FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sore chest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bgbanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sore chest
    Posted: Jan 03 2019 at 9:17pm
I completed 33 radiation treatments November 2016 and suffered severe burns.  The burns healed but two years later I am experiencing soreness of my chest on the side of radiation.  Has anyone else experienced this?  
59 year old; Dx: 3/4/2016 w/TNBC in right breast 5.3cm tumor; Stage 11B; Grade 3; 4AC treatments complete/ 4 Taxol complete; Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/31/16 then 33 radiation treatments.
Lisa s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2019 at 1:25am
I too sometimes have soreness and tenderness and pain.  Had a MRI done and all was fine. I COULDN'T comprehend how my breast could feel and be so different after aa lumpectomy.  It seemed so minor.  I finally asked my surgeon how much tissue was taken out as i was picturing in my mind just a little piece.  The surgeon said he would show men but didn't want to freak me out.  I made him draw me a picture and It was an entire 1\4 page of regular writing paper and about 1 and 1\2 to 2 inches deep!  Totally explains the hardness soreness and pains .  Add radiation to that and you get one messed up breast even if It looks normal on the outside.  My mind was totally put to ease after seeing the drawing.  
momof2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2019 at 10:15pm
I have been feeling this odd soreness, kind of like a muscle cramp. Sometimes it feels like it's at the top of my rib cage behind my breast. It concerns me. but then I remember what my oncologist told me about residual pain. I will bring it up when I see him next month.
TNBC/ILCw/MedullaryFeatures 9/19/12/age39,Stage2b,Grade 3,4x4cm,InternalMammary 1.3x0.6cm,16 NodesRemoved/rb lumpectomy/ClearMargins 3/15/13,BRCA1/2 Neg,8x AM386/Taxol;4x A/C;34Rads6/26/13;NED5/18/16
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic