Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My mom has recurring tnbc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mrsmc28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsmc28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My mom has recurring tnbc
    Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 4:28am
I'm new to this forum but I'm happy there's a place for me to talk with others about my mom. She has recurring ( stage 4) tnbc and it's been very scarey. She started chemo two months ago but now the doctors say that it wasn't working and they have to try something else. My mom is my best friend and I know worrying doesn't help, but I guess I'm just wondering if everything will be okay.
Has anyone else gone through what my mom is going through and come out ok? She in her mid 60's I'm in my late 20's.
Please, I'd really like some encouraging words
Silver cloud View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver cloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 10:06am
Mrsmc28, I'm sorry you find yourself here but warmly welcome you. I'm sorry I have no experience or knowledge to share but am sure someone will be along soon to offer you the support you need. There are very knowledgeable people on this forum and you will find their help and love very helpful, as I do. Check often as sometimes activity levels take a "rest". Your mom is very lucky to have such a loving daughter, please know how much that will help her! Big hug, Shari
shortstuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortstuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 12:56pm
I am going through this now as well. My mom just turned 60, I'm in my late 30's.  She is truly my best friend since I have no siblings.  She finished treatments last summer, then this past December started having pain in her side, which turned out to be mets to her liver.  Her mets are very widespread and she is currently waiting to find out whether she will do a 3rd round of Gemzar/Carboplatin to beat back her metastases or have to begin whole brain radiation.  We will know this week.

It is all very scary.  How do you like your mom's doctors?  Are they able to consult with any of the TNBC experts?  Steve, who is an advocate on these boards, was tremendously helpful and full of useful information and advice.  I bet he will chime in when he sees your post.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.  

My mom has TNBC.
arabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:22pm
Mrsmc28.....I'm so sorry your Mom has this, but I'm glad you found this site and the forums here.  There are a lot of great members who will hopefully be able to help you.   I am 63 yrs. but unlike your mother,   my cancer  is Stage 1.  I do have a 25 yr. old daughter (only child) so my heart really goes out to  you because I see my daughter's pain in dealing with my disease in your post.

I would tell you not to give up hope.  There are chemos out there to be tried and they can work....think as positively as you can.  Know that everybody is different so don't let the negatives get you down.  Enjoy every moment with your Mom....that's all any of us have.....the moment we are all actually in.....cancer or no cancer.

Check this thread here from time to time because you might be surprised as to the poster who will give you the encouragement you need at just the right moment.

shortstuff.....I am so sorry too for everything your Mom is going thru.  Hope you receive the news you are wanting this week.

Both of you are wonderful daughters....and your Moms are very fortunate to have you in their lives.

Wishing you both peace,

Kaye
Dx TNBC 1/2013; age 63; 1.1 cm; Stage 1, Grade 1(?); lumpectomy clear margins; ALND -; severe SEs to first TC and treatment stopped; radsX25; BRCA -
Recur 6/2015 Mastectomy
Mrsmc28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsmc28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 5:30pm
Wow, thanks you guys for your kind words. Short stuff, my mom has in her liver too, lungs and bones as well. I will keep checking back and keep you guys updated on my mom. Thanks again and I wish you all the best.
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:00am
Mrsmc28 and shortstuff,

Sending caring and good thoughts to both of you and your Moms.

Grateful for today...............Judy

Postscript:
On 8/7/13, Shortstuff posted her Mom passed away.
Shortstuff's Mom: May you rest in peace.
Sympathy and support is being expressed to Shortstuff and her family on:
   http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/mom-passed-this-afternoon_topic11415.html

Edited by Grateful for today - Aug 09 2013 at 1:58pm
MarCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 1:41pm
Hi Mrsmc28 - did they say why chemo did not work?
dawncoskren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawncoskren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 4:10pm
Mrsmc28, I'm so sorry. I'm new to this TNBC myself. Just since June. I don't have a lot to offer sweetie, but don't give up hope. Hope is all we have.Hold on to that!

I so want to reach out and hug you! Makes me realize what my 16 and 14 year old are going through.
DX 6/14/13 TNBC-IDC
7/15 BRCA 1 Positive
7/16 double mastectomy
7/23 Post surgery Pathology- Stage1,tumor 2cm nodes clr.
8/16/13 4 A/c and 4 Taxol
1/6/14 implants
3/13/14 ovaries and tubes removed
Rome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2014 at 3:05pm
Has anyone out there had a problem with abnormal EKG's after chemo and radiation for TNBC? Is it normal or can it be serious?
Thanks, Rome
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic