FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pain after 1st Chemo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TGSatterfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGSatterfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pain after 1st Chemo
    Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 9:59am
Good day,
I was diagnosed with TNBC with a tumor about 4-5CM. My onc said that she wanted to start my chemo ASAP due to the severity in pain I was having. Well thursday was my 1st treatment and my pain was so horrible on saturday and sunday I had to go to the ER and get morphine. Oh yeah and I am 23 weeks pregnant on top of all of this. Did anyone else experience this? Is this a sign of it working or shrinking the tumor?

My Onc said that my tumor is deep in my auillary and surrounded by a lot of nerves so this process may hurt even if its shrinking.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Leahstuffle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahstuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 2:02pm
Hello!
I'm so sorry you're having a lot of pain. I am also pregnant and currently fighting TNBC.
My tumor was painful before and after my first treatment, but it shrunk very quickly and the pain subsided. Now I am about to have my 4th A/C treatment (the last one!!) and my tumor isn't palpable at all, and I have no pain.
Is this your first pregnancy? If so, your breasts are really tender at this point because your milk ducts, mammary glands, etc are finishing maturing in case baby is born early. I would imagine that could add significantly to the pain.
I'm no medical professional, but I found using a heating pad on my breast helped with a lot of the pain I had initially. I also take magnesium citrate, which is considered safe for pregnancy, and that can help relax muscles and take care of nerves. A bath with epsom salts is also great (epsom salts are mostly magnesium). I would ask your OB about those, but I had a lot of relief by taking the MC.

Also please feel free to PM me any time. I'm new to all this, too, and it's so crazy to do this while also trying to nurture a pregnancy.
-leah
TGSatterfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGSatterfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 4:35pm
Thank you so much Leah!!! I am new o this i would love to pm
You.... but how???? Lol when did your pain begin to subside after your 2nd or 3rd treatment?
Leahstuffle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahstuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 7:44pm
Haha! I'll send you one! Let me know if the heat helps and let me know what your OB says about taking the mag!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic