FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Primary in other breast 9 years Later

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2018 at 9:31pm
Blair,

Yuck, dealing with thrush at the onset.  No fun at all!  Hopefully it won't happen again.  I had the exact opposite problem as you - constipation.  Drugs affect everyone so differently.  I remember feeling yucky the first week of chemo, tired, foggy headed, but it got better each day.  Week 2 wasn't bad and feeling good by week 3.  Hope you don't have too many down days.

Good news that the Neulasta shot isn't causing pain.  I think I had more problems from that shot than the chemo.  The on pro delivery system is so much better than having to go back the next day.  Whoever invented that device gets a standing ovation from our community!

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2018 at 9:52pm
Donna,

No fun for sure.Thank goodness I have felt better today. Adding my applause to yours for the on body injector!
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2018 at 5:26pm
Today has been much better. Vanderbilt called in some diflucan, and lomotil for me and my dentist called in some magic mouth rinse. Bowels are still a little aggregated and mouth is still sore but getting better
I got a phone call today from the hospital to see how I was feeling after my visits this weekend.She also asked how my experience was...well now she knows and was very nice about it and thanked me for telling her.
Hope you all are well. Today is a rainy, foggy, chilly day in the mountains. Just right for a good book and a nap.

Love, Blair
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2018 at 6:15pm
Chemo was totally different the 2nd time around. Well not totally, but way different. I think my body was angry in the beginning, that I was starting all that nastiness again. I, like Donna, had constipation this time. I got a "recipe" of what to do going forward from a wicked smart young resident when I was in the hospital 9 days after starting chemo. It worked like a champ. Changing from Zofran to Emend helped, and using edibles from Colorado for stomach pain and later surgical problems was a godsend. It was a process! Call me if you have issues going forward, we can trouble shoot it together!
It's sunny and warm here, so my dog and I are packing up and headed to do yard work for a coup!e days. I almost wish it was cold and rainy so I could talk myself into kicking back with Netflix and a book!
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic