FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sister Newly Diagnosed/Chemo worried

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2017 at 9:20am
I haven't been on this site since I began my first set ( of 4) of A/C. Just got Mon my third A/C. As much I was preparing myself through this site, it still hit you hard. The fatigue, the nausea, the métallique taste and lost of hair and mostly you like of control... we really fonction hour by hour,
My question now, is there anyone who ,like me , suffer from post polio disease ? I am supposed to have 4 treatments of taxol which can add to the neuropathy of the post polio. My oncologist only answered my questions Mon , telling me that he couldn't tell me for sure that the taxol will emplifie the existing neuropathy from the post polio. Living me the choice to do / or not the 4 taxol. I had early stage of TNBC.
Anybody faced the same dilemma?

Edited by Pina - Mar 16 2017 at 12:47pm
AustinTXTeacher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AustinTXTeacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2017 at 9:28am
I was there too! I know exactly how you and your sister are feeling. Each cancer patient has a different perspective on how they are going to approach their treatment. If it helps at all-this is how I managed by treatment. I always made it my second job to take care of my health, exercise, healthy eating, et...always went for my mammograms like clockwork. When I found out I had triple negative breast cancer, my only thought was "Let's get it out of me!". I had a double mastectomy, and it was already in the sentinel lymph node. I told my oncologist I wanted everything-the whole enchilada. I told him to hit it with everything he had! I was scared, but my oncologist team did a good job of dealing with side effects. I kept working,throughout chemotherapy and radiation so I would not deal have to deal with sad thoughts all day. Trying hard to keep to my "normal" routine helped me a great deal. The doctors and nurses were so helpful. I had many bad nights, but I had pills for that! The worst part for me was the hair loss. I had long hair. Gone. I hope that your big sister will find the support and help she needs to make it through. Blessings to you both.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic