FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Putting Things in Perspective

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dragonwing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Putting Things in Perspective
    Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 12:39pm
Hey everyone:

I hope no one will take offense, but I am posting this to all of you that are willing to say a prayer for a young man.  His name is Zane.  He is one of our part-time lab techs.  He is in his 20s.  This event has really put things in perspective for me.  Yeah, I'm fighting cancer, but Zane is fighting for his life.

He was in a bad car accident this weekend.  In fact, he was ejected from the car and is in critical condition and in NCU.  On the 20th of this month, another dear friend of ours will be celebrating -- it has been 1 year since his motorcycle accident that almost took his life.  He is still mentally recovering.  The closed head injury has affected his short term memory, and he still has to take a nap every day so his brain can shut down for awhile.

Like I said, this has really put things in perspective for me.  Even through treatment, I have been able to work and enjoy my grandchildren -- yeah, I get tired once in awhile, and I've had a couple sick days, but even in the battle against cancer, I have never felt like my battle was a life/death matter.

But if you would say a prayer for Zane, it would be greatly appreciated.
Joyce
http://dragonzwing14.wordpress.com/
Infiltrating ductal carincoma w/ focal papillary features
Stage IIa, 3 cm
S Node neg,
Taxotere/Cytoxan x 6
33 radiation
BRCA neg Praise God!
Sunris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 12:54pm
Joyce,

I could not agree with you more hun. Consider it done!

Zane has now been added to my prayer list.
Dawn

Age 43 at DX

DX 3-09 IDC 3.9cm

TN-Stage2-Grade3

Taxolx9, FACx2, halted TX,

Lump.8-25-09..rads x 8wks.

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 1:15pm
Of course Joyce.

Our problems are real and valid.  But it is always good to remind ourselves to look around occasionally, many have it so much worse.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
dragonwing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 1:36pm
As I said, he is only in his 20s, and I know he doesn't have health insurance either.  According to his neighbor, who is also a student of ours, his Dad was driving.

This was part of the article in the South Bend paper:

Zane S*****, of Kalamazoo was a passenger in a vehicle that left the roadway at a high rate of speed, police say, before hitting the porch of a home and then rolling over into Crooked Creek late last week.

Zane was ejected when the vehicle hit the creek along Osborn Street near Calvin Township, Cass County officials said.

Cass County officials say alcohol did not appear to be a factor in the crash.  The other passengers were wearing seat belts, but police are not sure about Zane's.  The accident remains under investigation.

Edited by dragonwing - Jun 15 2009 at 1:38pm
Joyce
http://dragonzwing14.wordpress.com/
Infiltrating ductal carincoma w/ focal papillary features
Stage IIa, 3 cm
S Node neg,
Taxotere/Cytoxan x 6
33 radiation
BRCA neg Praise God!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic