Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sad news -passing of Kristian Strauss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TracyAMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyAMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad news -passing of Kristian Strauss
    Posted: Mar 13 2012 at 7:07pm
Dear TNBC friends

I just got back from being away for a few days to attend a  family wedding  so not sure if this very sad news has been shared yet on our forum.

Kristian (Kristi) Strauss was a member of our forum and someone I had the privilege to meet in person just over one year ago. Kristi was a lovely vibrant woman, mother and wife  who passed away on Sunday from metastasized metaplastic TNBC. Meeting Kristi in person - someone with the same type of BC and also went to the same clinic in Toronto - was very inspiring for me. 

Tracy in Toronto

Kristi's Memorial

Passed away at home with her husband, after a courageous and inspiring battle with cancer on Sunday, March 11th, 2012

KRISTIAN NICOLE STRAUSS

At the age of 42

Loving wife and best friend of Brad Strauss. Caring and inspirational mother of Tylar Nicole and her predeceased son Ethan. Beloved daughter of Dell and Robert Poliquin. Survived by her sisters Tamara (Todd) Talbot and Michelle (Ian) Wanless. Cherished daughter-in-law of Beth and Al Strauss.  Sadly missed by sister-in-laws Kim (Kurt) Baum and Marybeth (Troy) Bellehumeur and her nieces and nephews. Kristi‚Äôs strength, courage and hope were an inspiration to all who knew her and she will be dearly missed.

Friends may call at the

Ainsworth Funeral Home,
288 Noxon Avenue, Wellington
on Tuesday, March 20th from 1-3 and 6-8 p.m.

A Memorial Mass will be held at

St. Gregory the Great Roman Catholic Church, PictonOn Wednesday, March 21st at 2:00 p.m.

Rev. Thomas J. Thazhappally officiating.

Memorial Donations may be made to a fund established in memory of Kristi for her daughter Tylar.
( Please make cheques payable to Tylar Strauss and
they may be mailed to Ainsworth Funeral Home,
P.O. Box 235, Wellington, ON  K0K 3L0 )
Online condolences and donations at

www.ainsworthfuneralhome.com

TN&non-TN tumors April/10 Gr3&2;1 metaplastic
Rmast.1/9 nodes w/isolated t.cells
Taxotere&Cytoxan x6
Bone cancer 1980 age17;surgery&chemo AC+Methotrexate
BRCA-ve
On hormone therapy & Metformin Trial
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2012 at 7:32pm
I am so sorry to learn of this tragic news, my condolences to her family, another wonderful person lost to this horrific desease my heart aches . She is now an angel.
So very sorry,
Denise
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
bak94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bak94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2012 at 8:16pm
So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2012 at 8:30pm
My sincere condolences to Kristie's husband, children, family and all those who loved her.  So tragic to lose yet another wonderful young woman to this horrid disease.  Consoling to know she has Ethan in her arms again.  
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2012 at 8:48pm
I am so sorry.  No words, just tears for another life cut short and a family left without their beloved wife, mother, daughter, sister.  

Thank you Traci for notifying us.  You mentioned that Kristi was a member of this forum.  Do you know her screen name?

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2012 at 8:21pm
Traci,
Thanks for letting us know about Kristi's passing.  I am so sorry to hear this horrible disease has taken another young person with so much to live for! When will this stop? My condolences to Kristi's family and friends including us....May she be at peace knowing how much she touched every person she met.  God be with your family, Kristi I am sure you are with our Lord safe in the arms of Jesus.
God Bless,
Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2012 at 7:59pm
Dear Donna,
Kristi's stage name is "Kristian".... She posted a few times in Jan. 2011. She fought this monster for almost 4 years and it sounds as though she had at least 2 recurrences. In one post she commented about meeting Tracy at the Support Meeting.

My heart just breaks for these young families losing their mother's, wives, daughter's and on and on.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2015-9 yrs NED
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2012 at 9:49pm

Kristi, May you rest in peace.

With caring thoughts and deepest sympathy to Kristi's family and friends.

Grateful for today............Judy.
Debris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2012 at 1:53am
May Kristi rest in Peace. And may her family and friends find Comfort, Healing and Strength in His Grace, and In their memories of Kristi.
4/12 Xeloda/Tykerb
2 Carboplatin
12/11 Dx IA
9 Gemzar/Taxotere Dx IBC:FEC
5 Ixempra/Sprycel
2 25 Rad
10/10 BRCA1-/2suv
9 NED
6 Stg4 Grd3 many nodes no Sx/Rad. Taxol/Avastin
06/08 Dx DCIS 0/SN Rads/AIs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic