FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not so new fight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Signedoriignal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signedoriignal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not so new fight
    Posted: Apr 08 2012 at 7:57pm
Hi All,
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in early February.  Since then, I found out it is triple negative and have done a lot of research, especially on this site.  Thank you for taking the initiative to educate others about tnbc. The oncologist was surprised at how much I knew about my tnbc and how accurate my information was.  I've had two lumpectomies but the cancer did not spread to the lymph nodes.  Now I'm getting ready to start chemo and am nervous about starting this portion of the treatment.  I find myself coming back to the guide frequently.  Thank you again.
Crystal
stacey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2012 at 8:31pm
Hi Crystal...I am fairly new to this site as well.  I had BC back in 2007 but it wasn't TN, after a bilateral mascectomy and right at my 5 yr mark I got BC cancer again in my other breast...who knew??!!!  I started chemo about 2 weeks ago.  I am on carboplatin/gemzan combo...do you know what chemo you are going to be taking???
June 2007-dx with bc
bilateral masectomy, reconstruction
6 rounds TAC
auxillary node radiation
02/12 dx with new bc on other breast
03/12 4 rounds cisplatin/gem
rads to follow
brca 1+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signedoriignal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2012 at 8:51pm
Hi Stacey, My chemo cocktail includes the delectable cyclophosphamide and the "oh so dreamy" docetaxel.  This is my first taste of cancer.  I pray that you find a full recovery with ours. C
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2012 at 8:18am
Dear Crystal and Stacey,

welcome to our TNBC family. 

Just want to make sure you each have seen a Certified Genetic Counselor and been tested for the BRCA mutation. My daughter was not advised to do so 7 years ago when she was dx with TNBC. Times have changed and the awareness of BRCA has increased but I do not want to take for-granted that you have seen a counselor and tested.

Good luck to both of you and again, welcome.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
stacey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2012 at 12:20pm
@Steve...yep I am BRCA1+
June 2007-dx with bc
bilateral masectomy, reconstruction
6 rounds TAC
auxillary node radiation
02/12 dx with new bc on other breast
03/12 4 rounds cisplatin/gem
rads to follow
brca 1+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signedoriignal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2012 at 4:48pm
Steve, Genetic testing is on my path.  Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic