FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reconstruction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elenasabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elenasabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reconstruction
    Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 12:21pm
Hi ladies,

I wonder if anybody else has a similar experience.  Since I had very dense breast tissue and elected to have skin sparing mastectomy they had hard time excising on the right side and left me with some thin skin where the expander is not expanding. ON the left side they injected saline and was easier to cut away. SO now my expander look lopsided on the rightt. WIll the doctor be able to fix this when she puts the permanent implants. She says the skin has the tendency to bounce back and is not so sure what the final result would be. Kinda sad they are not completely simetrical :(

THanks
Elena

dx 10/07 @ 35yo
5cm IDC, grade III, TN - PET showed no other involvment.
neo-adj - 4AC, 12 Taxol.
5/2008 double mastectomy and SNB  -3mm left and 3 nodes negative.
8/2008 start radiation
then maybe more chemo ( who knows)
Galina2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galina2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2008 at 8:18pm
Hello, Elena, no I do not have similar experience.  I wish it will resolve good for you! I heard sometimes they need to go back and make adjustments. Good luck! Galina2
Believing is 50%!Dx 7/10/07, Lumpectomy 8/24/07, double mast/no recont. 10/01/07, IDC, 3 cm, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, Stage IIA, ER-/PR- HER2- Age 48, chemo 11/23/07 lung spots 3/08
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic