FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Melissa's Breast Cancer Awareness Events

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:00am

Melissa and TNBC sister, Ann Pietrangelo
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:02am

Lego Kid's Fest 2014, Novi Michigan

Thinking of my TNBC sisters while I'm at play...

TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:07am
National Cancer Survivor Day, June 1, 2014

My Pink Sisters: Karen, Melissa J.,  Lori, Beth,
Jyll, Joyce, Melissa P. and Diane
4 of us are TNBC survivors
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:43pm
OOPS, chemo-brain moment.

Edited by Melissa P. - Jun 25 2014 at 6:58pm
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:54pm
I love my local bc support group Heart

Victory Center ladies - I'm on the left end

Edited by Melissa P. - Jun 25 2014 at 6:57pm
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:33pm
Mellissa,
YOU are one caring...motivated...beautiful women.Thank You for your event posts I just love it.Keep up the great work we all appreciate it!
Hugs,
Denise
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:16pm
Thank you Denise, I am very involved in the breast cancer community and love all my sisters. I try to bring awareness and attention to TNBC where I can. I'm glad you enjoy my postings, I've got more yet to come as I finish my postings to my blog. Love and hugs, Melissa
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 4:53pm
Komen Blogger Summit, DC 2014. More photos and story on my blog at http://mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com/2014/06/inside-look-at-komens-blogger-summit.html
Us bloggers with Komen CEO and President,
Dr. Judith Salerno at Bistro Bis at the George
Komen CEO and President, Dr. Judith Salerno and me
Us bloggers with Susan G. Komen Founder,
Nancy Brinker and her son Eric Brinker
Susan G. Komen Founder, Nancy Brinker,
me and Eric Brinker
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 12:09am
Conference for Young Women (C4YW) 2014 in Orlando, Florida this past February. It was was a weekend full of education and fun where several hundred breast cancer survivors came together to learn from medical expert speakers, workshops, group discussions, exhibitors and from other survivor who have walked your journey and who "get it." More photos and story on my blog: http://mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com/2014/06/fun-with-familiar-faces-at-c4yw-orlando.html

Melissa and TNBC sister, Lisa Southerland O'Connor
Melissa and TNBC sister, Angie Munoz

Melissa and TNBC Sister Raymon Bessix "Beyond Boobs!"
TNBC sister, Sara Kouten
"Triple Step Towards the Cure", Lori Flowers and Melissa

TNBC Sister, Roxanne Martinez and Melissa
TNBC Sisters, Amy, Jeanna, Sara, Lisa and Melissa
Melissa and TNBC Sister, Ishiuan Hargrove
TNBC Sisters Melissa, Rebecca and Angela

TNBC Sister, Elizabeth Luttrell and Melissa
TNBC Sister, Shelly Finfrock Gardner and Melissa
TNBC Sister, Tanya and Melissa

TNBC Sister, Gin Marks and Melissa

TNBC Sisters!
 TNBC Sisters

Melissa and TNBC sister, Traci Gordon

mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
rosewater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rosewater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 1:31pm
Hi Melissa, thanks for sharing. It's really inspiring to see yourself and all of these TN women looking so happy and well.

Cheers,
Rosewater
DX IDC TNBC 03/14 age 40, Stage 1, Grade 3, 2cm, 0/4Nodes, lumpectomy 04/14, DD A/C x4, Taxol x12, Carboplatin x2, BMX 10/14, rads x28 Finished Jan 14/15, Oopherectomy Jan 29/15 BRCA 2+
JenniferBentley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JenniferBentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 11:46pm
I enjoyed reading your post and all your pictures. I noticed you are located in Toledo,Ohio. That is where my home town is. I too am a TNBC survivor. I am in remission for 1yr now. I love living life to the fullest and enjoy attending breast cancer awareness events. Good luck with everything and keep the pics coming. Thanks for sharing.Smile
Jennifer Bentley
Stage 1,grade 3, brca-, no nodes,reconstruction,Tumor removal 12/12, 4 rounds of chemo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 6:50pm
Thank you Susan G. Komen Affiliate of Northwest Ohio for the write-up in your summer 2014 issue of "The Promise" newsletter!

mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 6:56pm
Thank you Rose, we are all so happy and love getting together at breast cancer events and such. Keep enjoying life to the fullest and make it memorable!

Jennifer Bentley, you're one of the lucky one's to get out of Toledo, I envy you! Im glad you and everyone else that enjoys viewing my photos and reading my posts. Start a thread and post your event photos too!

Heart Melissa
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 6:59pm

I Am the Face of Triple Negative Breast Cancer!

mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 7:02pm

Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation's Wall of Hope...

I gladly accepted when a committee member of Peace, Love and Hope, an annual fundraiser in New Jersey for the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation; and was said it would be their honor to have my story and photo displayed at their event on the "Wall of Hope" along with other TNBC survivors submissions.  It was an amazing opportunity to share my story in helping put TNBC awareness in the forefront with many, many people viewing, who will be making contributions to the TNBC Foundation at this event this past May 5, 2014.
Then... I got a personal invitation that they would love to have me at the Peace, Love and Hope fundraiser as a big thank you to me, but... With regret I had to decline and it was very hard for me to do, for I've been so wanting to attend this event for the past 3 years, but financially I just couldn't travel plus I had used up all my personal days at work for the year. I'm just grateful that though "not in person" but still be a part of Peace, Love and Cure 2014 in helping a organization that I am so passionate about, The Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation. I was told that the "Wall of Hope" created a lot of positive buzz among 400 people who attended... that makes my heart happy!

mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 5:41pm

Girl's night out at Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Pink in the Park, July 2014

Yes, I do love Muddy... and Chrys Peterson does too!

Us Victory Center's Warriors!

Us Victory Center's ladies rock!

mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 12:50pm

Taking the Scenic Route at Komen's Global Race 2014...

Melissa Paskvan
Taking it all in as a blogger VIP special guest at Komen's 25th Anniversary of the Global Race in Washington DC on May 10, 2014.  With over 15,000 race participants on the National Mall, you can really feel the enthusiasm of "IMPACT" among the enormous crowd during activities leading up to the race.
Melissa and TNBC Sister and Komen Advocate,
Peggy Johnson
Melissa Paskvan
Melissa Paskvan

Yes, I did!
Us bloggers!

TV Personality, Rene Syler and Melissa

A bunch more photos can be found on my blog,
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:34pm

A Woman Walks Through Life Painting A Portrait...

Today, August 26th, I am happy to be 5 years being cancer free! I've been trying to find words to describe what I'm feeling as that beast called cancer invaded my body unannounced and made it's bedding in my breast. It's scares me to realize how vulnerable our bodies are and yet there is so much more we need to do to be proactive through body awareness, screenings, education, family history, diet and exercise.
I'm very involved in the breast cancer community in hope of making a difference in reminding women that early detection is a serious matter, and please do your monthly breast self-exams and stay on top of your annual mammograms. This past year I've participated in and attended many breast cancer awareness events with my pink sisters, conferences and meetings where I've spoken at and have made many connections, interviewed for a video story, interviewed for articles for CURE magazineToledo Blade newspaper and had my survival story published on various health websites and in a breast cancer survivor book of inspirational stories. I continue to blog on my "Triple Negative Breast Cancer, I Won't Back Down! site, reaching out to women across the globe. I'm not sure where this journey will take me from here, but I'm certain the best is yet to come! The ladies that I've met on this path I've been traveling on, they all inspire me as we were brought together because of our Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) fight, and I continue to fight for our Sisterhood.
Soon, I will be planning my TNBC Day 2015 fundraising and awareness campaign for 3 years straight, as I represent the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation as TNBC Champion for the state of Ohio. My passion lies here with the TNBC Foundation and us TNBC sisters and I hope my family, friends and supporters will support me in my upcoming fundraising efforts to make an impact in research in hope in finding our targeted therapy very soon. Thank you God for bringing me through another year of enrichment and being with my husband and son. Tonight, I will celebrate LIFE with my girls at The Victory Center! Much Love, Melissa xoxo

Edited by Melissa P. - Sep 08 2014 at 9:33pm
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2014 at 9:25pm

In my hands, I am holding my very own copy of "Faces of Inspiration", gifted to me by Beverly Vote of Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine.  Looking for hope and encouragement?... it's in this book. Looking for someone that's walked your path and who have shared the various emotions during your breast cancer fight?... you'll find her in this book too. This book is a collection of inspirational stories written by some really courageous women who speak from their heart of their own personal breast cancer journey to inspire and bring hope to those affected by a breast cancer diagnosis. Each story is presented with a photograph of the contributor, putting a face to these words of inspiration.  A little touch of uniqueness was added into this book... Page 90.  You'll just have to buy the book and read... I hope my story brings you comfort and hope, hope for more tomorrows.

"Sharing my Journey"

In honor of Breast Can­cer Aware­ness Month Receive 20% off and free ship­ping until Octo­ber 31, 2014. 

Click on link: http://www.breastcancerwellness.org/abcbook/

Edited by Melissa P. - Sep 08 2014 at 9:26pm
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2014 at 9:09pm
I hope you all been enjoying my postings. Here is a link of a video posted on my blog of me talking for a interview of my local Komen of Northwest Ohio.Star

http://mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com/2014/08/melissa-paskvan-for-komen-of-northwest.html
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic