FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pam (trip2) is back!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pam (trip2) is back!!!
    Posted: Oct 17 2007 at 9:26am
Hey Ladies,

Just wanted to let everyone know that Pam (trip2) is backClapClapClapClapSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
I am sure that she will fill all of you in.

Nancy

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2007 at 9:52am
Thank you Nancy, you are the sweetest!

Just had a hospital stay for awhile but home recovering and on the upswing so hope to be in here more often now.  I've sure missed you all
and isn't it wonderful to see the new members, hear about the magazine articles, boy I've missed so much.

Hugs to you all.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
PineHouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PineHouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2007 at 12:22pm
Pam, you certainly scared us.  But I'm glad you're back and you've completed Taxotere.  Now you can concentrate on nursing yourself and getting better everyday.

Big hug!
Stage IV lung-06/06 brain-12/08 BRCA1 TNBC
Avastin+Taxol,Carboplatin,PARP-Inhibitor,Navelbine+Xeloda,Avastin+Ixempra,Doxil+Cytoxan
Currently Abraxane+Gemzar (3/09)
http://pinehouse.wordpress.com/
CalGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2007 at 1:59pm
Pam-

So glad you're back. It's great to see you posting again!

Hope you're feeling better and stronger!

CalGal
BRCA1
9/04 Bi-lat lump, clear SNB
38x Rad'tn
12/05 Recurr bc & mets to liver
06 the year of chemo
NED for 13 mos until 7/07
Lung met. PARP trial until ...
2/08 Liver mets again
Ronda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2007 at 3:13pm
Hi Pam,  
We were so worried about you,  glad to see you back in action! Was your CHF the cause of your hospital stay??  You must be so happy to be home, hospitals suck!

Best Wishes,
Ronda 

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2007 at 9:26am
Hi guys and thank you all for the welcome back.
Well no it wasn't the CHF that got me back in the hospital, it was MRSA the deadly infection that is going around.  It just about got me!

It's all sort of confusing but I had had some bites on me, small dog, fleas, ticks, we live in the country but I noticed I was getting covered w/these red spots and they weren't going away.

When I went in for my last chemo I didn't say anything so the show went on and the next night I was in the ICU w/a 103 temp and practically no blood pressure.  So anyway as time passed things got better, had a couple of little surgeries, blood transfusions, lots of meds and kept graduating to different floors which meant to me I was doing better.Smile

I got a couple of huge lectures from my Surgeon that this could have killed me and for the rest of you be sure and ask if you have any open sores that are not healing before you get a chemo treatment.  There are only a couple of antibiotics that will treat MRSA.

This he thinks was my mistake but whatever the cause he was sure angry at me.  Just be vigilant, we are always learning aren't we???

Anyway pay attention, another lesson learned.

Hugs to you all,

Edited by trip2 - Oct 19 2007 at 6:47am
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Ronda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2007 at 10:19am
Hi Pam,
    You're a stud!  You're going to have a long resume' if you keep this up!
I'm glad you're better!

Ronda

hayleyd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
TNBC Foundation Board Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayleyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2007 at 3:32pm
Hi Pam,

We're so happy that you're back! We've all been checking (almost daily) for your posts - we were so worried about you. . .

You must be so thrilled to be home. Stay well!!!

Hayley (on behalf of the TNBC Foundation)
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2007 at 8:43am
Ronda,,
 I had to laugh about the stud thing, heck I just trudge along but enough is enough.Smile

Thank you too Hayley for your email, I am very happy to be back and yes definitely thrilled to be home,

thanks to both of you,
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic