FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

neoadjuvant versus adjuvant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2018 at 11:38am
Judy I suggest you record your doctor's appointments so that you can listen to them again later. I found this really helpful with my first diagnosis especially. There was so much to absorb! And I found that trying to take notes in the moment kept me from focusing on the doctor during our times together. Especially when she would say something upsetting - it's like my brain shuts down for a while so I can process whatever unpleasant nugget of info she dropped that day. I used a little digital recorder the first time, my iPhone this last time. I've never had a Dr. object to it, There's no reason they should. It's all so overwhelming, but you will get thru it. It's like they say, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2018 at 5:42pm
MD Anderson is a facility that initiated a program called "Moon Shots" about 2 years ago. Triple negative was one of their focuses and they've come up with some remarkable results. I found this article, which really does a nice job of laying out some good answers to what you're looking for so I hope it helps. MD Anderson is probably a good place to bookmark on your computer and set up for any newsletters as they're considered #1 in the US for cancer treatmenthttps://www.mdanderson.org/publications/conquest/conquest-spring-2016/therapy-for-triple-negative-breast-cancer.html
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2018 at 9:24am
My husband and I were blown away by the care we received at MD Anderson.  From the on campus hotel we stayed at, to their campus transportation systems, their set up is astonishing - it's a well oiled machine.  It's a huge place, all dedicated to cancer research and treatment, but you never FEEL like just a number.  There's a lab in the hotel lobby where I could stop in upon arrival and get my blood taken the night before my appointments.  Not a big deal, but no waiting and one less thing to do on appointment day was awesome. We met people from around the world there.  They are leaders in cancer research for many reasons, one of them is that they have the patients to do trials quicker than anywhere else.  I cannot say enough good things about this place, I'll be forever grateful that it exists Heart
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic