Print Page | Close Window

Adriamycin-anyone NOT have??

Printed From: TNBC Foundation
Category: TNBC Forums
Forum Name: Let's Talk About Chemotherapy
Forum Description: A place to discuss Chemotherapy
URL: http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=13182
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 3:00pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Adriamycin-anyone NOT have??
Posted By: amtreb
Subject: Adriamycin-anyone NOT have??
Date Posted: Aug 09 2017 at 9:01pm
I'm stage 1 TNBC initial mass measured 1.8 cm.
I have been very worried about adriamycin and when my initial echo came back w  low ejection fraction my doc started me on taxol instead. 

Ive had 8 dense doses of taxol with an initial response, but it has now stabilized. My onc felt we could go to surgery now and see what is really there, and do some genetic testing is there is any cancer left and follow up w more chemo if so. 

Just wondering if there are others out there that have NOT received the AC portion of the ACT combo?? I get vague answers from the multiple oncologists Ive seen.





Replies:
Posted By: Penny
Date Posted: Aug 10 2017 at 10:00am
I had TN Stage 1 with a .6mm tumor.  I had a lumpectomy with no node involvement and was put on the TC program but did not get the A.  The taxol was brutal on my first infusion with a major reaction.  I specifically asked my provider about the ACT protocol and he said with my stage and grade I did not need A. His words "triple negative stage 1 means TC".  Not sure if that helps, but we are both the same stage so maybe.  

Penny :)  


-------------
DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.



Posted By: amtreb
Date Posted: Aug 10 2017 at 10:37am
Thank you for your reply! Good to hear that somedocs hold off on the A for early stage. So confusing. I really don't want to take it but I also don't want to risk anything by not taking it.

I am leaning toward removing what's left and see if there is any active cancer, if so I'll consider the Adriomyicin.

Thanks anyothers out there??


Posted By: gordon15
Date Posted: Aug 14 2017 at 9:33pm
My wife got non-TNBC cancer in 2008, and she had TAC chemo, the "A" is the Adriamycin, then she got TNBC in her other breast in 2016, her oncologist told her there is a lifetime limit on how much a patient can have of Adriamycin, and she could not have the regular rotation of it, because,
although Adriamycin is effective (I'm not a doctor, this is just what I have read) it can cause damage to the heart muscle, so there is a lifetime limit and the doctors test the heart to make sure everything is fine.



 


-------------
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017


Posted By: Meadow
Date Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 2:24am
I had Stage 1 TNBC with a 1 cm tumor. My oncologist gave me a choice between AC/T (Adriamycin/Cytoxan followed by taxol) or just TC (taxotere+cytoxan) She showed me the statistics for recurrence (metastasis) for each. The chance of complete cure was a few percentage point higher for AC/T. However, AC/T carried a small risk of serious heart damage. I suppose this would be a tough choice for many, but I went for the AC/T because of the slightly higher chance of a complete cure.   Studies and statistics are based on many factors and could be different for you, but I encourage you to ask your doctor about them as it could help inform your decision.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.co.uk