FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remembering Marijke Van Feet-Silvent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembering Marijke Van Feet-Silvent
    Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:39pm

Remembering TNBC Sister, Marijke Van Fleet-Silvent...

January 2013- Pregnancy-related breast cancer, found lump during last week of pregnancy. diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer with node involvement 3 weeks after giving birth. Nearly 4cm tumor.

Feb. 15, 2013- Started chemo first, AC hard time with nausea, tumor shrank
June 2013- Tumor started growing again rapidly during Taxol active treatment, Taxol stopped working. Stopped chemo treatments and scheduled urgent mastectomy
August 2013- scans clear
October 2013- bruised feeling pain on right side of head. Brain CT clear.
October 27, 2013- Intense "bruise pain" in chest/ribcage area. Cancer recurrence in both lungs, liver and bone
December 2013- Skull mets, protruding bulge on side of head. cancer spread to spine. Doesn't think the chemo is working. vision issues. Start full brain radiation.

"My toddler kissed me yesterday and said, "Mommy I hope your cancer gets better" and I just lost it!"

December 27, 2013- Cancer did not respond to Carbo/Gemsar chemo, spread to more organs and brain and increased in size my 20% in 8 weeks.

"Oncologist voiced the fear that has been in my head for weeks now -- that I have some crazy-strong-aggressive form of chemo-resistant breast cancer."

"...cry and ask God "Why? Oh why?" I HATE this damn disease and all the evil associated with it and the Hell it creates for families... words fail me when I try to explain how heartbroken I am about my two babies having to grow up without their mother because of this disease. God please give me more time... and help us to find a cure for this evil. Surely love can overcome even this evil. Please God, please..."

January 2014- Start Xeloda

Marijke J. (Van Fleet) Silvent, age 40, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, February 19th, 2014, in Leesburg, VA, after battling triple-negative breast cancer for over a year. You are missed by your TNBC sisters.

ashburn.patch.com/groups/obituaries/p/marijke-silvent-40

Edited by Melissa P. - Apr 17 2014 at 3:40pm
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:07pm
Hi Melissa,

Thank you for posting this piece about Marijke. Her story breaks my heart. I am so sad for her family - especially her two little boys who will never get to know their mom. Just devastating. May she rest in peace.

Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:20pm
Too many young ladies lately... and I know a few more on Hospice. May God be with us all.
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 10:14am
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for sharing Marijke with us. These young, vibrant mothers losing their lives to this terrible disease is too much. The children without mothers and the men without wives. It breaks my heart.
My condolences to her family and friends. May she rest in eternal peace.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:57pm
Dear Melissa,

I had the honor to spend 4 days with Marijke at a major cancer center some months ago. 

She was a brilliant, caring, funny woman. I miss her.

thanks, Melissa.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic