Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin Care Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AllisonH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisonH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skin Care Suggestions
    Posted: Jul 04 2017 at 2:42am
Hi, everyone!

I'm looking for suggestions of skin care products that helped you or warnings of products that hurt during chemo. I'm talking about face cleanser and moisturizer as well as shower wash and body lotion plus any other product that works great for you.

Just finished round 4 of AC and will start 12 rounds (1/week) of TC in 2 weeks. Obviously skin drier but also rosacea worse and now have hand/foot syndrome which, I'm told, will only get worse during TC.

I've used Bare Minerals skin care for several years, but it can't seem to keep up now. Also, even before this, I have sensitive skin, can't have fragrances, and, worse, any form of sunscreen. (Yes, I know how bad that last one is right now. Trying to stay covered up, but heat index of over 100 degrees makes that unpleasant.)

I googled and found several options, but it's hard to get through the hype to the reality.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Allison
AllisonH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisonH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2017 at 5:33pm
I found a body soap I can use that is working great for me as it's quite moisturizing without being oily or greasy. L'Occitane en Provence Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap Milk version. I got the small bar to try it in case I was allergic to anything in it, but so far, it hasn't been a problem. There a couple of other versions in case you want a light scent. Still looking for face cleanser and moisturizer if you have any suggestions. Thanks.
Allison
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic