FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to TNBC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lawsonval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawsonval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2019 at 12:23pm
Lumpectomy surgery is completed, 7 mm tumor, clear margins, no cancer in sentinel lymph nodes. So T1aN0, but aggressive, 8/9 . BUT when the doctor goes through the decision tree for TNBC, it says Consider Chemo, its in the grey area, its in the middle between NO Chemo and Yes Chemo.  I can't get in to see the medical oncologist for a month. Asked for second opinion, and will get a referral.  But how do people make this decision when you end up in the middle like this?
Penny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2019 at 12:33pm
Mine was the same... 6mm - and my uncle is a radiology oncologist - he said don't mess with it and do the chemo.  That was his guidance for me.  I was glad it was 6mm instead of 5.  NCCN says over 5 strongly consider chemo.  So, I am two years through this and lump/chemo/rad and reconstruction is complete.  And, I am feeling great!  I hope that helps you.
DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.

mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2019 at 7:10pm
Basically, after years of watching women post similar results, I've learned that the answer is 'go for it', don't hold back on treatment but stay aggressive. If you don't go the chemo route and you have a recurrence it will be that much harder to fight.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic