FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newly Diagnosed and terrified

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
lsteuer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsteuer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2017 at 1:04am
Got my pet/ct scan back and although it isn’t in the nodes it is in my sternum so that put me at stage 4. Luckily it isn’t anywhere else so I feel lucky. Chemo starts Friday and my insurance approved me for a second opinion which is Tuesday. Let the healing begin!
Lisashell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisashell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2017 at 1:30am
Thank you for your words. I'm just trying to figure out how to process this.
Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2017 at 11:42am
Hi Lisa:  It really is a scary and horrible time.  The waiting is the worst!  I was diagnosed about three weeks ago.  It is only now I am beginning to function again.  I had my chemo port put in on Monday and today I had a PET scan.  On the 19th I am getting a second opinion at Slone Kettering Hospital in New York.  They are one of the leaders in triple negative breast cancer in the nation.  Another is MD Anderson in Texas.  I would really suggest that you get a second opinion from a center that specializes in Breast Cancers.  I will still get my treatment here in Michigan, but I will have input from more than one place.  Ask your doc to give you something like Ativan to help with your anxiety.  Hang in there!

Ann Sovey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic