FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PET Scan reveals lytic skeletal metastases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laxminarsimha_ForMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laxminarsimha_ForMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PET Scan reveals lytic skeletal metastases
    Posted: Apr 22 2015 at 2:01am
Dear Team,

My mother is diagnosed with MBC (Lugns and Brain Mets) and she is on Gemcitabine and Carboplatin from Jan'2015 to till date. In April, recent PET scan revealed below impressions.

1. Metabolically active enhancing left adrenal deposit measuring 25*22 mm with SUV max of 11.2
2. Multiple metabolically active retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy.
3. Multiple metabolically active lytic skeletal metastases.

Doctors are suggesting Gemcitabine and Carboplatin to treat the above. Can anyone please suggest the Drugs involved in treating the above. Is Radiation Therapy is necessary? My mother is having heavy back pain these days.

What are the diet, keeps bone healthy and prevents bone pain and bone metastases?

Thanks and Regards,
Laxminarsimha.M
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2015 at 7:55am
Are they suggesting adding Zoledronic Acid (Zometa) or Denosumab (Xgeva) for the bone mets?

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laxminarsimha_ForMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2015 at 2:31am
Dear Donna,

Doctors are suggesting Gemcitabine and Carboplatin combo for Bone mets. Even they are not preferring radiation. I will ask @ Zometa and Xgeva on my next visit by this weekend. Any idea on home remedies for bone cancer patients?

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laxminarsimha_ForMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2015 at 8:48am
Dear Donna,

As discussed with doctors, they are treating bone metastases with Idromet 6 MG (Ibandronic 
acid) on every day 15 of chemo cycle along with Gemcitabine and Carboplatin. Please let me know if you have idea on these.

Please provide some guidance towards handling the side effects caused by Gemzar.

In previous cycles (in first three cycles), there were no major side effects. But in fourth cycle, she is suffering from heavy back pain, chest pain, soar throat and vomiting sensations.

Please review and advice.., bone metastases diet and prevention remedies if any. 

Thanks

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2015 at 4:01pm
I'm sorry, I don't have any information.  When I had Gemzar, along with Carboplatin, I did not suffer those types of side effects.  It may have been the pretreatment meds as I never suffered nausea with chemo.  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2015 at 9:13pm
Dear Lax,
Does your mother have any temperature along with the side effects. Has she had her blood counts checked since these symptoms appeared. Some people suffer with Urinary Tract Infections that make them really sick. That is a possibility. I also had Gemzar but never had the side effects you mentioned.

Good Luck and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
btstark2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btstark2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2015 at 9:57am
Dear Lax,

I am sorry that I don't know of home remedies to stop the pain and vomiting.  Depending on where the bone mets are exactly, they could be causing some of the pain in the back and chest.  I would ask for presrciption medicines for the pain and vomiting to help keep your mother more comfortable. And of course as Lillie said, I assume that her medical team is checking her for infections and give antibiotics if there are any.   It must be awful to see her suffer, and I pray for peace and strength for you both and healing for your mother.

Peace be with you,
Beth
2008 Stg1 TNBC, LX, FEC+T, rads
2010 2.5cm tumor BRCA-, BMX,CMF
2011 LN mets, Gem/Carbo, surgery, rads
2012 lung mets, PI3Ki/taxo
2013 anti-PD-1
2014/15 Xeloda, IMMU-132, eribulin
Aug 2015 Keytruda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic