FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Single met/newly diagnosed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sara414 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Single met/newly diagnosed
    Posted: Jan 25 2017 at 10:05pm
Hello. I am a newbie. My onc and I accidentally found a chest wall reoccurrence and a positive paratracheal lymph node 6 months after completing my first treatment for stage 1 no nodes. Both measure less than 2cm so tiny. The paratracheal lymph node is positioned about a inch from chest wall reoccurrence but is considered in the superior nedistinal. My doctor says my case is rare because there is no organ involvement. I am so confused because they are treating this with a first line treatment; 4 rounds of AC and I think radiation. I am going to look at cyber knife or true beam to zap the paratracheal lymph node. Any one experience a similar case such as mine? I want to fight and live for my soon to be 12 year old daughter so I am not sure why they are treating it as curative since they told me Stage 4 is treatable but no cure. I called my doctor earlier this week and he is sticking to his guns on the 4 rounds of AC and I called my other doctor and she agreed stating I am on the most potent treatment. Paratracheal not biopsied mainly because I felt they were taking to long to treat. I set up my own port telling my doctor I was ready to get started! That they needed to do something and now! Hence, not getting the paratracheal biopsied. It would of been 8 weeks before treatment! I started chemo 5 weeks after biopsy of chest wall. I felt that was way too long. Just looking for cases like mine and treatments you were on. Thank you!!!!
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2017 at 8:09am
Sara414,

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this recurrence.  What treatment did you have the first time?  Was it the same chemo?  You said you accidentally found the recurrence.  Was this through a scan or were you having symptoms?

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Sara414 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2017 at 8:18am
I had a non related problem that led to a pet scan. I did 4 rounds of tc and now doing 4 rounds of AC. Looking for someone with a similar case. Doctors say they good thing there is no longer involvement but I want to make sure that doesn't happen!
Sara414 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2017 at 1:24pm
Major typo on my reply. Doctors say the good news is there is no major organ involvement so I hope to keep it that way!
Sara414 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2017 at 1:27pm
What type of reoccurence did you have and how did they treat it?
Sara414 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2017 at 2:15pm
One more question. My brother wanted me to ask what was you SUV on your Pet Scan when you found paratracheal lymph node? Mine was 6.2
thginknodnarb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thginknodnarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2017 at 10:09pm
Hey Sara414,

My wife, age 34, was diagnosed with Stage 3c TNBC / BRCA 2 Positive in April 2015. We did 4 rounds of AC and 4 rounds of Taxol, double mastectomy, hysterectomy, and 2 months of radiation.

One year after diagnosis, in April 2016, she discovered skin mets. Underwent radical surgery to remove her left chest wall. Before all had healed the skin mets had returned. 

She then has been on Xeloda, Carbo/Gemzar, Gemzar alone, and we start Halaven this week. Than being said....her cancer has never to this point gone any further than her chest wall and skin.

Hope it helps to know someone is in a similar situation.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic