Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Second opinion in Atlanta georgia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiana928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Second opinion in Atlanta georgia
    Posted: Sep 07 2016 at 11:08am
Hello everyone, im 33 years old and have a diagnosis of stage 3 triple negative breast cancer...i live in Atlanta ga and I am currently seeing Dr. Schwartz (surgeon) I'd like to get a second opinion but i don't have a clue on which doctor to go to....please help if you can with a referral..thanks in advance
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2016 at 5:30pm
We're on west coast but Emory has some referral services, and numbers to call, hope helps:

http://advancingyourhealth.org/cancer/tag/breast-cancer-awareness/

http://emoryhealthcare.org/breast-health/support/index.html

wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
Tiana928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2016 at 9:04am
Thank you so much
Pen123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pen123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2016 at 7:18am
Hi there.   I haven't posted before but have been following the forum since my own diagnosis in July of '15. I've currently completed my treatment having had a double mastectomy, chemo & radiation with reconstruction left to do.   I am in Marietta, Ga and will be happy to share my doctors if you want to private message me.   I know this is a difficult time right now navigating the next steps!
Penny
Tiana928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2016 at 9:59am
Hiiiii...im sorry that you are experiencing the same as i am....i dont know how to send private messages...but I'd be delighted to talk to you in further detail..thank you
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2016 at 11:31am
Tiana,

To send a Private Message to another member, just click on their name.  You should see a drop down menu box with a few options.  One is Send Private Message.  You can send your message and it will be kept private between the two of you.  

In addition you can send and read Private Messages by going to the "Member Control Panel" in the upper left side of the page.  When you select Member Control Panel, scroll down until you see Private Messenger and click on it.

Hope this helps,

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2016 at 11:34am
Some of our newer members may not know how to set up their Signature or Create an Avatar picture for their user name.  Here are some directions that I hope will help you.

To get your stats so that it shows up at the bottom of your posts like mine, just go to the upper left side of the screen and click on Member Control Panel, then Edit Profile.  Scroll down until you see Signature.  Type your information in the box as you'd want it to appear in your posts, scroll down and save/update your changes.

To get your picture in your Avatar, go to Member Control Panel, then Edit Profile.  Scroll down until you see Select Avatar.  You'll see a link to Upload Avatar.  Click on it and find the picture you wanto use that you've stored on your computer.

The TNBCF website limits the size of the avatar.  I took a digital photo I had stored on my computer and used the website below to resize it to meet the correct dimensions.  Once I did that, I saved the new image under a different name and then I was able to upload it.

I used this link to resize the picture ancreate an Avatar:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Tiana928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2016 at 1:22pm
Very informative...thank you so much
beanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2016 at 11:44am
Also, Dr. Lisa Carey at UNC and Dr. Kim Blackwell at Duke are both considered TNBC experts on the East Coast. They were recommended to us when we sought a second opinion. I'm not sure how far you wanted to go but they see patients from all over the world.
Tiana928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2016 at 11:58am
Yes thats a bit far and out of my reach but I thank you
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2016 at 1:33pm
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic