is never an attitude He carries in His heart. God does not speak out of skepticism, cynicism, sarcasm, or exasperation. When you ask Him what to do, He doesn’t shrug His shoulders and say, “Whatever!” When you come to Him with a need He doesn’t say, “I don’t care what you do, don’t bother Me now.”

When you ask Him to answer your prayer He doesn’t say, “Yeah, right!” To Him, everything and every detail is important. God is not uncaring toward you or unconcerned about your needs. He is not indifferent to your struggles, your trials, your difficulties, or your tears. He is not apathetic to your cries for help, or the prayers and petitions that you bring to Him each day.

Colossians 2:9-10
=================
“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in
Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and
authority.”
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 10:42pm
Bev- That's quite scary about the Taxotere. 

Taxol appeared to be a breeze really..  but, after 3 weekly infusions my mass increased 41%- so it was insane to continue.  I did have residual neuropathy after the Taxol was replaced with FEC.. pretty severe pain that lasted almost a month-  but a cake walk compared to what you experienced with Taxotere.   Maybe some BRCA positives just don't do well with Taxenes.  I don't know.

So you're a day ahead of me which will be easy to remember.  Wishing you the best with your surgeries. I will surely include you in my prayers!

xxx
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 1:39pm
Good Afternoon and Granny hugs to you all,

I'm so sorry I'm late. Had a campground breakfast to attend this morning and then just got sidetracked.

Our celebration went off without a hitch. I was just sorry I didn't see any of you there.

Our son and his wife surprised us with a 10th anniversary (we've had the resort 10years this month) present...a 47" Flat screen tv with all the bells and whistles. Quite a surprise.

I hope you all are having a good weekend and your BEST DAY!

Love and Prayers,
Carol

September 30, 2012

Some say Jesus was a good man, an influential man, a wise teacher, and a good example to follow. Some even call Him a prophet of God. But the claims that Jesus made about Himself go far beyond that. Here are 20 of those claims:

1. Jesus claimed that before He came to live and die on earth for our salvation, He was living in heaven.

“No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:13-15 [NKJV]

2. Jesus claimed that He is the giver of Living Water.

“Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.” John 4:10 [NKJV]

3.  Jesus claimed that He was the promised Messiah.

“The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.” Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.” John 4:25-26 [NKJV]

4. Jesus claimed that we should honor Him in the same way we honor the Father.

Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. John 5:19-23 [NKJV]

5.  Jesus claimed that the Scriptures testified of Him.

“But I have a greater witness than John’s; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish–the very works that I do–bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me. And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form. But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe. You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.” John 5:36-39 [NKJV]

6.  Jesus claimed that Moses wrote about Him as the one in whom we should believe.

“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.” John 5:46 [NKJV]

7.  Jesus claimed He had God the Father’s seal.

“Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.” John 6:27 [NKJV]

8.  Jesus claimed that we should believe in Him as God’s sent one.

“Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.” John 6:29 [NKJV]

9.  Jesus claimed He was the bread of life.

“And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.” John 6:35 [NKJV]

10.  Jesus claimed it was God’s will to believe in Him.

“And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40 [NKJV]

11.  Jesus claimed to be the only way to God.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6 [NKJV]

12.  Jesus claimed to be the light of the world.

“Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12 [NKJV]

13.  Jesus claimed to be the resurrection and the life.

“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.” John 11:25-27 [NKJV]

14.  Jesus claimed He came to give abundant life.

“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.”  John 10:10 [NKJV]

15. Jesus claimed He was the door to salvation.

“I am the door If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.” John 10:9 [NKJV]

16. Jesus claimed He would send the Holy Spirit

“But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.” John 16:5-7 [NKJV]

17. Jesus claimed that the Holy Spirit would glorify Him.

“He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.” John 16:14-15 [NKJV]

18.  Jesus claimed He was the source of peace.

“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. John 16:33-17:3 [NKJV]

19.  Jesus claimed He was one with the Father.

“Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.” John 17:11, 21 [NKJV]

20.  Jesus claimed He bore witness to the truth.

“Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” John 18:36-37 [NKJV]

…because Jesus bore witness to the truth, then everything He claimed to be is true!

Edited by Carol (Tenn) - Sep 30 2012 at 1:44pm
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 2:01pm
Hi Everyone, 

Carol: Congrats on the great day at the campground and happy surprise. Sure you will enjoy many pleasant TV times this coming fall and winter.  

Keeping everyone in my prayers for a good week ahead.  

Love and Peace, 
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 9:02pm

Hello Sisters and Brothers,

We had rain Friday night and all day Saturday.  We needed the rain, but I had gotten spoiled last week by cooler, bright sunny days.   AHHHH!  Early Autumn.   I have 6 mums or different colors cascading across my small front porch and down the steps.  They are so pretty and I hope all the rain didn't drown them. 

Carol, I am so happy that your campground celebration was a big success today.  Also, please enjoy the new TV.  What a nice thing for your son and daughter-in-law to do for you and Jim.  Also, I can tell that you and Jim are in a good situation for Senior Citizens to be in.  Needed and Appreciated......Praise God.
I have and will have you constantly on my mind.  I'm praying for your health concerns and scans to be nothing more than 'benign pains'...... as you travel on your journey with Christ.

Have a Great week!

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2015-9 yrs NED
BevC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BevC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 11:36pm
Mindy,
Thanks, you'll be in my prayers too!  I pray also that our daughters (and sons) will not have to go through this!
Have a great week!
Bev
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 12:48am
Carol,

Just a short note while i have a connection to let you know my thoughts are with you during your tests in the morning.

Lillie, rain here too but last week was beautiful...some lows at about 39 and the leaves are all sorts of beautiful colors.

Mindy, hope you are feeling better and your back pain has eased. It seems after chemo old pains are amplified -particularly arthritis.

Love you all 

Blair
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 5:45am
Good Morning and belated and current Granny hugs to you all,

Please excuse my absence yesterday. I am apparently absence of mind again. Oh dear, when will it stop...;-)

My appointment for scans is tomorrow morning not this morning. DUH!!

Blair,
So good to hear from you!!

If there's one thing that I wish for this site it's to reach someone in need of a life with Christ. If you haven't accepted Jesus into your life, it's my prayer that you will. If I can help anyone with questions, just PM me or email and I will do everything in my power with God's help to answer them
Love and Prayers,
Carol

With God, there is no “whomever you choose to believe in is fine.”

God doesn’t tell us that our spiritual life is open-ended and we can seek our spirituality with whomever we like. Our spiritual life is not multiple-choice, it is not a smorgasbord of options, it is not a variety pack we can pick and choose from based upon what looks good to us.

We cannot go to the world, because God’s kingdom is not of this world; we cannot go to the deeds of the law because by them no flesh will be justified in His sight; we cannot go to false gods because we are to have no other gods before Him; we cannot go to idols because they have ears but hear not, eyes but see not, and mouths but speak not; we cannot go to philosophers because they do not have the words of eternal life or know the mind of God for our lives.

Jesus said, “Come to Me.” God calls us to have faith in Him, to receive His Son, to trust His Word, to follow His footsteps, to walk in His way. Today, it is Jesus who has the Words of eternal life to speak into your life. It is in Jesus that the full blessing of God rests upon you.

John 18:36, Romans 3:20, Exodus 20:3, Psalm 135:15-18, Colossians 2:8

This is sooooo true have a fantastic and super blessed day!

Some people never seem motivated to participate,
But are just content to watch while others do the work.
They are called 'Spec Taters'.

Some people never do anything to help, but are gifted
At finding fault with the way others do the work.
They are called 'Comment Taters'.

Some people are very bossy and like to tell others what
To do, but don't want to soil their own hands.
They are called 'Dick Taters'.

Some people are always looking to cause problems by
Asking others to agree with them. It is too hot or too cold, too sour or too sweet.
They are called 'Adgie Taters'.

There are those who say they will help, but somehow
Just never get around to actually doing the promised help.
They are called 'Hezzie Taters'.

Some people can put up a front and pretend to be
Someone they are not.
They are called 'Immy Taters'.

Then there are those who love others and do what they
Say they will. They are always prepared to stop whatever they are doing and lend a helping hand.
They bring real sunshine into the lives of others.
They are called 'Sweet Po Taters'.

St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 327>
  Share Topic