FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Mother has passed -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rmichaels View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmichaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Mother has passed -
    Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 11:09am
Dear Friends,
Today at 5:10am my mother passed peacefully surrounded by our family at home.
She gave it a good fight all the way to the end.

I have shared the link for this site (TNBC Foundation donation page) to make tribute donations in lieu of flowers.  Mom has many friends :)
My Mother's name is Caroline L. Brown.

This site and foundation has given me/us so much comfort and I will continue to help any way I can.

Love and Health,
Rachel Michaels.
Mom dia 8/11 with IIb - IV by 11/11 with mets on liver. 17 rounds Taxol/Carbo then Taxotere, Cisplatin + Vinorelbine, 2 tx of Doxil, Xeloda all unsucessful. 10/12/12 Hospice @ home. Passed 11/7/12.
majjers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majjers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 11:49am

Hi Rachel,

I am so saddened by the loss of your dear mother. I know you will have precious memories that will live in your heart forever, just as God intended. Thank you so much from my heart for offering TNBC Foundation to receive tributes in honor of your mom. I agree that this Foundation and group of survivors, caregivers, family, etc. are the best and offer such wisdom and comfort to an ever-increasing population of people fighting "the beast."

Thoughts and prayers will go up for you and your family this week.  I know even with the forseeable loss of a loved one, it is still difficult.  May God's peace reign in your hearts as you lay mom to rest, and may He comfort you in the days to come.

Sincerely,
Traci
dx 5/25/07, Stage 2A,TNGr3
DD 4 AC,4 Taxol
32 rads
BRCA 1&2 (-)
7/11 mets to lung; Too many lines of chemo to list! The saga continues but only GOD numbers my days!
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 11:53am
Dear Rachel, 

Most sincere condolences to you at this difficult time. Your mother was a strong, brave woman who fought so hard through exceptional challenges and inspired so many. 

Also I am very grateful for your dedication and support to those of us here.  

May you have continued comfort and serenity. 

Love and Peace, 
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 1:38pm
Rachel, you are a wonderful daughter, having cared for your mother throughout this ordeal.  I hope in the midst of your sadness you feel a sense of satisfaction in having really been there for her and helped in all sorts of ways.   I am sure she felt your love every step of the way.
Much love,
Denise
*Do you want to make a tribute page for your mom in the Tribute section, or shall we do it?
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:12pm
Rachel, 

Your mother fought so hard, with you right by her side.  You are a wonderful daughter and friend to walk this path with her.  May she rest in peace and may your family hold her love and memories close to your heart.

Hugs,
Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:35pm
Dear Rachel,
So very sorry to learn of your mom's passing may she rest in peace, my prayers go out to you and your family.
Love,
Denise
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 3:12pm
Hi, all.  I just started a tribute page for Rachel's mom, Caroline.  Please post your condolences on Caroline's page.
Thanks,
d

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
rmichaels View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmichaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:08pm
Thanks so much for making her a page. She would have loved that.
Love, Rachel.
Mom dia 8/11 with IIb - IV by 11/11 with mets on liver. 17 rounds Taxol/Carbo then Taxotere, Cisplatin + Vinorelbine, 2 tx of Doxil, Xeloda all unsucessful. 10/12/12 Hospice @ home. Passed 11/7/12.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:25pm

Dear Rachel,

You have made such an impression with the way you sought help for your mom.  Also, in the way you have shared her and your journey through this time of fighting cancer.  You are such a beautiful example for daughters to see.
I am so sorry about the death of your mother and I pray for God's Peace to be so present with you and all her loved ones, especially at this time.
Your reward will be great.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:43pm
Rachel I am so very sorry to read about your mom.  My condolences to you and your family.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:01pm
Rachel,

You and your family are in my thoughts this Thanksgiving season.

Sending you words and messages from the heart.

Love and warm hugs,
Grateful for today............Judy

The TNBC Tribute page for Rachel's Mom is at:
     http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/caroline-l-brown-rachel-michaels-mom_topic10457.html
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 9:27am
Rachel,
I am so sorry to hear that you lost you mom to this horrible disease.  The only thing good that comes from this disease is that our caregivers learn to function at top speeds to keep the so called "normalcy" going while watching and loving especially their Mothers' leave this world.  What a wonderful daughter you are!

Please know that your Mom will always be with you thanking you for being the wonderful daughter that you are.  My heart hurts to hear about your loss.  The pain becomes part of our lives and we learn to live with that pain, but please know that you have done everything you can and what a wonderful way for your Mom to pass at home, surrounded by the loves of her life!  Hospice & Palliative Care does make such a difference and thank you for mentioning them too. 

May God Bless and keep you in His love and may you come to know how much He loves you too!
Always Helen, TNBC in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic