Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saying hello and about me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gwendolen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwendolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saying hello and about me
    Posted: Aug 14 2017 at 10:25pm
Hi I'm Gwendolen, 33yrs old, mother to two boys 7 & 8 and married to my high school sweet heart. I was diagnosed this year on January 10th with tNBC sTage 3. I found my lump in October 2016 and told myself if it didn't go away in a week I'd make an appointment. So of course it didn't so I saw my obgyn a few days later. Had my mamo in November and was told I needed a biopsy done. I put it off because the biopsy was going to be real expensive even with health insurance. But I found my awesome surgeon who worked with me on price for the biopsy. I never thought I would be diagnosed with breast cancer as I have no family history of it. Then to be diagnosed with TNBC! I was in complete shock when I heard those words and I remember my surgeons mouth moving but nothe hearing anything. I had gone to my appointment alone because I really thought it was going to be nothing. My tumor in November was 1.7cm after my biopsy it measured 2.8cm and then I had a another tumor pop up which was 1.7cm.

I did 4 rounds of ac and 12 rounds of taxol. After 4 rounds of ac both my tumors had shrunk by 80%. I had a bilateral mastectomy with immediate diep flap reconstruction on July 12th. I received my path report I had a 70% response to chemo and I still had no lymph node involvement. My oncologist called me last week and told me she thinks I should do more chemo since my response isn't what she was hoping for. Not sure what chemo I'll be doing until I see her. I just pray it helps and that it will help me be around a lot longer for my boys and family. I'm so worried about the recurrence happening.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic