Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 327>
Author
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 9:54am
Michele,

I felt unusually emotional and tearful, as well as weak and tired while going through my treatment and awhile after. I became more prayerful and introspective, which has changed my outlook on life to this day, but not in a bad way. I try to look for the blessings around me when I am feeling negative, no matter how small or simple and that helps. It also helps me to know that I have our TNBC family here who lift me up through their support, and understanding, and sharing of God's unconditional, endless love. 

Praying for you to have sweeter, gentler days ahead. 

Love and Peace, 
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:21am
Good Morning and Granny hugs to you all,

Michele,
Oh how I remember what you are going through. It's a tough battle but as Diane so eloquently said, you can't be happy all the time and it's so difficult to remember good times when you are suffering physically and emotionally. Those emotions are so strong. They overpower everything else. Please just take time for yourself. Find a quiet place and just let it come. Don't try to keep that happy face all the time. You can't. It's not possible. You need to let loose..you can't keep it bottled up forever and you know what....God is already there, waiting for you, so He can comfort you and hold you while you share your fears, loneliness, everything.

As I write this I've thought about what a lonely disease this is. As much as our family and friends what to take a portion from you, they can't. The only one who truly understands is our Savior. Just think about how lonely He was on the Cross. He said, "My God, My God, why has thou forsaken me?" Mathew 27:45,46. In one commentary I read that God the Father actually might have turned His head away from our Savior so as not to see the suffering He allowed to happen for us.
So Michele, I didn't mean to write a sermon or a book, I just want you and anyone else to know that emotions of this sort are normal. Just let it happen, then let Jesus and His Holy Spirit take over.

I hope everyone has good weekend and restful one.
Love and Prayers,
Carol

A SURE GOD  (Max Lucado)
“If we are not faithful, he will still be faithful, because he cannot be false to himself.”  2 Timothy 2:13
Our moods may shift, but God’s doesn’t. Our minds may change, but God’s doesn’t. Our devotion may falter, but God’s never does. Even if we are faithless, He is faithful, for He cannot betray himself. He is a sure God.

May  5, 2012

VERSE:
   And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his
love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. 
    -- Romans 5:5

THOUGHT:
   The source of our hope is not just in Jesus' prior work on the
Cross and in the empty tomb. It isn't dependent just on our own
will-power and commitment to hang on to hope. No, God made sure the
fire of hope could never run out of fuel in our hearts. He did this
by filling us with his Holy Spirit and pouring his love into our
hearts. That same Spirit will help raise us up and give us life
when Jesus returns (cf. Romans 8:11).

PRAYER:
   Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for the gift of your
Holy Spirit who keeps my hope alive and fills me with a sense of
your loving presence. May my life today, and everyday, display my
confidence in your love by sharing your kindness with others. In
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Edited by Carol (Tenn) - May 05 2012 at 10:25am
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 11:21am
Dear Michelle,
I think we have all gone through the same thing, especially after diagnosis and during treatment. It's o.k. to share our feelings and our thoughts and to not feel that we must have a happy face on at all times. I agree with Carol that cancer can be a lonely disease but our Heavenly Father knows what you are feeling and He is there to comfort, love and sustain you through it all.

This devotional by Holley Gerth touched my heart today and my prayer is that it will have the same effect on others.

Love & hugs,
Genie

What Your Heart Needs to Hear Most Today…

-Holley Gerth

What are the words you wonder about in the middle of the night, the quiet moments, the carpool line?

What are you’re afraid to believe but really, really wish you could?

I’m loved,
I really can do this.
I’m chosen for a purpose.

Whatever it is, it’s scandalously true.
Not because you dreamed it up. Or you think it would be nice. Or maybe you’ve finally earned it.

It’s true because the God who spoke the world into being has whispered his heart to you too…

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him {Psalm 103:11}

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. {Philippians 4:13}

This is what the Lord says…”I have called you by name, you are mine.” {Isaiah 43:1}

We don’t have to just wish. We can deep-in-our-bones know. Easy? Nope, not in this fallen world. But with the One Who Loves Us and each other it really is possible.

What’s one truth your heart is holding on to right now?
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 7:37am
Dear Michele,
After treatment is probably the hardest part of this journey to walk.  It is a time when everything stops and we are alone with the fact that we went through this journey with others by our side and now we are by ourselves....It is a loss of the comfort zone knowing others were right there for us and now we must face the rest of our journey by ourselves without treatment or support directly with us (or so we feel)...

This is not the case really, but our minds and bodies are so fearful of recurrence and the "what to do I do nows') that we become withdrawn. 

My daughter came over one day after my treatment was finished and asked if there was something that she could do to get me  MOTIVATED to go on with life........MOTIVATED? MOTIVATED? That is when it hit me! I have been motivated, fighting this disease with all my might for the past year and now that the treatments are done, I must get re-Motivated to live! I was so upset with that comment that it was my breaking zone and after that I didn't look back....It was in fact what I needed to hear and she meant no harm but it was true, I was not motivated to live now that the treatments were done.  What life would bring me, I did not know and I was just empty.  Oh each day my Jesus was with me and He was the one to get me back on my feet again along with my daughter. We both prayed together and alone and had a group of prayer warriors including the ones here to help me get back to living and life.  You too will find your way.  It may be something someone says, or does, or maybe doesn't do but you will find your way back.  We are all in this together so vent here and we will be beside you all the way. 

Take care Michele and know that we are never truly alone. Hugs Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 9:00am

I AM motivated. I AM praising the Great I AM.

Today's devotional is most encouraging to all fear the day...the hour...the moment...while struggling with this monster. Our monster slayer is close at hand. Our healer is nearby..the Great Physician is all we need.
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Sunday in the House of the Lord. If you're just not up to the chore of getting ready, just sit back with The Word and worship and praise the One True God.
Love and Prayers,
Carol

May 06, 2012

"Great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all."
Matthew 12:15

What a mass of hideous sickness must have thrust itself under the eye of Jesus! Yet we read not that he was disgusted, but patiently waited on every case. What a singular variety of evils must have met at his feet! What sickening ulcers and putrefying sores! Yet he was ready for every new shape of the monster evil, and was victor over it in every form. Let the arrow fly from what quarter it might, he quenched its fiery power. The heat of fever, or the cold of dropsy; the lethargy of palsy, or the rage of madness; the filth of leprosy, or the darkness of ophthalmia--all knew the power of his word, and fled at his command. In every corner of the field he was triumphant over evil, and received the homage of delivered captives. He came, he saw, he conquered everywhere. It is even so this morning. Whatever my own case may be, the beloved Physician can heal me; and whatever may be the state of others whom I may remember at this moment in prayer, I may have hope in Jesus that he will be able to heal them of their sins. My child, my friend, my dearest one, I can have hope for each, for all, when I remember the healing power of my Lord; and on my own account, however severe my struggle with sins and infirmities, I may yet be of good cheer. He who on earth walked the hospitals, still dispenses his grace, and works wonders among the sons of men: let me go to him at once in right earnest.

Let me praise him, this morning, as I remember how he wrought his spiritual cures, which bring him most renown. It was by taking upon himself our sicknesses. "By his stripes we are healed." The Church on earth is full of souls healed by our beloved Physician; and the inhabitants of heaven itself confess that "He healed them all." Come, then, my soul, publish abroad the virtue of his grace, and let it be "to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign which shall not be cut off."
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 6:00pm
Our Lord is SO GREAT.   I love Him so much and give thanks to Him for enriching my life with all of you.  I know some are in tremendous pain... many so weary.  We have lingering worry we attempt to shelve... or that queasy worry before the next doc appt. or scan.   None are without struggle at times.  I give thanks our Lord knows our hearts, our burdens (better than we do) and can handle them all.

I also give thanks for our beautiful devoted Carol.   Carol.. Thanks for your nurturing words I so need to hear... for being down-to-earth and true.   God bless you, dear heart!

Michele - I pray for your strength.  I think most of us have felt so sick and tired...  feeling there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I know I *still* feel that at times of stress.   Carol put it very well;  TNBC is indeed a very lonely disease.  Please know we're here for you and DO understand those burdensome feelings, the deep sadness and grief.... when it seems like nobody else 'gets it'.  It's like you're suppose to snap out of it.   Which of course is impossible.  It's so difficult to fake a smile when your heart is breaking.  Mothers protect their children.  We put our loved ones before us during our own health crisis.   When some of it seems way too difficult to cope with...  other parts of the journey bring deep beauty and meaning.   You deserve a good cry!   It sounds as if you've been forced to hold in many feelings.. when tears are cathartic.  Please try to find time for yourself!  I pray you see much brighter days.. and soon,  sweet Michele. 

Ugh... now I'll be really petty bringing up my own problem-  a struggle with time.  Seems there's not enough hours in a day.  I'm delighted I had time to enjoy my grands for most of the weekend.  While it was sweltering, we had a fantastic time at the zoo (I hadn't been for ages)  We had our older grands join us at the house to watch the end of our BB team's play-offs. Then we witnessed the brilliant Super Moon together last night.  Those are precious moments in life I wouldn't trade for anything...  Time you never get back!   I'm eternally grateful 'to feel good enough' to have this quality time now.  And selfishly want more.  As a BRCA positive I must get this hysterectomy scheduled and behind me.  There are many other "must dos" simultaneously ....ongoing work deadlines to meet,  several trips for 'other' medical procedures and appointments to set up here.  It's difficult to keep priorities straight.  Three surgeries down.. and two (that I know of)  to go.  Thinking about everything ahead this evening is swallowing me up.   I'd love a break...  more than 'a few days' of "free time"-  like I had this weekend... while still feeling pretty darn good.    OK.  Out of pity party mode! --- Thanks for indulging.  I feel better just writing this- and know it's okay here.  He'll help sort this out.  AMEN.

God Bless Us All   ~~~ Mindy

P.S.  Carol -  If it wasn't already answered,  YMMV means Your Mileage May Vary.  Hug

P.S.S. Hi Blair!  Thinking of you, Bill and your Mom, sweet friend!

Edited by mindy555 - May 06 2012 at 7:54pm
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Grew to Stage IIa- No ev of node involve- BRCA1+ chondroid metaplasia
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 7:30am
Good Morning Granny hugs to you all,

Mindy,
Let's focus....isn't it wonderful that you feel like doing all these things. I'm sure you remember a time when all you could do was make it to the bathroom without tiring. Now you have so much you want and need to do that there aren't enough hours in the day, days in the week, etc. You must prioritize...Now make a list according to what is absolutely necessary at the top and what you can do at your leisure, and just prayerfully start. I am a list-maker. Sometimes everything on my list gets done and sometimes it doesn't. But I feel at least I've got a plan. We all love you Mindy. And we "got your back"!

It's amazing what the Father picked for our devotional. Just what we need, as always, eh Mindy!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Today they are promising storms, so keep a prayer in mind that they don't turn out to be tornadoes.
Love and Prayers,
Carol

May  7, 2012

VERSE:
   Cast all your anxiety on him [God] because he cares for you.
    -- 1 Peter 5:7

THOUGHT:
   Isn't it absolutely incredible that the God who made the
universe cares about us and our needs, hurts, and fears! So let's
trust that he will do what is best for us and show it by living for
him!

PRAYER:
   Loving Father and Almighty God, I consciously place all of my
anxieties, worries, cares, and frustrations in your hands. I will
do my best to not dwell on them and trust that you will do what is
best for me and those I love. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Max Lucado says,
Let God Be Enough
There’s never enough, it seems. 
Not enough time, luck, credit, wisdom, intelligence.  So we worry.  But worry doesn’t 
work!
Jesus said, “Look at the birds.  They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, 
for your heavenly Father feeds them.  And aren’t you far more valuable to him than 
they are?  Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?  You can dedicated a 
decade of anxious thoughts to the brevity of life and not extend it by one minute.  
Worry accomplishes nothing.”
Jesus doesn’t condemn legitimate concern for responsibilities.  It’s the continuous 
mind-set of worry that dismisses God’s presence.  It subtracts God from the future, 
faces uncertainties with no faith, and tallies up the challenges of the day without 
entering God into the equation.
Jesus said, “Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe you have received it, and it 
will be yours!” 
Let God be enough!
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 11:24am
I'm a list maker too, Carol.   I guess because what "isn't optional" is business-related and medical, like the hysterectomy..  I'll simply do my best to have quality time with my kids.   It's been a short time since I was grasping for energy- yet managed to work and get everything done. Praise Jesus. 

Grateful to have come this far in such a short time, if only briefly feeling well.   PERFECT devotional indeed.

Thinking of you all,
Mindy

Edited by mindy555 - May 07 2012 at 11:37am
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 9:06pm
Hello Sisters,
What a beautiful Monday we have had.  Not too hot and not cold.  I love it.

Carol and Genie, Thank you both for your devotions.  Oh they do minister to my spirit.

I'm sorta mad... maybe hurt.... can I share?
Yesterday Donald and I visited my SIL Faye.  She finished her chemo last Monday and will begin radiation in about 3 weeks.  Now, we all know that I am talking MONTHS of time for chemo.  Our preacher has not been to see her since the day she had her mastectomy in early Dec. 2011.
During these months when I ask if the preacher had stopped by, she said, "no, but I know he is busy and blah blah blah."  Yesterday she ask us if the preacher had forgotten her.  She said the preacher had asked Faye's daughter the Sunday before why Faye never came to church anymore.   The daughter explained that Faye's immune system has really been compromised.  Faye had the shingles.  Faye has not been able to go to church and be in a 'crowd of people'....
This morning I, as tactfully as I could muster, sent the preacher an e-mail.  I plainly told him that he needed to go and visit Faye.  I was afraid to call him, I didn't want to cry or get ugly at him. 
Faye is reaching the point of returning to church and she doesn't even know if the preacher will remember her.  She wants to feel free, when she is ready, to stand and thank everyone at church and give God Praise for bringing her this far.   She ask Donald and I how she is suppose to act when the preacher has not set foot in her door even once since she has been sick. 
You know sisters, the fear of each step back into the world after this disease has robbed you of so much.  Faye is facing Church and radiation, and she is afraid.

I told the preacher that I knew my brother and niece have led him to believe that Faye is 'fine and dandy,' but she isn't, and besides it's not them he needs to visit.  He needs to visit Faye. Right???  Oh, please pray for this situation for all of us.  Faye has been so strong and so brave, but at the same time, she is so weak and so 'fatigued' (her words).  

Thanks for letting me vent and I'm glad you can't see my tears. 

God Bless,
Lillie

Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2015-9 yrs NED
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 10:10pm
Oh Lillie...

I can understand why you're more than a little hurt.   Pain is the flip-side of anger.  The situation with Faye sounds dreadfully painful.  I'm adding you both to my prayers-- and the church preacher too.  God will know who I'm talking about.   I'm so sorry this has happened to Faye.. I can feel your great love and pain for your dear friend & SIL who's fighting fear, fatigue.. and needs the support of her church.   Praying for Faye's strength and resolution el pronto, sweet Lillie.

God Bless - You both are SO loved by our Father!
Mindy

Edited by mindy555 - May 07 2012 at 10:17pm
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 10:17pm
Lillie, 

Heart Hug 

Blair
Lump found 11/08 @51
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad., No recon. NED 1/16
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 12:23am
Dearest Lillie,

It is so hard to understand how a pastor can treat a member of his church in this way. How hurtful for Faye and you. Unfortunately pastors are human too. Still, being busy is no excuse for not visiting Faye. A pastor is to shepherd his flock and that means visiting when they can't be in church. I am praying for this situation to be resolved quickly and with grace and kindness. I do think that sending him an email was the right thing to do.

You are such a strength and support for Faye. What a blessing you are to so many, Lillie. You give of yourself so freely and with such love. Prayers continue for you and for Faye.

Love & hugs from your "Triplet" sister,
Genie
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 10:14am

Oh Lillie, how well I remember the feelings that you and Faye are going through. The very same thing happened to me. I was crushed when I didn't hear from my pastor for months while in treatment and after. He visited once. I telephoned him and told him how I felt and how hurt I was and how I needed him and he wasn't there. His only response was, "I'm sorry you feel that way". I no longer attend that church.
You did the right thing. You are such a sweet advocate for Faye even though it adds to your burdens but I know you only do things in love. I will continue to pray for you both and just as Mindy said, the pastor needs them most. Not only in regards to Faye but entire congregation.

Blair,
Are you finished packing yet? Gee, if I lived closer, I could help..Wacko Hope all is going well with Mom. Love you dear friend.

I am here again asking for special prayer for my grandson's friend. If you will remember, I told you of Jay, the young man who has been fighting cancer for over 6 years. Unfortunately, after doing so well, his cancer has returned. A orange size mass in his lung and bone mets. He also has a brain bleed at his surgery site because of low platelets. So Jay is facing some tough decisions as to treatment etc. So please lift Jay and his family up in prayer.
He has written a book about his journey. You can find out about it at... www.jaysjourneybook.com

Thank you in advance.
Love and Prayers,
Carol
                                May  8, 2012

VERSE:
   But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were
still sinners, Christ died for us.
    -- Romans 5:8
THOUGHT:
   God didn't wait till we were "good enough" to bring us his
salvation. Instead, he came when we were most lost and needed his
grace the most. But then, that's what love really means by God's
definition. It's more than something declared or felt, it's
something radically demonstrated.

PRAYER:
   Holy and loving Father, thank you for demonstrating your love in
such powerful and sacrificial fashion. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Jwatrlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwatrlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 3:27pm
I want to go back and catch up and read but wanted to share right away that my friend Holly got good news from her biopsy.  NO new CANCER but fibrocystic changes. Praise God!!!  I have my grand daughter today so will come back later and read and catch up.

Hugs,
Juanita
Diag. June 4, 2010 IDC Stage 1, Grade 3, Node 0/2 TNBC. Lumpectomy 8/9/2010 Started chemo 9/16/2010 AC x 4 every 2 weeks, Taxol x 12 weekly, 33 rads, finished 4/15/11. NED as of Sept 3, 2013
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 5:00pm
Dear Carol, Mindy, Blair and Genie,
Thanks for your kind words.  I wish I could let stuff slide off my back....and not care..... but I can't.  Anyhow, thanks,

Juanita, I am so happy for your friend Holly's good report.  Also happy you are getting to keep your granddaughter today. 

Blair, when I look at your avatar of Linville Falls, it makes me want to head to your cabin in the mountains and rock on the front porch. 

CAROL!!!! Can you believe it???  Once upon a time a Spiritual Support thread began and now we are on page 250.  Praise The Lord.  One day, when I have time, I want to start back at the beginning and read all the posts in this thread.   Isn't it wonderful how many friends we have made along the way. 

I just want to let Laura, Debris, Michelle and all the others who are in the 'thick of the battle' know that I am praying for you.  You are not forgotten!

God Bless,
Lillie

Edited by Lillie - May 08 2012 at 5:02pm
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 4:19am

Lillie,
And over 55,000 posts. God is so good to us here at SS. He makes every day, every post important to Him. I am sometimes overwhelmed by His faithfulness to this site. Some can say what they want about the internet but how would we have reached these many friends any other way. Thank you Father for Your favor.

Juanita,
Good to hear from you. Aren't grandkids wonderful...too bad we couldn't have had them first. Wink I am so pleased to hear that Holly got the much loved phrase..ALL CLEAR!

To all the sisters and friends we have here on SS that are struggling right now,
Just as Lillie said, you are not forgotten. You are prayed for everyday and loved so much.

Please, everyone, have a glorious day and take to heart our devotion for the day..
Love and Prayers,
Carol

"The only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
John 1:14

Believer, you can bear your testimony that Christ is the only begotten of the Father, as well as the first begotten from the dead. You can say, "He is divine to me, if he be human to all the world beside. He has done that for me which none but a God could do. He has subdued my stubborn will, melted a heart of adamant, opened gates of brass, and snapped bars of iron. He hath turned for me my mourning into laughter, and my desolation into joy; he hath led my captivity captive, and made my heart rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory. Let others think as they will of him, to me he must be the only begotten of the Father: blessed be his name. And he is full of grace. Ah! had he not
 been, I should never have been saved. He drew me when I struggled to escape from his grace; and when at last I came all trembling like a condemned culprit to his mercy-seat, he said, Thy sins which are many are all forgiven thee: be of good cheer.' And he is full of truth. True have his promises been, not one has failed. I bear witness that never servant had such a master as I have; never brother such a kinsman as he has been to me; never spouse such a husband as Christ has been to my soul; never sinner a better Saviour; never mourner a better comforter than Christ hath been to my spirit. I want none beside him. In life he is my life, and in death he shall be the death of death; in poverty
 Christ is my riches; in sickness he makes my bed; in darkness he is my star, and in brightness he is my sun; he is the manna of the camp in the wilderness, and he shall be the new corn of the host when they come to Canaan. Jesus is to me all grace and no wrath, all truth and no falsehood: and of truth and grace he is full, infinitely full. My soul, this day, bless with all thy might the only Begotten.'"
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 8:26am
Good Morning, 

Carol, the packing...i wore myself out Sunday and Monday working on our bedroom. Yesterday was a day of rest to let my back recuperate! Fourteen years sure equals a lot of stuff to go through to see what to take, donate, toss etc. Sometimes i wonder how i got so old and achy...I know 55 is not old. Wink

Lillie,  I can't wait to be rocking on the porch in Linville Falls. You are probably only 3-4 hours away...i'm guessing. God bless you for being there for Faye. 

Mindy, one thing at a time...that's what i keep telling myself right now because looking at the whole picture is overwhelming. You have been on my mind with all the decisions you are facing now. 

Mom is feeling pretty good. She has had a little more nausea with this chemo regime but is managing several small meals and snacks a day. 

I'll check back in later...time to type a Final Exam Study Guide for Bill to give his students. 

Love you all, 
Blair

Lump found 11/08 @51
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad., No recon. NED 1/16

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 4:53am

Blair,
Take it easy girlfriend. Don't overdo. I know how you must be looking forward to your move. It's an exciting time for you. But, don't overdo.Big smile

I hope everyone is having a tolerable week. Sometimes that's all we can ask for.
Jay will receive the news today if there is another course of action to stop the progression of his cancer. Please let's keep him in our prayers.
Love and Prayers,
Carol
                                            May 10, 2012

"Only be thou strong and very courageous."
Joshua 1:7

Our God's tender love for his servants makes him concerned for the state of their inward feelings. He desires them to be of good courage. Some esteem it a small thing for a believer to be vexed with doubts and fears, but God thinks not so. From this text it is plain that our Master would not have us entangled with fears. He would have us without carefulness, without doubt, without cowardice. Our Master does not think so lightly of our unbelief as we do. When we are desponding we are subject to a grievous malady, not to be trifled with, but to be carried at once to the beloved Physician. Our Lord loveth not to see our countenance sad. It was a law of Ahasuerus that no one should come into
 the king's court dressed in mourning: this is not the law of the King of kings, for we may come mourning as we are; but still he would have us put off the spirit of heaviness, and put on the garment of praise, for there is much reason to rejoice.
 The Christian man ought to be of a courageous spirit, in order that he may glorify the Lord by enduring trials in an heroic manner. If he be fearful and fainthearted, it will dishonour his God. Besides, what a bad example it is. This disease of doubtfulness and discouragement is an epidemic which soon spreads amongst the Lord's flock. One downcast believer makes twenty souls sad. Moreover, unless your courage is kept up, Satan will be too much for
 you. Let your spirit be joyful in God your Saviour, the joy of the Lord shall be your strength, and no fiend of hell shall make headway against you; but cowardice throws down the banner. Moreover, labour is light to a man of cheerful spirit; and success waits upon cheerfulness. The man who toils, rejoicing in his God, believing with all his heart, has success guaranteed. He who sows in hope shall reap in joy; therefore, dear reader, "be thou strong, and very courageous."
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 9:00am
Dear Lillie,

Praying for God's blessings for all involved that the situation with Faye will turn out okay and you will find comfort. 

Love and Peace, 
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 10:58am

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your prayers.  You and I and all of us know the power of prayers.  I'm still remembering the anxiety you recently faced and how many prayers were answered for you.  You are an inspiration to me.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 327>
  Share Topic