FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to the site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brandymarie52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandymarie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the site
    Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:47pm
Hi guys. My name is brandy Percy. I was recently diagnosed with tnbc on 1/15. I don't have all the info you guys have. What I do know is that it is type 3, stage 3 (as far as they know it hasn't spread after doing a pet scan). After a MRI they have determined that it is at least 8 cm which is why I have to do chemo before surgery. I start chemo tomorrow. Do the a/c every other week for 4 cycles then weekly taxol for 12 weeks. I really appreciate this forum and you guys posting all the info you do. Needless to say I'm a little freaked about what tomorrow has in store but I'm trying to look at it with a positive point of view that this is what I need to get better. I know that surgery and radiation will follow surgery. Hoping tomorrow I can have the pathology report to give you guys more answers as I see most of you know everything pertaining to your bc which has made me realize I need to be more aware of my disease and treatment. I'm 31 years old and never thought this would happen to me, but then again no one does. Seriously thought it would be just a cyst that they found on breast but that did not turn out to be the case. I will update you guys on how things go. Can't thank everyone enough that this site is here to have someone to talk to.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandymarie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:49pm
Oh forgot to mention I do know it has spread to auxiliary lymph nodes and nodes under the sternum.
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 11:20pm
Dear Brandy,

welcome to our TNBC Foundation family. I think you will find some wonderful folks here who will support you on your difficult journey. We will be here for you.

Wish you did not have reason to be here, especially at such a young age. Have you seen a Certified Genetic Counselor and been tested for the BRCA mutation?

I am a volunteer patient advocate and I am sending you my contact info if you would like to talk. I will not give you medical advice but maybe it would be helpful to talk. 

good luck with your chemo.

warmly,

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 8:44am
Hi Brandymarie,

I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, TNBC that is.  This is one club no one wants to join, but I hope you'll find the support and love of everyone here.  Wishing you the best on your first chemo today.  I hope you had a chance to read the thread about what to bring to chemo.  It has lots of good ideas.  Staying hydrated is very important.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandymarie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 5:32pm
Thanks guys. You are right not a club you want to join but glad that have people here that know what I am and will be going through. First chemo treatment done. Went easier then I thought. Will keep everyone updated
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic