FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need a respoce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need a respoce
    Posted: Nov 30 2015 at 2:07am
I was diagnosed of tnbc in October,started taxol & carboplatin. After the first week of chemo, i noticed a huge reduction in the size of the tumour on my right breast which was 7×6 on scan.7 weeks after the breast started increasing in size with a lot of fluid accumulating there in and it looks like the tumour is increasing in size on palpation.I really want to know if it is a sign of treatment failure or drug reaction from steroids(dexamethasone).I also observed that the rashes reappeared too,has it happened to any one????Desperately in need to know what is happening.
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2015 at 9:44am
Chai, my wife had carboplatin/gemzar before surgery. The breast tissue (all) goes thru changes, it actually breaks down from the chemo. Ask if they will do an MRI at the half-way point in your chemo, they told us after 3 cycles they do that, but did it after two, then proceeded.  The tumor becoming more cystic(liquid) than solid is normal also, and you won't be able to tell yet how much it is affecting the cancer cells. Ask/call your oncologist about any worries with the changes you are going through like swelling or anything.
chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2015 at 9:43pm
Thanks Gordon15,saw my unco today.was sent for scan which I did waiting for the result.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2015 at 10:41am
Dear Chai,
Welcome to the TNBC site.  I am sorry for the problems you have been experiencing.  I cannot answer as to why the breast seem swollen or has fluid.  I do know that while chemo is being administered changes in the tumor and inside the breast can cause stress.  Things going on that we don't understand.  I pray that you will get some good results from the scan that was done. 
I had my breast removed before chemo, so my situation was different from yours.  Keep posting and let us know how things go for you.

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2015 at 2:20pm
The result of the scan shows a positive response but am worried about the engorgement,the reappearance of rashes & now having mild pain on the breast.could it be a possible drug failure,do I continue with thesame regimen? Are there other drugs that may possibly work for me? Has anyone had such experience? Am pretty worried
chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 8:55am
I was sent for a skin biopsy which came out showing new growth indicating treatment failure,I will be seeing my unco today for a possible change of drugs.Praying for Gods miraculous healing .
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 9:12am
Very sorry to hear that. Perhaps they can switch the chemo.

Edited by gordon15 - Dec 09 2015 at 9:43am
chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 9:16am
So she too had a treatment failure? So sad
Tulips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 9:22am
Chai,
Good luck with your next treatment, and your meeting with your oncologist.  I don't have any information for you, but just wanted you to know that there are positive thoughts flowing your way!
Tulips

Dx April 2015 IDC TN 2.2 cm, Grade 3, Chemo started May 2015: Taxol/Carbo then AC, Lx with SNB Nov 2015, 33 Rad Dec 2015-Feb 2016. 6 months Capecitabine starting March 2016
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 1:15pm
Chai, the carbo/gem killed the cancer in my wife's lymph nodes but only about 50% in the tumor, although it shrank from about 4cm to 2cm, unfortunately 1.5cm cancer remained. That's why after surgery, a month later, she is on Taxol chemo and then radiation.

Hope you come up with a new plan if this isn't working to reduce the cancer, her surgeon told her in the beginning she would go right to surgery if not working, but it was responding/shrinking so they wanted her to continue. 

Let us know as they come up with a new therapy and hope sooner the better. Gordon.
chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 1:21pm
Thank you all,will keep updating .
chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 4:47pm
My unco said they gave me best chemo they have and it failed (taxol&cabo),not certain if if dox will work however they intend starting on Friday(the new chemo).Asked of the clinical trial stuff but since am not a citizen she said I can't benefit from it instead she adviced me on spending quality time with my family. That is traveling back to see them
chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2015 at 2:05pm
Pls has any one used doxil b4?
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2015 at 4:35pm

DoxilŽ is a chemotherapy drug used in cancer treatment. It is a reformulated version of doxorubicin (AdriamycinŽ), a cancer drug that has been used for many years in traditional chemotherapy regimens in multiple myeloma.

Doxil is approved for use in combination with VelcadeŽ (bortezomib, Takeda Oncology) to treat patients with myeloma who have not previously received Velcade and have received at least one prior therapy.

Doxil is also known as doxorubicin HCl liposome injection

The main chemotherapy treatment for triple negative breast cancer is usually a combination of chemotherapy drugs. The combination should include a type of chemotherapy drug called an anthracycline, such as doxorubicin or epirubicin.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2015 at 11:56am
Chai,

My friend who has ovarian cancer is getting treated with Doxil.  It's worked well on her tumors.  She is able to leave a pretty normal life with 2 young kids.  She didn't lose her hair with Doxil.  There are some hand/foot side effects from the drug so she usually tries to keep an ice pack on her hands during treatment.

Here's a link for more information about Doxil:

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2015 at 2:17am
I don't know how long I have to wait to see the effect on my tumor,am worried cos my onco told me they have given me there best and it dint work for me. Wants to try doxil but not sure if it will work too. Remembering my kids & hubby breaks my Hrt cos I don't know how things will end up.pls is there any other drug that could possibly work.my onco seems to HV lost faith in my treatment.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2015 at 7:50am
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic