FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jamielynn42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamielynn42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE HELP
    Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 8:59pm
Hi everyone....
My best friend who is 43 had TNBC....she just celebrated her 5th year of being cancer free in April and now in June her pet scan came back showing 4 lymph nodes glowing...she went for a biopsy and it came back that she has breast cancer again.  Her oncologist was very aggressive in treating her the first time around...she had a mascectomy (sp) and chemo.  She was told that the chances of it coming back were 5%....and here we go again.  Because several of the lymph nodes are under the clavical bone....her sternum would have to be severed and it would be a very intensive surgery and recovery, they have decided to start her on chemo...1x per week for 6 months starting next week.
My question is.....has anyone else gone through this a 2nd time.  They have staged her at 4 because it came back....I am sooooo confused and want to make sure they are doing everything they can for my friend.
She is one of 2 bff's that I have.  The other is 50 and is also going trhough chemo right now for breast cancer, except hers is not TNBC....but she goes every other week for 5 hours of chemo.  God Bless my bff's and all of you.
Any info you could give would be very much appreciated!
Thank you!
jamielynn42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamielynn42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 9:05pm
PS- they are also possibly talking about radiation after the chemo....just trying to get through chemo right now....sooooo much info her head was spinning.
CarynRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarynRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 9:09pm

A second time, and a third time, and a fourth time.... and soon, a fifth time.  It's just about taking it one step at a time, one day at a time.   With Stage 4 TNBC, you need to be proactive and catch things early.  I know that some conventional wisdom says otherwise, but my doctor and I have done well to monitor everything.

I was originally dx'd with mets in June of 2007.

Caryn
Orig dx 6/03 - St.2a, IDC
gr.3,0 nodes, TNBC/BRCA1+
7/07 St 4 mets to nodes/lungs. PACA/Rads NED 11/07-10/08
Lepto mets 10/08
Rads for 4 brain tumors 4/10.
Leptomets return 6/10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic