FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking Taxol Advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bethie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bethie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2015 at 12:15pm
My treatment was 12 Taxol and will be followed by 4 AC. I actually finish my last Taxol this Thursday and I must say it has gone great. I have had very little in the way of symptoms and continued to work through it all. I am a hairstylist so it involves standing all day and moving around A LOT. Maybe that is what helped me? I am actually very nervous about starting the AC in 2 weeks so reading how well you did made me feel much better! I had mild numbing in my fingers and feet on and off but I find walking everyday has really helped with that. Getting my blood pumping and muscles moving has really helped a lot. I am getting a little more fatigued and feeling some muscle fatigue in these last few treatments. I am 56 so menopause is already here but I have had more hot flashes during this. I am allergic to Benadryl so they give me Claritin and Pepsid. The steriods did take their toll on me but they reduced them after they saw how well I was doing. I am told it will increase again with the AC though and not looking forward to sleepless nights!

I did not know about ice and booties and such so I did not do any of that and all of my nails are still looking and feeling great. I do have acrylics on my nails so maybe that played a role? I also still have some hair on my head. I started with extremely thick hair and probably have a 10th left but I got it cut short and it is fine out in public. I know that it will all fall out with the AC though and trying to wrap my head around that. Hard profession to be in for it!! Wink 

Thanks for giving me hope for my AC coming up, I hope my reply will do the same for you. I was shocked over how well I have done and very thankful for it. Let's hope my AC experience will be the same!!
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2015 at 11:54am
When my hair started growing back it was AWFULNESS.  It looked completely gray and it was super duper curly!  I hated it for the first 3 inches or so, I was so sad to have a complete change.  After that it straightened out and my color came back.  I have very dark thick hair, very straight.  I definitely have more silver than I did before, but other than that it's completely back to normal!  And I just hate cutting it now - it's like a problem.  It's very long, to the middle of my back.  I can put it up in a bun, in a pony tail - it's MY HAIR and I'm grateful I got it back :)
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic