FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lung mets question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
coolfuzzies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolfuzzies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lung mets question
    Posted: Feb 24 2008 at 5:49am
Okay,
I tried to copy my post from bco, but that was a disaster.  lol

Anyhow,  I just wanted to know if any of you had a dull ache or pain in your back?  I was dx just under a month ago with lung mets and had no symptoms until a few days ago.  I am on my week off of Xeloda and have started to have these pains in my back area like someone is pressing a broom handle against me.  (not that I've ever been poked by a broom, but my husband was doing yardwork yesterday and that gave me the idea)

It does not get worse if I inhale or exhale.

Just thought it strange that since I am on chemo I am starting to get symptoms instead of making them better.

Any thoughts?

Edited by coolfuzzies - Feb 24 2008 at 5:56am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolfuzzies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2008 at 5:52am
okay, I changed the post.   Confused 

Edited by coolfuzzies - Feb 24 2008 at 5:57am
fd411 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fd411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2008 at 5:53am
Did you try deleting or removing the post?
Ferne
2006 - Stage IIIA IDC; TAC, lumpectomy, rads
5/07 Mets to lungs, chest, supe clav and axillary nodes
7/07 Skin mets, neck nodes
9/07 Liver mets, more nodes
1/08 Brain Mets, more nodes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolfuzzies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2008 at 5:58am
Thansk Ferne,

How are you doing sweetie?

I'm still doing okay except for the aforementioned issue.

I think about you often!

Watson/coolfuzzies
fd411 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fd411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2008 at 7:39am
Hi coolfuzzies!

I'm taking it day by day. I hope you get your pain issues resolved, but if you don't, can you get your scans pushed up? Xeloda only made my hands and feet burn and tingle from the hand foot syndrome, but that came later on.

Whenever I got new pains or lumps, my onc would order a scan, even if it was pushed up from a later date. I always say better safe than sorry, and it might prevent further progression. We triple negs have to stay on top of things and keep these docs on their toes!

Hugs
Ferne
2006 - Stage IIIA IDC; TAC, lumpectomy, rads
5/07 Mets to lungs, chest, supe clav and axillary nodes
7/07 Skin mets, neck nodes
9/07 Liver mets, more nodes
1/08 Brain Mets, more nodes
sunbearz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbearz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2008 at 4:44pm

I get that pain too.Its in one spot.If I have someone press on it and massage it gets better. Ive had it for a couple of years.I thought it was lung or bone. But nothing shows up on scans.

I noticed being on Xeloda and Zometa these wierd pains come and go.

Sometimes Chemo causes symptoms. Over the years I just chalk it up to its working that area for some reason.But never ignore pain.Always tell your Dr.

Jill

Dx 1998 mast.Bone mets 2003
ac/xeloda,zometa,taxotere,,doxcil,rads to hip
triple neg brca-gemsar
Abraxine
2008 -gemsar/taxol combo
Taxotere ,Ixempra,liver, lung
Mets
Testosterone
Kathleen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 6:26pm
Hello  Coolfuzzies,

I have lung mets, and have had an "ache" type of pain near my right "angel bone" on my back since last July.  My local oncologist ordered a bone scan of that area, which thankfully showed no new cancer.  I now believe that my pain is muscular, probably from lugging a heavy computer bag and textbooks.  (I'm a college professor.)  It receeds when I get my chemo because my premeds include a steroid, which reduces the pain.  That's my situation.

As one of our sisters mentioned earlier, best thing is to get a bone scan, chest x-ray, and anything else to determine the cause.  Make your docs find the problem and cure.

I've gotten some physical therapy, though the results have been poor.  I don't think we heal very well when we're under chemo.  Gentle massage by a trained massage therapist helps too - that worked better for me than PT.

Hope this helps. 
Yours Online, Kathleen

12/99 bc initial dx-stage 1, Nottingham-tenovus cells - bilateral mast.
6/08 TN cells, only in lungs
Treatments: 6/08-5/09 Taxol & Carboplatin. 5/09+ Xeloda.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic