FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Give Us Your Facts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
PrinV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2007 at 6:28am
1/   How old are you - 34 now, 33 at dx
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived - North Carolina
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being
       triple negative - Invasive Ductal Carcinoma - stage IIB, Grade 3, 1+/14 nodes. 
4/   What is your blood type - 0 positive
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker - non smoker; occasional drinker.
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer - grandmother - lung cancer
7/   How many pregnancies have you had 5 pregnancies, 1 live birth
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :    Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer - none
10/  How was your cancer first discovered - BSE.
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur - no
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed - never - too young
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it - no
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed - no
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - none
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed no
Etc.   

1) Have you ever been on birth control?  yes For how long?  on and off for 15 years What kind? 
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? Yes For how long? 3 months
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? - yes
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2?  - yes, BRCA1+ (from father passed through male side, that's why no family history
5) Exercise and diet? exersice and healthy diet before and after dx
6) weight? - 120 at dx, 113 now
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2007 at 9:44am

1. 45 at dx......52 now

2. California, always

3.IDC 2 cm. stage 1, grade 3

4. O +

5.social drinker, generally wine, maybe a couple glasses a month. Occasional smoker, depending on stress. a pack or less a week. Sometimes months and years w/o.

6.my mother passed away from ovarian 2 weeks before my dx.
7.3 pregnacies, only 2 to term
8.All the usual childhood diseases, those listed
9.no symptoms
10. felt lump while showering
11. no reoccurance [it has been 7 years !]
12.I had had a couple. It had been 18 months prior from when I found my lump
13.no blows
14.no, was still having regular periods
15.none, extremely healthy other than stress
16. no antibiotics

1. yes I took BC in my early 20 for 5 years at the most
2. Yes, I breastfed, 13 months the first time, 16 months the second
3. yes, dense breasts
4. Negative for BRCA 1 & 2
5. I eat healthy although overweight and excersize regularly and have for 15 years before dx. I run 5 days a week and do other cardio and weights, time allowing
16. 30 lbs overweight
dixiegal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixiegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2007 at 12:19pm

I am new to this site today -- and thought your survey questions were insightful and responses would be useful to someone looking at the entire triple negative group of responders...
1/   How old are you --- 55 yrs old
2/   Where were you born and where have you lived  -- born in Minnesota and have lived here most of my life
       triple negative -- invasive ductal carcinoma
4/   What is your blood type  -- A
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker  -- only occasional drinker
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer -- yes, one of my 4 sisters currently has stage 4 renal cancer on her hip bone and in lungs
7/   How many pregnancies have you had  -- none
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox   -- all of these listed
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer  --NO
10/  How was your cancer first discovered -- mammogram on 2/14/07
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur  -- just diagnosed on March 8, 07, still in treatment
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed-- annually until year 2000; then I didn't have another one till Feb 07
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it  -- NO
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed -- NO
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on  -- BP medications only since 1 month before diagnosis
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed  --- no

-- RE: Birth control pills -- took them from age 21 thru 35 with a few breaks in-between.  Stopped taking them after severe headache side effects at age 36.
-- RE: breast tissue -- do have dense tissue.
-- Family history--my grandmothers, mother and 4 other sisters have not had any breast cancer diagnosis.
Etc.   

Edited by dixiegal - Oct 14 2007 at 12:23pm
Syppie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syppie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 5:59am
Hello
I am new to the site -- here are my stats

1. 43 at dx......44 now

2. I've lived in Ohio, Virginia, Florida and now in North Carolina

3.  Stage IIIC; Invasive Lobular;19/19 positive nodes; grade 3; Extensive Lympho Vascular Invasion; Multiple tumors

4. not sure

5.social drinker 

6. Grandmother passed away with colon cancer; Mother has bc

7.  3 pregnacies, only 1 to term

8. Mumps, measles, chicken pox

9. no symptoms of BC did mammograms yearly

10.  awoke at 2:00 AM with hand on lump in left breast

11. Just finished treatment in August

12.Yearly

13. not that I recall

14.no, was still having regular periods

15.none, extremely healthy other than stress

16. no antibiotics

17. Never took birth control pills or hormones

18. Yes, I breastfed, 6 months

19  Dense breast tissue

20. Negative for BRCA 1 & 2

21. I eat pretty healthy have a bit of a sweet tooth but not out of control
Not overweight although gained weight from chemo - had alot of water retention during chemo and I can't get rid of all of it 
Liliana View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liliana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 6:38pm
1/   How old are you  42
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived Born in South America,  Lived in Chicago, then Houston
       triple negative Stage 1, DCIS 3cm, Invasive 1.9cm
4/   What is your blood type  A+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker  Occasional drinker, never smoker
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer  Father stomach cancer, Paternal aunts 3 out of 4 with breast cancer--2 of the three died--I believe it was because it was too late in the diagnosis
7/   How many pregnancies have you had  2
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox  chicken pox, bronchitis
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer  Yes, sensations pulsing or "electrical" in around the tumor area of left breast a few months before tumor was taken out, sensations have decreased down to zero after lumpectomy and 2nd AC chemo combined.
10/  How was your cancer first discovered  self examined
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur  No, this was my first diagnosis
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed Yearly
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it  I don't think so
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed  No how are they checked?
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on  only Nexium for stomach ulcers, and Exedrin for tension headaches during the cylces--sometimes similar to migraines
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed Yes

Birth control pills L'Ovral for about 9 years on and off
I had 2 children, now 11 and 10 years of age
breast fed both up till 6 months
Positive for BRCA 1

mckell1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckell1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 6:01am
1/   How old are you  34,33 at dx
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived louisville, ky.
       triple negative Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
4/   What is your blood type A-, RH-
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker Was both, rarely drink anymore
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer Yes, father had lung cancer.
7/   How many pregnancies have you had 3
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer Lump and tired, mostly I think I was tired from having 3 children.
10/  How was your cancer first discovered Found it myself while breastfeeding 2 week old.
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur N/A but have been NED for over 1 yr.
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed Never, not old enough (by their terms)
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it  Not that I remember
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed No
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on Birth control on and off for 15 yrs. Depo for 1.5 yrs.
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed No

1) Have you ever been on birth control?  For how long?  What kind? See question 15 I think one was Orthotricyclen.
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed?  For how long?Only breastfed for 6 weeks, last child. 
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? Yes, my ob/gyn also said I had fibrocystic breast tissue about 8 years ago. 
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2? Yes, negative.
DX 7/06 Stage II IDC 2 cm,1+/20 nodes BRCA-. 6 TAC finished 12/06.
elsad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2007 at 8:07am
1/   How old are you-46, 45 when diagnosed.
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived -Gwinnett County Georgia
       triple negative-Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma Grade three tumor with two positive lymph nodes
4/   What is your blood type-B+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker-Do smoke
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer-Lung, Brain
7/   How many pregnancies have you had-1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox-All of the above
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer-Just found a huge knot that didin't hurt.
10/  How was your cancer first discovered-I found it.
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur-Only been a year.
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed-once a year sometimes twice a year for fibrocystic disease.
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it-Yes in the chest
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed-Yes
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on-Atenenol, cymbalta
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed-No

Edited by elsad - Oct 28 2007 at 8:14am
jenngo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenngo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2007 at 9:16am

Hi girls -
I am very new here and have found the survey very interesting.  I am amazed at the ages of everyone here - I hope it's okay if I add another dimension to the survey that I have oftened wondered about in my own diagnosis.  I am a psychotherapist and noticed in reading the responses how many of us were on antidepressants when diagnosed.  Since the ages many of us are when we were diagnosed would put us in the catagory of married with small children, that being an unusually stressful time of life, I wondered if (as in my own life) there were marital probs, anger and resentment, depression, or any other psychological traumas that may have been present two or so years prior to diagnosis.  All of those were definately present for me, two young children, marital tension and stress, angry grudges being held inside of me towards family members, ect...
Since I cannot take anything for my trip neg state, I also along with vitamins, veggies and excercise,  focus a lot on my emotional well-being.  I think anger and resentment suppress the immune system and I try to be very aware of my stress level and my emotional state.  I would be so interested to hear about this from people if they are comfortable sharing this - thank you!

One other question, if you took adriamycin are you in menopause or have you developed heart issues?  I am in menopause and do now have heart issues.
Okay - Here's my info -

1/   How old are you? 42, now 39 at dx.
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived?Born NYC, raised in Bergen Cty NJ, lived in Central Jersey past 10 years.  College in Allentown PA
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer other than TN?  75% IDC,25% DCIS , Stage 3, Poor Differential Grade 34 cm tumor, Left Breast, 20 positve nodes of 26
4/   What is your blood type? O-
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker? Drank and smoked in HS and college.  Smoked a lot of pot in college, nothing since age 20 except for very occasional drinking.
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer? Yes - On Maternal side: GM died of BC age 80, Aunt Died BC age 70, 2nd Aunt Died of OVarian age 75, she was BRCA1 - her two daughters, one diag BC age 51 - ER+, on Tamoxifan, recurrance after 4 1/2 years, died at age 57 mets to bone, and brain.  Her other daughter, BRCA1 - now in tx for colon cancer.  MY mother - BC 1 year after me, she is Triple Neg as well - she and I are bother BRCA NEG.  Paternal GM - luekemia
7/   How many pregnancies have you had? 3 preg, two live births
8/   What childhood diseases have you had?  Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer? I was diagnosed with lupus 6 months prior to my BC diagnosis,  I was feeling exhausted with severe pains in my hands and wrists
10/ How was your cancer first discovered? Had pain, reached over in the shower and found two hard palpaple lumps, one in breast and one in armpit
11/ Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur? NO - diagnosed 9/10/04 -three years clean this past Sept!!
12/ How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed? Yearly since age 40
13/ Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it? Flipped over the handle bars on my bike in 8th grade, broke my wrist
14/ Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed? No
15/ Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on? I had started on Synthroid three weeks prior to finding the lumps.  This was because for about 7 yrs I had nodules on my thyroid.  About 7 months before dx I had a biopsy on my thyroid and was still getting over the fear that I had thyroid cancer.  I also was and still am on Ultracet for the pain in my joints that I thought was from the lupus but now think a lot was from the chemo.
16/ Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year?Probably because the flu season before my then 3 and 6 yr old had strep and every other cold ect that I am sure I did.
1) Have you ever been on birth control? Yes, from 19- 27 ortho-novom, triphasil
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? For how long? Yes, breastfed 13 months and 10 months
3) Do you have dense breast tissue?YES
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2 negative
5) Exercise and diet? Before BC - poor diet always about 130 after kids about 160, minimal exercise. NOW EXCELLENT Veggie diet, occasional wine not much excercise. Lost all the weight due to chemo making me not want to eat, have been 130 past two years since tx ended.

Jenn

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2007 at 6:31am
Welcome Jenn,

I was diagnosed a couple of months ago with congestive heart failure and feel like Adriamyacin is to blame but that is just my feelings.  I took it in 03.

I'm one of those who was older, 56, the first time I was diagnosed so I didn't go thru menopause but my 39 yr old daughter was diagnosed earlier this year and just finished her treatments.  About a month ago she had a hysterectomy and is having problems with hot flashes.

But that doesn't really answer your question.  I do remember about your age I did go thru pre-menopausal experiences.

As you mentioned there are alot of younger members that have been diagnosed on our board so hopefully they'll come along soon and answer your question specifically.

You might go to the Talk board and start a new topic so they'll be sure and see your question. Smile

Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2007 at 8:26pm
Jenn,
I had AC in the spring of 2001. It definitely put me in menopause which I  looked upon as  being a bonus  for going thru treatment.

I have not had any heart problems. Even  at that time they would not do more than 4 rounds because more than that could be detrimental to the heart. I did have a stress test, fairly soon after, which came out perfect. The problem was eventually dx as esophogeal spasms which I had never had prior.

Kirby
3neg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3neg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 12:15am
1/   How old are you 52

2/   Where were your born and where have you lived born in Chicago Illinois and have been living in Israel for over 20 years.

triple negative Invasive Ductal

4/   What is your blood type AB+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker have never smoked but I drink a glass or two of white wine a week. does that count?
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer no

8/   What childhood diseases have you had :  chicken pox, measles

9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer had a lump I felt

10/  How was your cancer first discovered I found the lump

11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur no evidence of cancer recurring

12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed had ultra sound at age 45 and mammogram at age 48 or 9 and then at 50 when I was diagnosed

13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it  no

14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed no
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on aspirin and Buticort for asthma
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed no
Etc.  
shellieh51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellieh51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2007 at 2:23am
/   How old are you - 55 at dx
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived Hastings NE - Denver CO for at least 30 yrs., minimally time in Sparks NV and Colo Springs as an army air corp brat
       triple negative IDC
4/   What is your blood type
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker No, former smoker.  Drinks 2-3 month
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer YES
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox  Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer Slight pain
10/  How was your cancer first discovered I found tumor
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur No - only one year out
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed Annually since age 24 when first B9 tumor was removed - same breast
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it No
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed Is this to see if I was menopausal?  If so, yes and I was pre
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on Prozac, Triazalom for sleeping
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed Good question.  I think so
Etc.   
dx 11/6/2006 1.5cm IDC, Gr3, TN, BRCA-, lump, partial breast rads 1/2007, 4 AC, 12 wkly Taxol. Completed tx 8/2/2007. NED 12/2007. Malignant parotid tumor 4/2008. Clear head 4/09 & bones 11/08 -
Suzanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2007 at 4:08pm
1/   How old are you? 57, 56 at dx

2/   Where were your born and where have you lived? born and raised in Austin, Texas, went to college in Colorado, and have lived in Kansas, San Antonio, Washington D.C. suburb, and San Francisco Bay area

3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer other than it being
       triple negative? IDC, 1.56 cm, stage 1

4/   What is your blood type? A+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker? have never smoked and used to drink a glass or two of wine per month 
6/   Has anyone else in your family had any kind of cancer? no

7/   How many pregnancies have you had? 1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had?  chicken pox, measles

9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer? no

10/  How was your cancer first discovered? annual mammogram

11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur? no evidence of cancer recurring; 10 months since diagnosis

12/  How often did you have mammograms before you were diagnosed?  almost yearly since 2000

13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it?  no

14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked prior to being diagnosed? no
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on? none, other than calcium and multi-vitamins
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year before you were diagnosed? yes
17/ Have you ever been on birth control?  For how long?  What kind? yes, about twelve years, several types
18/ If you have children, did you breastfeed?  For how long? yes, about 1 yr.
19/ Do you have dense breast tissue? no
20/ Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2? tested but negative 

21/ Exercise and diet? I exercise (aerobics and light weights) about six hours per week.  My diet is good - little meat, no fast foods, and no transfats.

22/ Weight?  in average range for my height (5' 10 1/2")
1/2/07 IDC, stage 1 (T1c), 1.56cm, lumpectomy 1/8/07, triple neg., grade 3, sentinel lymph node biopsy negative, BRCA 1/2 negative; 4 AC/4 Taxol dose dense, 30 rads 2/07-7/07
Indi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2007 at 12:36am
I don't think age, size, grade, stage, childbirth, location or anythings has a thing to do with triple negative hormone breast cancer.  I think it has to do with environment, defective receptors, and the unwilling research given to this odd form of cancer. 

If I believed in this poll, I would take the survey, but I've taken zillions of worthless surveys and they accound for nothing.  The fact is, scienctist and physicians are taking the easy way out by using these rediculous polls to avoid the reality of what the possible genetic, environmental, and ineffective treatments to which we are subjected. 

I don't think they care.  I don't think anyone cares.  The only ones who care seem to be those who love the patient suffering from this deviation of breast cancer.  Give us some anwers, give us some truth.  I've seen enough polls; we need research, brilliance and a serious, honest approach to the reality of what triple negative hormone receptor breast cancer's origins and treatments will once day bring about a sensible and forthright answer.

Sorry, but I am tired of all this nonsical trasj which we all seem to wade thogh.

Sorry for my nefgatife attude, but I hae  ekpifj/ 

Omdo
AnitaC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnitaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2007 at 6:10pm
1/   How old are you  60, diagnosed at age 58
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived  born Rochester, NY lived in Boston Ma  5yrs. and Orlando Fl
       triple negative  Poorly differenciated ductal carcinoma, right breast no nodes involved  Stage 1   
4/   What is your blood type O Positive
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker  Wine or mixed drink occasionally  never a smoker
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer  Fraternal Grandmother breast cancer,  Maternal Aunt  breast cancer, mother colon cancer, both grandfathers cancer, maternal uncle lukemeia
7/   How many pregnancies have you had  3  one miscarriage two children
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox  Chicken Pox, Measles, Scarlet Fever
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer calcifications 3 yrs prior to Breast Cancer
10/  How was your cancer first discovered     I found lump between mamograms
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur   No
12/  How often did  you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed Every year
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was itNo
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosedNo
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on  Levoxyl, Zyrtec, Nexium
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed  Yes
 I wanted to add:  Hodgkins Disease at age 32 stage 2  6 wks radiation

AnitaC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnitaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2007 at 6:11pm
1/   How old are you  60, diagnosed at age 58
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived  born Rochester, NY lived in Boston Ma  5yrs. and Orlando Fl
       triple negative  Poorly differenciated ductal carcinoma, right breast no nodes involved  Stage 1   
4/   What is your blood type O Positive
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker  Wine or mixed drink occasionally  never a smoker
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer  Fraternal Grandmother breast cancer,  Maternal Aunt  breast cancer, mother colon cancer, both grandfathers cancer, maternal uncle lukemeia
7/   How many pregnancies have you had  3  one miscarriage two children
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox  Chicken Pox, Measles, Scarlet Fever
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer calcifications 3 yrs prior to Breast Cancer
10/  How was your cancer first discovered     I found lump between mamograms
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur   No
12/  How often did  you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed Every year
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was itNo
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosedNo
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on  Levoxyl, Zyrtec, Nexium
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed  Yes
 I wanted to add:  Hodgkins Disease at age 32 stage 2  6 wks radiation

Broni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 7:41am
1/   How old are you 45

2/   Where were your born and where have you lived -Melbourne Australia, lived in every state of Australia exceptTasmania and Western Australia

triple negative- IDC

4/   What is your blood type - B Neg

5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker -  moderate drinker, smoked one pack of cigarettes in my lifetime

6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer - father has multiple myeloma and prostate cancer, aunt and uncle with bowel cancer, uncle with prostate cancer, uncle with bone cancer (all paternal side)

7/   How many pregnancies have you had - 3 pregnancies, 1 miscarriage, 2 live births

8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox - measles, german measles, chicken pox,

9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer - lump in breast which was not picked as suspicious at first mam/us - reason given as dense breast tissue, lots of women have it, so don't worry

10/  How was your cancer first discovered - second mam/us 2 years after first one - had light pain and tenderness under the arm. Core biopsy and fnd confirmed diagnosis

11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur - only diagnosed Sept 07

12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed- only my second one

13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it - yes - got the breast with lump whacked by a car door being opened, probably 4 months before 2nd mam.

14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed - no 

15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - nil

16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed - no was always healthy!!

Edited by Broni - Nov 20 2007 at 7:42am
Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 2:36pm

1/   How old are you? 37 (33 at diagnosis)
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived? New Zealand
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being
       triple negative? Invasive Ductal
4/   What is your blood type? 0
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker? smoked 10 years ago, social drinker
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer? No
7/   How many pregnancies have you had? 3
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox? Chicken pox, glandula fever
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer? lump
10/ How was your cancer first discovered? Clear Mammo,ultrasound and fna, core biopsy confirmed
11/ Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur? no
12/ How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed? too young (33)
13/ Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it? no
14/ Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed? yes
15/ Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on? birth control pill
16/ Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed? yes
dddd

Edited by Jane - Nov 25 2007 at 2:39pm
Arnica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 3:11am
1/   How old are you
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived
rural Colorado, Denver near Rocky Moutain Arsenal for 10 years when they were actively storing chemical weapons (exh has prostate cancer) / back to rural Colorado 
       triple negative - IDC
4/   What is your blood type/ not sure
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker
quit drinking 20 years ago - quit smoking 7 years ago
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer
no immediate family
7/   How many pregnancies have you had - 2
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :  
Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox - so did practically everyone my age in the days before vaccinations! :)
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer -
Fatigue, general feeling of being unwell,
Interesting that other women also say they were tired for a year or more, since the docs keep saying we "don't have symptoms" of breast cancer. I had been going to the doctors for 2 years telling them I didn't feel good and having all sorts of tests - that missed cancer. I iimmediately felt better/ different after mass was removed.)  I also had PAIN where the mass was growing but keep hearing "if it's not painful, it's not cancer." 
I also had dreams of my home being invaded for at least a year (by evil people, evil spirits, wild animals, etc.)

10/  How was your cancer first discovered  mammo - ultrasound

11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  . . . DX in May 2007

12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed/ Annually but had skipped the last year

13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it/ I fell off a skateboard & hurt my hip when I was 38! don't think that's related -- except that it is a source of INFLAMMATION which I think is related and was chronic before the DX.

14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed/no

15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on/ dilantin, asthma meds

16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed/ yes

BUT ALSO, when I was little we used DDT to spray for flys in our barns. I live by irrigated fields which have ariel applications of herbicides and pesticides and the spray comes close enough that it kills trees and shrubs on the perimeter of my acerage.  I ate some lead paint when I was a baby.  I started coloring my hair before 1964. I have used lotions, makeup, and shampoos that contain ingredients known to be carcinogens in lab animals and that are banned in the EU but still being sold in the U.S. 

We are exposed to toxins that make us toxic and then they use toxins to treat us.  In this kind of environment, where do we even begin a discussion like this?

Arnica

Edited by Arnica - Nov 27 2007 at 3:22am
Galina2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galina2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2007 at 8:03pm

Another question: What chemo treatment you are getting?

What strikes me is the FATIGUE most of us have!!!!

Second, we are mostly younger, around 45-48!

I had fatigue for years and was even treated for that, I thought it was the "fatigue syndrom" or low Fe.

Believing is 50%!Dx 7/10/07, Lumpectomy 8/24/07, double mast/no recont. 10/01/07, IDC, 3 cm, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, Stage IIA, ER-/PR- HER2- Age 48, chemo 11/23/07 lung spots 3/08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic