Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lump grew overnight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joni31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lump grew overnight
    Posted: May 05 2018 at 7:54pm
I haven't been on for over a year. I was diagnosed dcis/stage 1 tnbc in 2014 at 49 yrs old. Have been seen by a dr every 3 months since. Just saw rad onc in march and he said I had some slightly swollen glands in non cancer breast but he wasn't worried. I wasn't either because they have been swelling when I'm hormonal. Last Sunday night I was hurting and felt my little lumps, they were sore but still the same size. Figuresbi was hormonal. By Wednesday one was the size of a golf ball!!! And I'm in lots of pain. I'm very small busted and this thing feels like it's stuck in my rib. Went to family dr for another reason and asked him about it. The look on his face was NOT good. I'm supposed to get mammo and see surgeon in June...family dr said " you're going sooner ". That was yesterday(firday). They couldnt get thru to my surgeon so now my mind is racing! Dr did give me some pretty strong antibiotics but I can tell he's sure they won't help. He said it wasnt red, feverish and it is fixed. Has anyone had something grow that fast!? I'm not sure what to expect. To make matters worse, the hospital the surgeon uses is on our insurance network...but the surgeon isn't...so that puts another wrench in the bucket. I need some level headed guidance...please!? Thank you

Edited by joni31 - May 06 2018 at 1:36pm
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 5:38pm
I've not experienced nor heard of something cancerous growing to golf ball size overnight. But, a breast cancer survivor that has anything suspicious should get it checked immediately. At my cancer facility _any_ survivor that calls gets scanned the next day. If nothing else, the level of stress this causes you is unacceptable, you should be seen right away. Your doctor can order the scan, it doesn't have to be your surgeon - call and don't take no for an answer! Let us know what happens, I'll be thinking about you.
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
TKTK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKTK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2018 at 11:07pm
Hope everything is ok and it was just a scare that passed.

I feel like my golf ball sized lump grew in an extremely short period too... not overnight though.. more like over a month or two? My oncologist was guessing my 5cm mass grew in the last 6-9 months...
I was also put on antibiotics initially before the biopsy results came back because I was feeling a slight pain and I was convinced it was an infection of some sort...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic