FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singles Battling TNBC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dancerina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dancerina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 11:18pm
Hi Carol,

Thank you. I've edited my profile and re-posted in Welcome New Members as you suggested.  What does NED mean?

My older daughter came home tonight and cried about how upset she's been about my diagnosis.  Although I had wanted my feelings to be validated months ago, it felt terrible to see her scared and crying.  We hugged and I reassured her that I would be A-ok.

With God's help, I will be A-ok.  I will visit the spiritual forum.

Thanks again,

Dancerina
Age 53. Dx Jun 2010, IDC 1.3 cm & DCIS, stage I, no nodes; tx: lumpectomy & SNB, taxotere & cytoxan x4, radiation starting after Thanksgiving.
vickink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 1:55pm
Digging this post up from the 'past'.   I am single, live alone, have no children...so, I am not "like' the original poster.  I have read several of the posts in the forum here, and I thank you all that have 'forged' a path for those of us that are new to all of this.

I have a support group of sorts. My sister was lovely enough to drive 8 hours and stay with me for my first chemo treatment and several days after.   She will not be able to come down for my next one.  My father, who lives down the lane from me  (we live in a VERY rural area), is going to take me to my next treatment.  He's a wonderful man, but he's already complaining about the hour and a half one way trip and wants me to see if I can get treatments in one of the towns closer to me.  I'm paying for the gas etc...but it's TIME out of his day.  He has however been a real gem and has been taking care of my farm animals during my surgeries, and my last treatment.

My best friend lives in Oregon (I live in OK), and she's not taking my diagnosis very well, so we don't speak of it.  My sister, although very supportive, has a lot of family issues that she is dealing with , and I hate to impose on her at this time.  My job and the crew there have been very supportive, but there are things I just can't speak to them (or my father about), such as yesterday's event of pubic hairs falling out...

As the original poster said, it's at night when it's the hardest...but, I've my online friends that keep me occupied, forums, and my cats that are always a source of entertainment.

I know I will get through all of this. I'm VERY optimistic about it all..it's a speed bump in my life's road, and at the moment, I am high centered on that bump....chemo/radiation is the jack that will lift me up just enough to get over the speed bump and move on down the road.

No need to respond to this...just getting some of my clogged thoughts out of my chemo brain!!

Thank you to all of you that are here.
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 11:50pm
vickinc,

I don't usually look at the support section but did find your post today. Be sure and post as often as needed or in other sections where you may get more response. I know there are others in your position. It can feel terribly isolating. Let us know how you are fairing.

kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic