Forum Description: A place to chat
URL: http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=6271
Printed Date: Mar 28 2024 at 4:40am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A story - I have to tell
Posted By: Autumn10182001
Subject: A story - I have to tell
Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 4:44pm
I have to tell you a story, you know, I haven't been working out for about 4 weeks... busy, sick, work, etc..   any way... God has given me so many messages,  about this.. one woman on the TNBC blog was writing about exercising,  I keep telling God I know I have to get back to it,  one of the daily AA reminders I got, spoke of exercise...  I would say something to Jenn almost every day.. about getting back to it.. and just wasn't doing it.. I even dreamed that I was running from Kingston, to Red Hook and then back home to Highland, one night.  It seemed like I was running, running and running all night that night.  (I actually said to someone in my dream, when they asked why are you running and I said from life..) 

Anyway, I took Novali shopping yesterday to Walmart in Kingston, for a bat, glove, ball and sneakers , (she is playing T-Ball and I am going to help coach)...  we were riding back home, and she was talking up a storm (Ok Ann, what else is new !),   telling me about fruits, and growing vegetables, and then about how the zebra is part of the horse family, and the she says.. Grandma, you now what ? and I said no Novali, What...?  and she says

if we don't exercise we die...! 

I looked up and said "OK God, I got it, I got it!"    Today I went to the gym and worked out for 50 minutes.

You have to love his persistence,  I feel like the guy who' lived next to the river that was flooding, first the fire dept came by to take him to safety and he said I am waiting for God to save me, then house was flooding, and a boat came by, and he said no I am waiting for God to save me,  then he was on the roof and a helicopter came to save him and he said.. No I am waiting for God to save me...  when he got to Heaven from drowning, he asked God, why didn't you save me   and God said.. I sent a fireman to get you, then I sent a boat to get you and then a helicopter..!! Hmmmm

Anyway I think I am going to write that statement on my bathroom mirror...  "If we don't exercise - we die" 

So each day I am going to post here what I did for exercise, and I ask you all to budge me when you see that I have not exercised for two days.. please..... I want to do this and I need people to poke me when I don't.. Please... 

-------------
DX2/99 Stg I,ER+PR+ Chemo lumpectomy - Neg nodes,rads, tamox,femara. DX4/09, Stg IIB /III, TNBC IDC, Grade III, 2.5CM, mastectomy. 4AC DD,12 wkly taxol,BRAC1&2Neg, Right Mast 11/25/09

Replies:
Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 4:45pm
Saturday :
20 min 2.85 mph, 1.5 incline,  10 min nustep lev 5, 10 minute bike cardio, level 5,  tread cardio 10 min (50 min total)

Sunday:

30 min 2.85 mph Random  25min nustep lev 7, 20 minute bike random  , level 5,  (75 Min total)

-------------
DX2/99 Stg I,ER+PR+ Chemo lumpectomy - Neg nodes,rads, tamox,femara. DX4/09, Stg IIB /III, TNBC IDC, Grade III, 2.5CM, mastectomy. 4AC DD,12 wkly taxol,BRAC1&2Neg, Right Mast 11/25/09

Posted By: mainsailset
Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 4:57pm
Huffing and Puffing Mainy here. Just got back from hike, I keep muttering to self, shouldn't I be like Lance Armstrong now, why can't I do more...ok, so I had a chocolate chip cookie too.  Keep at it girl, who knows what else you may discover about yourself now that you're on a road to good health! Cheers!

-------------
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear

Posted By: dmwolf
Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 5:20pm
That's great!  I love how everyone is exercising up a storm.   We just got back from a walk to a festival at a local park, and we hula hooped for quite a while in the sun, on the grass.  It was so much fun we bought hoops, big colorful ones with sparkly tape on them.  Yipee!  Walking home while hooping was quite the challenge. :)
d

-------------
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.

Posted By: 123Donna
Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 6:01pm
Autumn, 

Keep going and post often.  We'll jump in and give you some encouragement if we don't hear from you.

Mainy,

I'm inspired by your walks/hikes!

Denise,

Have you ever tried the hula hoop on the WII?  It's great exercise and I love it, although I've been very absent lately.  There is nothing funnier than walking into a room when someone is doing the WII Hula Hoop (without the actual hoop) and you just see them swirling their hips and arms around in a circle.

-------------
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Posted By: TNBC_in_NS
Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 8:27pm
Oh girls you guys are too much!  I started the Transitions Workshop After Ca Treatment every Tuesday night 6-9 and we have a coach who runs a boot camp!!! I have to laugh because exercise is what I need but after the Tues night sessions, I rest all week! ha ha ha....Also, I bought a hula hoop at Easter and it is still in the car?? I guess I need a boost too! Just not one to exercise but would scrub walls down pre-treatments....Lost all my strength to do much of anything.  So girls, check in with me too.  A little is better than none.  Go girls go!  YOU ROCK!  HUGS...xoxo Helen in NS

-------------
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear

Posted By: survivor
Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 8:50pm
I am at the 10.5 months since my last radiation treatment. Will I always question aches and pains of the breast ? My 6 month Mamm. was clear. Occasionally I still get super tired. Is this normal ?

-------------
"This too shall pass"
TNBC, Stage 2, no lymp
AC 8x-- T4x, 2008
removal of lump remains 2009
33 days of Radiation
6 month ck.up clear 2010

Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 8:55pm
Yeahhhhhh! 10.5 months is great! Congratulations!!! CLEAR mammogram, excellent.. Tired is normal...Your body is rebuilding itself so be gentle with yourself....Wink

Yes, we always question every ache or pain because of what we have been through and that is ok!
Your sister on the journey, Helen in NS

-------------
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear

Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 9:26pm
The woman I bought my Hungarian Puli pup from now lives in NS Canada. It is a small world after all.

I sometimes, when at work, get a cramp that moves up into the breast area. This had never happened before. Of course, I had never had surgery on the breast before either.

I am so glad I finally found TNBC group !!

2.5 cm. stage 2
no lymp. involment
ACx8 and Tx4  2008-2009
tissue removed where lump once was
Rad x 33 day 2009
6 month Mammo Clear

-------------
"This too shall pass"
TNBC, Stage 2, no lymp
AC 8x-- T4x, 2008
33 days of Radiation
6 month ck.up clear 2010

Posted By: Lillie
Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 10:06pm
Hello Survivor,

Congratulations on your 10.5 months.

I had a mastectomy and for at least a year I had pains and cramps and stabbing feeling in the surgery site. I had read that this is normal when nerves are cut or damaged during breast surgery. Also the lymph node area was and still is sensitive. I still have feelings in the surgery scar when I stretch. I would say that what you are feeling is completely normal.

Good luck with everything and give yourself a break with the fatigue. I worked for two years after I finished treatments and a lot of days I was thanking the Lord for giving me a job to go back to and so looking forward to the time I could lay my head down for a good nights sleep. The fatigue is normal.

I hope this helps with your questions.

Love in Christ,
Lillie

-------------
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED

Date Posted: May 03 2010 at 6:48pm
It does help to know these things are normal.
Thank you,
DeLois

-------------
"This too shall pass"
TNBC, Stage 2, no lymp
AC 8x-- T4x, 2008
33 days of Radiation
6 month ck.up clear 2010

Date Posted: May 03 2010 at 6:53pm
Today I worked out for 60 minutes...
30 min 2.85 mph Random on level 5,  5 min nustep lev 5, 25 minute bike random  , level 5,  (60 Min total)

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2010 at 8:23pm
Way to go Autumn.  Keep going!

-------------
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Date Posted: May 04 2010 at 10:39pm
OK today..  Jenn came with me to the gym. this was her first time, i got her a membership for Mothers Day..  so my work out wasn't for as long as normal, but if I go 3 or 4 times a week alone, and do 60 minutes or more, than when Jenn and I go (1 or two times a week) and it is only 45 minutes, I think that is still ok.. so here is what I did today.  I have to admit,  my legs were really tired today.. I think it is because it was the 4th day in a row... but it is what it is and I did a much shorter routine today.

10 min 3.0 mph Random on level 5,  20 min nustep lev 5, 15 minute bike random  , level 5,  (45 Min total)

I know this is all probably useless tidbits for everyone to read, but by posting my workouts, it is helping me stay motivated ...   so thank you for listening... and being ready to kick my butt if a couple days go by with out a work out post.  I know I won't tomorrow, as the evening is tied up and Thursday I will be coaching my gran daughter in T-Ball... so my next post will be Friday. My intention is to go to the gym before I pick up my grand daughter and then we plan on walking the walkway from one side to the other, that will be a 2 1/2 mile walk (slow that it may be since she is 5 1/2 and we walk slow, her tiny steps),  but it will still be a long walk after the workout.. So I will post Friday night.   Thanks again

-------------

Posted By: Lillie
Date Posted: May 05 2010 at 9:31am
Way to go Autumn. It is not "useless tidbits" if it helps you to stay motivated. Also, It points out to me that I need to step up my level of activity.

So! It's a win, win situation for all. Also, you take those precious slow 5 1/2 years old steps. You're making memories for your granddaughter that will follow her through life.

Love in Christ,

Lillie

-------------
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED

Date Posted: May 05 2010 at 7:44pm
Way to go Autumn!

You are doing exactly what you and the rest of us should be doing every day, including taking the baby steps!!! These are the most important steps to be taking!! As Lillie said "you are making memories with this precious child"!

You are making me more active (tired) just reading your posts...no really, I have begun to exercise too. Not on bikes or treadmills, but I do the Zumba now.. with a lot of steps, reaches, stretches, etc. so I am feeling better for it, but I am glad when it is over.  I find I can walk further now without getting winded, so that is a good thing.  I use the pedometer to measure the number of steps I do per day and that varies from day to day.  I forgot it this am and I did quite a number of steps, so they are lost on the pedometer but my legs are feeling it now, so it is all good!

Keep us in line!  It is good for all of us! Thanks Autumn, your sister on the journey, Helen in NS

-------------

Posted By: trip2
Date Posted: May 06 2010 at 12:32pm
Oh my gosh, I am exhausted reading all of this in my comfy chair.

Thank you Autumn for reminding us how important exercise is and yes please continue to post!

Poke, pokeHeart

-------------
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+

Date Posted: May 06 2010 at 12:35pm
Hi Delois,

It really does help to know that what you are going thru is normal.  That is just another reason why this forum is so helpful and supportive, we all understand.  When you think back to all that transpired it's no wonder it takes the body awhile to recover.

We are glad you found us, look forward to hearing from you,Heart

-------------
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+

Date Posted: May 09 2010 at 8:29pm
Hi ladies, yesterday and today Jenn and I went to the gym..  I have to tell you , I went so far off my diet today... we went out to brunch and there wasn't anything I didn't eat.. I really really blew it.. then we had dinner at Jenn's daughters and that was steak and mashed potatoes... well  food wise today was a bust.. I had.. (it would be easier to say what I didn't have), stromboli, omelet with pepper and onions, 1/2 bagel, 2 breakfast sausages, 2 bacons, penne ala vodka, fruit, coffee, eggplant rollatini... om gosh did I eat...then I had two small muffins one poppy seed one banana nut and for dinner I had a sliver of a chocalate mousse pie... i can't believe I did it so badly today.. now I am munchin on bagle bites and organic sour cream... 

well at least we did exercise... yesterday only 46 minutes I thought the gym closed at 10pm, but it was 8pm... so here is today and yesterdays... don't let me eat like that anymore... well maybe next Mothers day... Love Autumn

46 min total , 20 tread varied 3.0 mph , lev 5,   20  bike, lev 5 varied,      6 minutes nu step
70 min total , 30 tread varied 3.0 mph , lev 5,   20  bike, lev 5 varied,      20 minutes nu step

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2010 at 11:04pm
Mother's day does not count Autumn.  It is one of those 'freebie' days, like birthdays.  :)
Congrats on all the exercise!
(we all went a bit crazy this weekend too: I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say that many cocoa bean plants gave their lives, as did a swath of sugar cane, wheat, eggs and on and on)
-Denise

-------------
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.

Date Posted: May 10 2010 at 12:58am
Autumn,

I agree with Denise.  Mother's Day doesn't count.  We had breakfast at a fabulous french bistro.  I had the most wonderful omelet served with a streussel croissant that just melted in your mouth!  My dh had brown sugar & buttermilk blueberry pancakes that he shared with me.  It was wonderful, but I was feeling a bit guilty afterward.  Let's follow the 80/20 or 90/10 rule!   Enjoy!

Tomorrow it's back to the protein shake and gym!

Donna

-------------

Date Posted: May 10 2010 at 1:09pm
Hi All. this morning I went to the gym early.. did 50 minutes...  21 minutes on the tread mill, at 3.0 mph random prgram (1 mile),  and then 29 minutes on the bike (3.5 miles) level 5, random program. Some of the time on the treadmill I try and jog a little... so adding some goodness to the workout that way... Autumn

-------------

Posted By: outnumbered
Date Posted: May 10 2010 at 1:43pm
Autumn,

And everyone else out there...you guys are awsome.  I just cant seem t omake myself go to the gym.  My hulahoop sits in my bedroom, and my kids ocassionally come and use it.  I have so much to do, that I never seem to make the time.  Good for you for going and posting it here.  Thumbs Up

-------------
~Sara

DX @ age 40 6/24/08 Stage 1 Grade 3 BRCA1+ 187delAG

BMX (nipple-areola-sparing) 8/5/08

Redo BMX (remove nipple and areola) w/ Lat Flap 7/6/09

BSO 9/3/09

NED since 08/05/2008

Date Posted: May 18 2010 at 10:00pm
It has been a while since I posted exercise.. Last week from Monday night on (through Saturday afternoon), I was  building a picket fence. I bought each piece separately, stained each piece 3 coats worth,  and built a 96 foot long picket fence. 12 sections 8 foot each...  I wanted something that would last and I didn't want  it white, so I bought 140 slats, 24  2x3's,   and 13 4x4's. and build I did, so I didn't have much time for the gym. I had someone dig the holes for the posts and help install it, but I built it by myself.... so I didn't make it to the gym.    I am in Rochester NY, on business, so this week I am walking each day..  so here is this week so far....   Sun thru Tuesday....
60 minute walk (pok and RCH)
80 minute walk, Lilac festival and Rch site
45 miute walk hotel and site
I just finished my walk for tonight and I am ready for bed.. so off to it I am going to go.   I am getting a lot of anxiety about my own tnbc possibly returning... don't know why, maybe due to all the reoccurences here and my friend Joans neice, in her 30's,  just got dx again, this time mets to the bones, she did not have tn, but still she was 4 years out from her original dx.  I wish I could get the thought of this beast returning  out of my head....  ggggrrrrhhhhh...  Love Autumn 

-------------

Date Posted: May 19 2010 at 12:28am
Wow, that's great!   Sorry about the anxiety, though. 
love,
Denise

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2010 at 9:01pm
Autumn,

You are amazing!Heart

-------------
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+

Date Posted: May 20 2010 at 9:25pm
yesterday and today, I walked Lake Ontario Beach and pier..   yesterday was 50 minutes and today was 65...  it is a great park, and the pier goes way out onto the lake... absolutely beautiful.. a little hot today...   yesterday was less humid here... today was a little too hot and humid.. but I did it anyway.. I did have a small cup of frozen lemon yogurt.. boy was that good.. it reminded me of that great lemon cake at the Olive Garden restaurants... MMM MMMM  Good...  !!  I will head for home Saturday morning... so much to do there, mow the lawn, food shopping, relay for life band benefit that jenn and i are going to... and sunday my nephews confirmation...   and Monday my sister comes home for a visit.. don't expect to hear too much from me next week....   but I will still be praying for all of you..  

I had a talk with God yesterday and today while walking... what a beautiful world he give us...  I love God..   and  I thank him for all the blessings I get every day...  my love to each of you as well... autumn

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2010 at 9:26pm
yesterday and today, I walked Lake Ontario Beach and pier..   yesterday was 50 minutes and today was 65...  it is a great park, and the pier goes way out onto the lake... absolutely beautiful.. a little hot today...   yesterday was less humid here... today was a little too hot and humid.. but I did it anyway.. I did have a small cup of frozen lemon yogurt.. boy was that good.. it reminded me of that great lemon cake at the Olive Garden restaurants... MMM MMMM  Good...  !!  I will head for home Saturday morning... so much to do there, mow the lawn, food shopping, relay for life band benefit that jenn and i are going to... and sunday my nephews confirmation...   and Monday my sister comes home for a visit.. don't expect to hear too much from me next week....   but I will still be praying for all of you..  

I had a talk with God yesterday and today while walking... what a beautiful world he give us...  I love God..   and  I thank him for all the blessings I get every day...  my love to each of you as well... autumn

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2010 at 10:25pm
Autumn,

You are such an inspiration!  Keep it up.

Donna

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net