Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My big MRI is tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tracyinva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My big MRI is tomorrow
    Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 11:32pm
3 days after Chemo my mri is at 10:30 a.m. I am so nervous and scared to see what is going to light up and if my sent node is still clear. They give me a cd with the images but I am too scared to look at I think. The report takes a while to write  up. My official meeting with my breast surgeon is next monday and plastic surgeon. 

I'll post tomorrow when I get back. I've done all I can...take all the chemo they gave me.  I just now wait....

How long do they give you before I decide on what type of surgery I will have or would like to have. I know it depends on the mri but I still undecided on which route if given I could do either.
Diagnosed 4/29
Lymph nodes clear on MRI on 5/20
2x2 statge 1 or 11A
AC and T 6/9 - 9/13
final mri- no lymph 4mm or less residual
Lump right side on 10/16
7 nodes taken - all clear - clean margins

debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 11:40am
Hi Tracy,

Good luck with the MRI today. Honestly, I wouldn't know what to look for on the disc! I would guess they should have the report ready in a day or two though and that should give you some information. Also, keep in mind that if you just had your last infusion 3 days ago that it is still going to keep working for a while.

I don't know how long they will give you to decide on which surgery. You might wnat to look through some of the old posts and generate a list of questions for the surgeon. I know that I was told statistically the outcome is the same between the two. In the end, it is a very personal decision for most women and no right or wrong.

Keep us posted!
Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
tracyinva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 8:04pm
I got my mri cd's and was viewing the images but its like trying to decipher a code. I know what my last mri looked liked and I can clearly see the marker they left in and dont see the white lightning. 

Has anyone ever been able to read their own mri images? I can't tell which image is even my sen lymph node. 

I am fed exing the surgeon my cd's tomorrow and they'll be sending the written report this week.
Diagnosed 4/29
2x2 statge 1 or 11A
AC and T 6/9 - 9/13
Lump right side on 10/16

weekender09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekender09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 11:18pm
Wow Seems like yesterday you just started chemo Tracy.  LOL 

Can't remember if you are getting tested for BRCA.  I think that is the most telling on which surgery option.  

With me there was no test post chemo pre surgery.  There was a midway chemo PET scan which was showing response to chemo.  I was BRCA+ so I opted for the bilateral Mx.  It was after surgery that the pathology determined I had Pcr. 

Good luck my friend. 

Barb
02/12/13 DX TNBC, Grade III, Stage 3, 3.3cm tumor, IMN and 1 lymph Positive, Chemo A/C T complete 6/13
BRCA1-/BRCA2+ Variance, BIL 7/13, 33 RADS complete 10/13 Remssion :)
rosered71169 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosered71169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 10:26am
I had an MRI halfway through chemo but before surgery. I had an extremely positive result - no tumors showing up anywhere. I had previously had IDC and lymph node involvement. I  would imagine that when you get your results back you will have some time to decide what comes next. I had several months. I am wishing you luck and sending prayers - I know that the waiting is the worst!
IDC 2-21-2012 @ age 42 TNBC, Stage IIA, Gr 3, 1.5cm Tumor Rt Breast, 3 Lymph Nodes, Neoadj Chemo, TACx6,BRCA Neg, Bilateral Mastectomy 7-30-12, 28 Rads, Bilateral DIEP 5-22-13...3 Beautiful Daughters
tracyinva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 11:44am
I Just fed ex'd my cd's to John Hopkins to my breast surgeon. I still am in so much pain today with the aching bones. I am brca negative on both counts. My dr thought I would be positive since my gmother and her sister had it. I never got it.  I  tried my best to see what was lit up and the node but when they put the dye in it all looks the same. I"ll wait till Monday. I pray that the chemo worked. I have been in bed all day.  I just want the healing to start. Today is bad for me. It took everything just to go usps to overnight the cd's to him.
Diagnosed 4/29
2x2 statge 1 or 11A
AC and T 6/9 - 9/13
Lump right side on 10/16

tracyinva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 12:36am
My results - should I be happy?

Significant reduction in the mass burden status post
chemotherapy with small residual, less than 4 mm sized enhancing nodules
but overall increased focal vascularity, suggesting residual disease. No
new areas of abnormal enhancement. No contralateral disease. No axillary
lymphadenopathy.

Diagnosed 4/29
2x2 statge 1 or 11A
AC and T 6/9 - 9/13
Lump right side on 10/16