FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

School Health Insurance expiring!!! Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
I am healed! ㊂ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I am healed! ㊂ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School Health Insurance expiring!!! Help
    Posted: May 19 2017 at 3:17pm
Good afternoon everyone
I was recently diagnose with TNBC 6mm stage 1 , no spread to lymph nodes, grade 3 BRCA 1 positive. So I had switch to perdiem so I can complete my clinical rotation for my Master's program and was receiving health insurance through my school. My plan was to study for the boards and begin working but this gift I didnt ask for came 1 month before graduation. Now im worried because my school health insurance expires in August and I need coverage to help me pay for treatments. Talk about bad timing for all this to happen. I had big plans for after graduation: to get married, start a family;now everything is at a halt. Does any one have advice on where I can get help! I'm feel so depress thinking about this. My mom passed away due to breast cancer and I dont want it to be me.
Thanks guys! And stay strong 💪
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2017 at 11:11am
I Am Healed,

I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this at such a young age.  I'm glad they caught it early for you.  Are you under the age of 26?  Is your dad still alive?  If so, can you go on his insurance?  If not, check out the ACA to see if you qualify for enrollment.

Here are some other organizations you may want to contact to see if you can get some advice or assistance.

CancerCare
www.cancercare.org | (800) 813-HOPE
CancerCare is a national nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization that provides free, professional support services to anyone affected by cancer: people with cancer, caregivers, children, loved ones, and the bereaved. CancerCare programs-including counseling and support groups, education, financial assistance and practical help-are provided by professional oncology social workers and are completely free of charge. Founded in 1944, CancerCare provided individual help to more than 100,000 people last year, in addition to the more than 1 million unique visitors to our websites.

Cancer Legal Resource Center
www.CancerLegalResourceCenter.org | (866) THE-CLRC
The Cancer Legal Resource Center (CLRC) provides free information and resources on cancer-related legal issues to cancer survivors, caregivers, health care professionals, employers, and other coping with cancer. The CLRC has a national, toll-free Telephone Assistance Line (866-THE-CLRC) where callers can receive free and confidential information about relevant laws and resources for their particular situation. Members of the CLRC’s Professional Panel of attorneys, insurance agents, and accountants can provide more in-depth information and counsel to CLRC callers. CLRC staff members also provide seminars and attend outreach events in the cancer community, across the nation, including trailings for health care professionals.

Cancer Support Community
www.cancersupportcommunity.org | (888) 793-9355
The Cancer Support Community is an international non-profit organization dedicated to providing support, education and hope to people affected by cancer. Through its affiliate network which include Gilda’s Club and The Wellness Community, CSC offers a variety of personalized services and education for all people impacted by cancer. These free programs include support groups, counseling, education and healthy lifestyle initiatives. CSC’s support services are available online and through a network of 50 local affiliates with more than 100 satellite locations.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic