FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBERS IN YOUR AREA...Are they close?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2010 at 5:51am
Come on Tennessee, Alabama, S. Kentucky, W. Arkansas, N. Georgia. N. Mississippi.....everyone within maybe 200 miles of Nashville.
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Katastrophe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katastrophe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2010 at 6:43am
I think im a little further than the rest of you, I am a little left of the milky way, take the big dipper south and turn right at pluto and you will find me.

Perth Western Australia .... AKA... another planet

Come on down girls, I will have tea and crumpets waiting for ya!

Luv Kat xxx
Age 49. Stg2 gr3 19mm lump in L/br 1 lymph node in L/br 3/14 lymph nod under left arm full clear bil/mast 6rds Chemo 3wkly 25rds Rad 18rds of Avastin finished treatment on 19th August 10.
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2010 at 5:13pm
Oh I wish Kat.  I've never had tea and crumpets, would love to do that and visit.

I feel like I'm on another planet living in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma, lol.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 8:17am
Pam,
Are you originally from OK?
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 8:27am

Lillie,

Let me know when and where and I'll do my very best to get there!!

Laura

DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva
Tech girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 8:33am
Hi Laura,
I too live in a northern suburb of Atlanta looking for other women who have breast cancer.  I was disgnosed on 4/13/10 with IDC, triple negative, Stage 1 grade 2, breast cancer.  No nodes were positive.  Haven't found a support group or someone else that is experiencing the same thing that I am.  I will be having my last chemo treatment on the 11th and can't wait to be done with chemo.
Would love to hear from you...hope you are doing well.
Karen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 8:46am
Good Morning Karen  Hug
Welcome to our community. It's sad that we have to be here at all but this is a community of women on "the journey." You will find the most loving, caring, knowledgeable people ready and willing to lend support in any way we can.
This is a wonderful place to "be with" others that are facing the same experiences as you did or will be doing. It's a place where you can vent, as we all sometimes do or let us know about upcoming treatment or test results or praise reports. Speaking of which, I'd like to invite you to visit our Spiritual Support thread if that's something you might be interested in.
It will be a milestone to reach your last tx and I know you will celebrate. Will you be taking radiation?
If you will go to Member Control Panel you will find a place to enter your stats in the Signature area. It will keep you from having to answer the same questions over and over again as each of our members respond.
Again, WELCOME!
Love and Prayers,
Carol  Heart
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Tech girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 1:27pm
Hi Carol,
Hope you are doing well today.  thanks for the information about where to put my description...I think I have it fixed now.
I would be interested in your spiritual thread so if you want, you can send me the info.
Do I understand that you have had a return of your cancer?  My doctor has told me that with triple negative cancer if will return sooner than later.  I have to admit that that scares me to death to have it return.  How are you doing?  Are you in any treatments right now?  I pray that it will go away for good. Please hang in there!
I look forward to talking with other women who has this disease.  We are strong and we will get through this.Smile
Karen-55yrs old
DX 4-13-10
Triple Negative, IDC, Neg Nodes, 1.9 CM
Stage 1, Grade 2
Lumpectomy/Reduction 5-10, Cytoxin & Taxotere X 4
Rads 6 1/2 weeks
overwhelmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 1:52pm

Laura,

Then I am a 1 1/2 from you.  So, you must be from the NE side of Atalanta.  You are welcome to join Lillie and I when we get together.  Anyone else near Greenville, SC?

Lori/ Overwhelmed
DX ILC TNBC 3/10 at 50, Stage IIb; Grade 3; 5.1 to 7 cm,SNB neg;TC-6 rnds, 30 rads, Avastin-18 rnds, BRAC 1&2-
overwhelmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 1:57pm
You too Tech Girl.  Once Lillie comes our way, we can all meet.  I do have a friend from Greenville who is TN and a little over three years out.  We met after finding from another friend that we had this in common.  She's been a great support for me.  For those of us recently diagnosed it is great to see people like her and like Lillie who are a few years past treatment.
DX ILC TNBC 3/10 at 50, Stage IIb; Grade 3; 5.1 to 7 cm,SNB neg;TC-6 rnds, 30 rads, Avastin-18 rnds, BRAC 1&2-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 4:19pm

Karen,

Yes, I've had a recurrence. One year practically to the day from my original diagnosis. I took another round of radiation with it. I had a scare last month, had it biopsies and it was negative...!
I am doing great now. The fatigue gets better all the time.
The Spiritual Support thread is right here on tnbcf. Just clk on the "Forum Jump" in the lower left corner and clk on Support Groups and then Spiritual Support. Look forward to seeing you there.
If you have any other questions that I or someone else can help with, don't hesitate to ask.
Try not to scared about recurrence. We can spend the rest of our life being scared, worrying and all the other useless things or we can look forward to each new day and live it to the fullest. Believe me I know it's easier said than done. But it's something I try to do each and every day and I hope you will too. And you know, this is a great place to vent those fears...I've done it a few times myself..ha...Moi???? Yep, sure have!!
Love and Prayers,
Carol

St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 5:58pm
Lori-Yes! I would love to join you guys!  Have car, will travel:).  Depending on the traffic, it may take me a bit longer to get to Greenville area, but that's OK, it would be SO worth it to meet some of my very special sisters.

Karen-we're neighbors!  I live in Johns Creek.  There HAVE to be more of us in a big city like Atlanta.  Maybe you and I can get together and start from there.  It looks like our diagnosis and treatment was similar.  So glad that you found us even though I wish it wasn't because of tnbc!

Love,
Laura
DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 6:53pm
Hi Carol,

No I am not from Oklahoma.  We moved here about 20 years ago from S. CA.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 7:00pm
Hi Karen and welcome,

Congratulations on approaching your last infusion.  That last day when you step out of that chair feels sooo good.

It's pretty hard to find other tn's out there, another reason why this forum works so well since we can come together from around the world.

How have you been doing, getting along pretty well or having problems with your chemo?

I want you to remember that this does not come back to everyone.  The first few years after treatment they will watch you closely then your chance of it coming back starts to drop.

I have had tn twice, 2003 and 2007, now out over 3 years from the second time.  I plan on being done with it this time.Wink

Look forward to hearing from you,
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Peaches View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peaches Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2010 at 11:17pm
Aloha From Ft Worth, Texas.
Any other cowgirls in the sisterhood? 
Double Mast 1-21-10
Invasive Ductal
Stage 3, Grade 3
2+ Lymph nodes of 21 LN removed
Chemo 4 of AC, 4 of Taxol
Radiation-28 tx
briestarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briestarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 4:27am
I am in Reno, NV.  And I feel all alone in this mess...  now that I know exactly what I am up against.
No one here has heard of TNBC, I even had to explain it to two other BC patients!!  Wow, I am glad I found this site!  I think it would be a good idea to make up a map of where we all are from!! 
What do ya think? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 6:22am
Now that sounds interesting. Just how would you do that?
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 10:47am
I would think that admin could do this for us as a separate page in the Forum.  They would be the only ones to update the map due to programming but we certainly can send our locations to them to pin mark the map for us to view.  This could be something to ask for too.
What do you think?  Set up a forum to survey this question? h.
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
briestarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briestarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 11:45am
Yep yep... that does sound good!!  Like a google earth map!!
DX TNBC Feb 2010
age 48
Lumpectomy 2cm
6 nodes removed, all clear
Chemo A/C and Taxol 8 sessions
Radiation 33x
BRCA 1 and 2 negative
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 11:49am
Love the map idea, gives a better perspective of where we all are, hope something can be arranged.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic