Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mestastatic TNBC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
daffodil61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffodil61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mestastatic TNBC
    Posted: Jul 27 2015 at 4:59am
Hi, I am new to the forum. 

Last september, I was diagnosed with stage 3, aggressive and invasive TNBC.

I had a mastectomy of my right breast plus axilla clearance.  2 of the axilla lymph nodes were malignant.  I had four cycles of AC plus 12 cycles of Taxol.  This was then followed by 5 weeks of radiotherapy.

During my treatment, I felt well and didn't have major side effects.  However, 4 weeks after the end of radiation, I felt a pain in my left arm (a bit like a growing pain) after a week I went to see my oncologist who ordered a CT scan of my chest and neck.

When the result came back they told me that the cancer has spread into my neck, chest, abdomen, bones, liver and that I have probably a few months to live.

It was extremely hard to hear that news as 2 weeks ago.  Prior to that all the doctors told me that I could go and travel to visit my family in Europe.

I have now started more chemo (carboplatin and gemcitabine) and should be doing 4 cycles of this.

I was just wondering if any of you have had a similar experience or have any advice.

Edited by daffodil61 - Jul 27 2015 at 5:00am
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2015 at 10:02am

Hello Daffodil61, I am so sorry to hear this and especially difficult for you when the Dr. told you that you could travel. It is not easy for anyone to tell with this breast cancer just what will happen.

I know that many have been living years with metastatic breast cancer and hope that some will come by and post their experience for you.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you.   

Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
CarolinaAmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolinaAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2015 at 5:57pm
I'm new to this entire world, daffodil, but my heart goes out to you. I'm praying for you right now that there is a miraculous healing and great wisdom for your doctors. <3
Diagnosed 7/24/15 after 1st mammogram
TripNeg, Grade 3, 1cm
BRCA -
Waiting on first appt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic