Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mom is a tnbc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rossonero619 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossonero619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mom is a tnbc
    Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 5:09am
Hi everyone, i've read so many post on your forum, and you all are very special person! sorry for my english, i'm an italian boy of 27 years old with a mom with diagnosis of tn! our misadventure start on the 30th of march, when during the screening mammography (mom is 54 years old) something strange happen; other test and consult with our surgeon and we have the diagnosis: ductal invasive breast cancer of 1,3 cm with estrogen negative, progesterone positive for 5% and her2+ 1+. she had operation of removal the entire mass on the 20th of may (my birthday) and then the sentinel lynph result positive, so another operation with lynph removal on 22nd of june: results only sentinel and another one positive to cancer, the other 8 removed are cancer free!
we go to an oncologist in Pisa,and we started che adjuvant chemo on the 20th of july: 4 EC then 12 taxol than 29 radioterapy!
now we are at half way, we will start taxol on the 13th of october.
my mom is very strong, is very calm, she doesn't have any fear! in opposite I am very scared of everything: and if chemo doesn't work? and if the tumor will have distant recurrence? we also saw the oncologist after the 4 EC, that didn't do so much problem at mom, and the visit was very encouraging because the doctor was very calm and strong and determined! the next visit will be in February after taxol, with the blood markers (first time we make it) and abdomen ecography, than we will make radiography and in april- may we will have the mammography!
I hope everything going well for you, great women so much strong and beautiful!

gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 5:51pm
<ductal invasive breast cancer of 1,3 cm with estrogen negative, progesterone positive for 5% and her2+ 1+>

Not sure if you mean your Mom is "Triple Negative" but therapy looks appropriate, I'm not a doctor.
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
rossonero619 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossonero619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2016 at 10:49am
in our istology pr 5% with cut off 10% i think is considered negative, so the onc we will make the chemo and the radiation! i read some studied about vit d3 integrator after treatment, and also ny mother tend to eat less meat (2-3 time a week) and fish, but the onc said that in this period she can have everything she wants because of the therapy! after the therapy maybe we can try to have some aloe arborescens juice, to reinforce the immunitary sistem!
do you say anithing about it? thank you for your response!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic